Chapter 7

Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AM 1003

 

When Krystal woke up the following morning, she could already tell how bad the day is going to go. Her bets included her father storming onto the agency's ground and embarrassing her in front of the entire student body. She knows that her father would freak once he was notified of the new record holder, - who happens to be Kai, especially after finding out where the said boy came from. 

 

Mr Jung was apart of the higher level committee members here at The Queens. 

 

I know, as his tutor, Krystal should be happy for him, - proud at least. I mean, people wouldn't expect any lower of Krystal's student right? So of course Kai would excel well. But why was she feeling so upset. In fact, so angry? 

 

Perhaps she was mad at herself for bringing up the challenge to Kai. Maybe if she didn't do that in the first place, this situation would have never happened. 

 

Either way, it didn't matter now. The damage's been done. Krystal was confirmed doomed. 

 

But she still hoped though, - she hoped God would spare her from the embarrassment and scolding. Truth to be told, she was god damn sick and tired of her father screaming at her to do better and be number one. 

 

She was sick of all of it, actually.

 

Hansol had been frantically looking for her since the news about Kai broke out. He knew her well to know what the consequences on her were. It wasn't a surprise that he finally discovers her in the skating rink, because when she's stressed or upset, her first remedy would be ice-skating. 

 

It was silent when he sat next to her. 

 

No words were exchanged. 

 

The air was still, but it still held some comfort in it. Krystal couldn't open , but she had wanted to say a lot of things. She wanted to say how it was her fault, and it wasn't entirely Kai's. 

 

"Anything say to have don't you," Hansol finally mutters. 

 

"Lunch for go just lets," 

 

Krystal weekly nodded and stood up, walking side-by-side with Hansol into the cafeteria. The space was already buzzing with noise due to Kai, but when Krystal walked in, it only grew louder. 

 

They spoke about her. Everyone did. 

 

They called her names. Said nasty things about her. Told her to wipe that cold look off her face. 

 

Oh, how she wanted to crumble down and cry. 

 

They said she wasn't number one anymore. 

 

Krystal gets it, - she wasn't the best anymore. But why did they all had to rub it in her face? She didn't recall doing that to them before. Why did they had to be so mean to her? 

 

Kai watched her weak figure saunter across the floor with much delicacy. He was sitting on the edge of his seat, just because he wanted to stand by in case anything were to happen. 

 

He didn't get it. Why did everyone had to make such a big deal out of his accomplishment? 

 

He just passed a test, not saved Obama. 

 

And why did everyone had to speak so ill of Krystal? Why were they throwing her insults? 

 

"Look at that , still wearing that proud look on her face-," 

 

"Sehun!" Suho hissed, giving him the evil eye. The elder didn't liked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter