Hug Me

Beastly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                 Jungkook nearly sprinted as soon as he heard the news of his best friend getting into trouble for almost fighting a football player. He ran into the main office, and nearly glared at the orange-haired latter that looked at him with a wide grin, and smiling eyes. “What happened?!” He sat beside him, eyeing him up and down for wounds, but Jimin was unmarked.

                    “It’s that Leo, and Ravi. They keep bothering me about Homecoming. They threatened me not to go, Kookie.” He rolled his eyes as he paused. “They surrounded me in front of my locker, and demanded that I tell Yoongi I was just playing with him-”

                    “Are you serious?!” Jungkook’s eyes widened as he looked at his friend. “Look I’m glad you’re okay but they didn’t hurt you?” he looked him up and down and wondered if his stomach, or legs had been hurt.

                    Jimin shrugged, “When I said I was going to Homecoming with Yoongi whether they liked it or not- it...It looked like they wanted to hurt me, but they just backed away and left.” he shrugged lightly. “Honestly it made me a bit uncomfortable.”

                    Jungkook wrapped an arm around him, “Hey, it’s okay. I’m not going to let them hurt you.” he pulled him closely. Jimin wasn’t afraid, but he let his best friend hold him since he knew Jungkook was scared for him. Jimin hugged him back. “Just ignore them. You deserve to have a good time with Yoongi- I mean, you’ve been dreaming over this for a while now.” He teased.

                    Jimin laughed as he lightly shoved him, “So are we going together?”

                    “Do you think Yoongi will be okay with it? I mean, he’d have to ditch most of his team.”

                    Jimin shrugged. “I’ll have to talk to him about it, I guess.” he looked off to the side, lost in his thoughts until it was clear he couldn’t get something out of his mind. “Hey, Jungkook. Can I ask you something personal….like- please don’t be upset with me.”

                    Jungkook raised a brow as he looked at him with uncertainty. “You can ask me anything- you know that.” he noticed the way Jimin looked around to make sure no one was listening. “Has Leo said anything to you?” Jungkook looked at him, unsure of what made him question that. “It’s just that he went from acting scared less-”

                    “Don’t tell me you actually believed that? It was obviously a joke-”

                    “I don’t know, Kookie. My gut was telling me that he was serious the first time we saw him, and then the second time...and then when his cousin- or whoever the , attacked you by the pool…” his voice drifted off. “I just shrugged it off but now I think Leo was seriously scared of you just by the way he looked.”

                    “Jimin, what are you trying to tell me?”

                    Jimin paused before he looked at him, “Well one morning, I went in early to talk to our teacher about my essay, but he wasn’t there. When I went out the hallway was almost empty…” his voice drifted. Jungkook nudged him so he could continue. “I saw Taehyung.” he said it quickly. He looked at Jungkook. “I saw Taehyung whispering something to Leo that morning.”

                    “Taehyung wouldn’t talk to him…” he shook his head.

                    “I know which is why I didn’t say anything to you. I thought that I must have been seeing things, but I realized that ever since that morning Leo has changed. He went back to his old self, and- and-” He exhaled deeply, feeling a bit anxious from saying it out loud. “I don’t understand it, Kookie. But do you think Taehyung threatened him?”

                    “Leo has no reason to be afraid of Taehyung, and you know that.”

                    “I know but-”

                    “No, Jimin.” He stood up, becoming more and more anxious the more Jimin spoke. Jungkook had also known Leo’s changes, but he didn’t think too much of them. “IF Taehyung  did say something to Leo that’s none of my business. Plus, Leo has always been an and you know that. He plays games, Jimin and I- I…” he shook his head. Jimin stood and grabbed his hands so he could look at him.

                    “I just wanted to tell you...just in case you notice anything off between Taehyung and Leo. That’s all.” He smiled lightly. Jungkook exhaled deeply as he slowly nodded in response.

                    When Jungkook met up with Taehyung later that day, he couldn’t get Jimin’s words out of his head. He would look at the elder, and wonder if he would ever talk to Leo. He frowned a bit, and remembered how terrified Leo once looked of him. Jungkook exhaled a bit as he forced himself to stop thinking about it. He trusted Taehyung, and he knew he wouldn’t do anything bad. After that he didn’t let himself think about it even more.

                    The dynamics between their relationship had changed suddenly within the next few weeks. Taehyung took care of Jungkook just as much as the younger took care of him. It was strange how they had suddenly become attached to the hip. A few students would look at them funny because they didn’t trust Taehyung, but Jungkook ignored them. He ignored everyone and focused on Taehyung only. Taehyung was sweet to him in every way that he could be, and Jungkook appreciated how much he’s been trying for him. His feelings for Taehyung suddenly multiplied. It made him feel anxious, but excited at the same time.

                                                              One late afternoon, Jimin and Jungkook walked home from school. They were quiet most of the way since Jungkook was too busy to focus on anything. He couldn’t stop thinking about Taehyung, and his heart would beat crazily at the thought of the elder. He had a small smile on his face every single day because he would think Tae for the majority of the day. Jimin looked at him and sighed heavily. “Will you stop? I suddenly regret letting you make new friends.”

                    Jungkook beamed as he shrugged lightly, “Taehyung has been really sweet lately. I don’t  know what it is, ChimChim, but I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy before.” He looked at him. “Do you think it would be a bad idea to tell him…?” he looked worried for a second. “How badly do you think  he’d reject me.”

                    Jimin stopped to roll his eyes, “Seriously, Kookie. You’re blind if you don’t notice he gives you just as much attention as you give him. Plus...he has the same stupid smile on his face when he’s looking at you- it’s like I’m not even here!” He shook his head. “I’m so offended.”

                    Jungkook’s smile grew, “Really?”

                    “Yes. You should really just confess already because I’m getting anxious for you.”
                    Jungkook thought about it, “I don’t know. I-I’ll think about it…” his voice drifted off as they continued to walk.


 

                    The week before Homecoming, Taehyung was invited to Jungkook’s family dinner and he couldn’t help but feel incredibly anxious. He hardly knew how to act around people his age, so he couldn’t imagine himself with Jungkook’s parents for more than ten minutes. He cleared his throat as he headed towards the house. His phone started to vibrate, and he quickly dug it out of his pocket and looked at the message with a growing smile on his face.

    

    From Jin:

            Taaaae!! Good luck with dinner tonight. Just remember to trust yourself, and everything will be fine. If you don’t want to talk, don’t force yourself. Just wanted to let you know I’m proud of you for actually getting out and trying to make friends. I’m so proud! Love yooooou, I’ll see you soon :*

 

                    Taehyung smiled at the message and he quickly replied with a short ‘love u 2’ before he stuffed his phone into his pocket and stopped at the front door. He smiled brightly when he saw Taeyeon open the door, “Taehyung!” She pulled him into a tight hug, and squeezed him lightly from happiness. Taehyung felt slightly weird, but he hugged her back lightly. “Come in!” She pulled him inside. “Kookie, baby!!! Your date- I mean Taehyung is here.” She smiled at him, “I’m so happy you two are going to Homecoming together.”

                    Taehyung walked into the dining room and he waved lightly at Leeteuk- who quickly stood up to greet him. Leeteuk hugged him tightly, and Taehyung tried his best to hug him back. It was strange for him to feel so much comfort from different people. “I’m also just as excited that you two are going together. Honestly I was worried Jimin would be the only friend my son ever made-” he teased.

                    “Hey!” Jungkook stood behind them with a small frown on his face. Taehyung slowly turned and his smile grew when he saw how adorable the younger looked in his iron man onesie. His hair was disheveled, and his eyes looked tired- he looked as if he had just woken up, but Taehyung swore he had never looked more endearing. Jungkook smiled cheekily, “Hi Tae!” He pulled him into a tight hug, and Taehyung didn’t hesitate in embracing him just as tightly. He became lost in the warmt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter