Chapter 8

Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AM 0200

 

Krystal smiled as her fingers dug deeper into the sand. The sound of the waves accompanying her as she kept her eyes closed under the shining stars.

 

Her eyes blinked open.

 

She was still there.

 

She was still alive.

 

Why?

 

Why can’t the world just open up a whole and swallow her in right away?

 

A stray tear fell across her cheeks. She was hurting. But why couldn’t she get Kai off her mind?

 

Kai, Kai, Kai.

 

She sits up straight and stared straight into the sea. Krystal wonders what it would feel like to walk in there and disappear forever.

 

Would it work?

 

She stands up, taking small steps towards the sea. When her toe touches the first droplet of the salty water, Krystal looked back to see if there was anyone stopping her. She chuckles to herself. Of course no one would. Hansol didn’t know this place. In fact, nobody did.

 

Where could she go after this? Where is she to hide her face? The entire academy knew that she was an illegal child and Krystal could only wonder why her father would do such a thing.

 

It was so evil, she couldn’t even process it.

 

Why did he hate her so much? She didn’t wish to be born. She’s not the one with the mistakes.

 

Krystal thought that after taking care of her for 22 years, Mr Jung would have felt a bond with her even the slightest bit, - but no. His hatred towards her grew more day by day.

 

When the salty water reached her waist, she thought of the only person she could call them family. Jessica, her step sister. She thought of how her elder step sibling would feel if she took away her life tonight.

Will she miss me?

 

Krystal stops when the water level reached her chest.

 

She couldn’t do it.

 

No matter what way, she couldn’t do it.

 

Whether if it was through cutting, pills, hanging, or drowning, - Krystal couldn’t brace herself to take her life away from her body.

 

It’s such a simple task and would be over within minutes, but she’s a coward on the inside and she could never dare herself to do such a thing.

 

I’m so ing weak.

 

She held her palms to her eyes and cried, the tears of her face mixing with the sea’s. Her loud sobs echoed through the quiet air like a cymbal being hit when it is no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter