Chapter 6

Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AM 1000

 

When Krystal was younger, she learnt two things in life: (1), the people whom you love, don't always love you back and (2), when you are attracted to people, it’s because of the details and the kindness in their eyes. Not because of how attractive they are.

 

Kai was an interesting subject.

 

When Krystal was in his place, she trained hard, - everyday, in fact. But Kai was determined. He trained every second of the day. He wasted no time. Once their session was over, Kai would stay back to train even though it was way past one in the morning. And when classes start, he would always be clad in his white training suit and all sweaty, his face looking tired but that stupid smile was still plastered on his face.

 

Not only was he hardworking, but Kai was kind, - absolutely kind for a boy who lived on the streets. This was the personality that Krystal lacked. She was kind, but in her own little way. But everyone loves Kai. He helped everyone. From the littlest action to picking up a rubbish and throwing it into a bin, to helping other students with their assignments and such.

 

Oh course Krystal felt envious.

 

She's been there at The Queens for years, and yet nobody notices her act of kindness. But Kai just came out of nowhere and stole everyone’s hearts. For her it seemed unfair and unreal. Should she have smiled more like he did?

 

Aish, why was she having such thoughts, anyways? Since when had she cared for what others think of her? Well, maybe it was time for a little change ... No. Krystal firmly tells herself. To show an act of kindness is to show a weakness. She can't be seen doing that. It was a disgrace. Disgrace. She repeated the word over and over her head, the vending machine long lost from her view. That is until; someone bent over and held the drink for her.

 

"This is yours, I believe?"

 

Krystal’s eyes met a feminine face and a short blonde hair.

 

Meet Amber Liu. She was a foreign student brought from abroad, more precisely California, USA. Krystal didn't know much about her. Just the fact that she's a tomboy and could speak English. And Krystal appreciates anyone who could speak English here in Korea, - there were only a little amount of them.

 

"Thank you," the younger's lips were pressed together for a firm smile, to which Amber whole-heartedly replied with a broad smile.

 

"See ya around," Amber says while Krystal walked away, earning a sincere smile from her.

 

Krystal sighed as she walked through the hallways. What's gotten into her anyways? Was she nervous for Kai's test next week? Had she been nervous for his failure or rather, his success? Suddenly, she regretted challenging him. She remembers Hansol telling her that men didn't liked being challenged. How moronic of her.

 

Well, the damage was done and it was too late to back out now. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes, eh?

 

 

The following week, AM 0900

 

Krystal wasn't allowed to be near the examination hall. The rules were strict, and even if she was Kai's tutor, she was still a student here at Queen's. Her cold eyes scan through his sore white uniform once again, hoping that this would be the last time she seeing him in it. She contemplated to wish him luck. Should she?

 

Kai tapped her nose lightly.

 

"I know what you're thinking princess, and thank you for that," confidently, he says with a light smirk.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes.

 

"Don't be too confident. Stay 50-50. And if you don't have any other solution, believe in your guts. It always works."

 

Kai gave her a gentle smile, before patti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter