Chapter 5

Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PM 1540

 

The gun slipped through her fingers. Krystal cursed herself as she tries to get a hold onto her pistol, only to have another hand reaching out towards it. 

 

"Kai?!" 

 

He gave her a boyish grin not long before winking, before snagging the gun up to shoot one of the intruders that had been riffling up the room. 

 

It was silent after three gunshots from Kai, and to this Krystal sighed in relief. 

 

"Quick! Out of the room, before we encounter even more of them," she gushed both gentlemen out, pulling the still shaken Hansol out with her. 

 

"I got him," Kai mutters, slinging Hansol's arm onto his neck, so that he could lean on him as Kai walked. Krystal gave him a grim nod before doing the same, and as they three walked side by side together towards safety, she could only think of how selfless Kai was, despite his poor background. Was it even possible such person exists in this century? 

 

God knows. 

 

Krystal was angry at Kai for not listening and going to the Safe Room.

 

But everyone knew that if Kai hadn't followed her towards that ICT Room, both she and Hansol would have been goners by now. 


 

PM 2201

 

"He didn't do it!" Krystal angrily says, slamming her plans onto the wooden surface of the table. 

 

Krystal was mad. 

 

Oh, she was beyond mad. 

 

There she was, explaining to the Director on how Kai had basically saved hers and Hansol's life, but he counter back and decided to put the blame on Kai for the intrusion.

 

"He was with me the whole time!"

 

"Okay Krystal, let's all calm down,-"

 

"No Mr H, I refuse to! How can Director-nim just point fingers like that? Where's the proof? Who said it?" 

 

"Krystal, we have witnesses,-" The Director says.

 

"Who?"

 

"Well Vernon and the boys,-"

 

Krystal stood up from her seat without a sound. She shakes her head and looked at the Director with a disappointed face. 

 

"Vernon's a child, he's just an envious little boy who doesn't know what he's doing,"

 

With that she struts away, palming her fists to hide her anger. As she passes by a hallway, she sees a huge crowd and what sounded like a ruckus in the middle. When she made her way towards the crowd they parted ways for her but of course, as if she was like an ice they didn't want to touch. 

 

"You're a betrayer!" Vernon's young voice filled her ears, and she takes a deep breath, releasing her palms. 

 

Her heart glitch when she sees Kai on the floor, blood dripping down his forehead. 

 

To this, Krystal grew even more angrier. 

 

So, she shoved her hands into Vernon's face. "Do you know what's this, Vernon?"

 

The younger boy chuckled. "Yeah, it's your hands duh?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter