Chapter 9

Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AM 0300

 

“Where are we going?” Krystal asked as she yawned.

 

Kai chuckles as he stepped on the gas paddle. “Didn’t you say you wanted a date?”

 

He glances at her small figure on his right. She had been staring outside of the window, enjoying what Mother Nature has to offer her.

 

“I’m giving you one,”

 

When Kai lived on the streets, he had some ways of having fun without using money, because money was scarce back then. Although he has some cash on him now, he was used to surviving without it, and he learnt that money couldn’t buy us everything. He raked his mind on some ways to impress Krystal, but pushed that thought aside seeing how glum she looked.

 

She doesn’t need to be impressed right now.

 

All she needs is to have a little fun, and then maybe she’ll let her wild side out.

 

The car comes to a stop, and Kai smiled at the abandon circus fair before him. Back then before he entered the academy, he would come to this place often when he was bored.

 

Krystal stepped outside warily. The circus fair looked like a ghost town, - it looked abandoned most importantly. There was just this eerie feeling surrounding the area, but she braved herself to take a step forward, but still standing behind Kai’s muscular figure.

 

Kai reminisced the times when he had fun at this place alone. He never thought that someday, he would have to share his safe haven with someone else. He glanced at the small, frail figure behind him.

 

But it was Krystal we are talking about, and Kai would do anything for her.

 

“Do you trust me, princess?” He asks as he bends down to her height, giving her his hand for her to take. She didn’t say anything and grasp onto his fingers. It was an unusual place to bring a girl for a date, but as odd as it seems. She liked the idea very much.

 

The Viking ride stood tall and proud by the entrance gate, looking rusty but hauntingly beautiful. The roller coaster ride was next, and Kai remembered that he couldn’t ride it when he was younger because he was not up to the minimum height yet. The Merry-go-round came after, and the centre of attraction of the whole fair was the circus tent which used to be bright red but now it was only a dull maroon.

 

Krystal trails a finger onto the old tent, smiling as she hummed. She came from an elite family, so she was brought up to thinking that things like the circus fair was something a foolish and poor person would go to. She was not allowed to go to places like these, simple because her father said that the rich and the poor weren’t supposed to mix.

 

But look at her now.

 

She was disobeying her father’s orders and she liked it. She liked being a rebel. She felt invincible. 

 

her father.

 

Behind the circus tent was the Ferris wheel, and her eyes sparkled with delight seeing that round thing. She’s always wanted to ride one of those.

 

“The power switch is somewhere here …” Kai muttered to himself as he checked behind the circus tent. Aha! He spots the huge lever, and pulls it down, altogether lighting up the whole place with lights.

 

Krystal gasped.

 

She’s never seen something as beautiful as this before. All the rides were shinning and sparkling magnificently, and the whole place just turned from a run-down playground to a beautiful theme park. It even looked better than Paris during her night flight from above! She was lost for words.

 

Kai grinned seeing the shock on her face. It always makes him amused seeing her get surprised a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter