Homecoming Proposals

Beastly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    Jimin nearly sprinted down the hallways, almost knocking over a few of his classmates as he desperately needed to get to his best friend because he could no longer hold in the news. He apologized multiple times as he carefully ran past everyone, and when he finally reached Jungkook- who stood in front of his locker, he had to lean down, hold his knees and catch his breath. Jungkook frowned as he stared at Jimin with a puzzled expression, “Uh...are you okay?”

                “No!” Jimin nearly tossed his backpack to the side because he could hardly hold still, he could barely contain himself and keep himself together. “Something major is happening, Kookie!” He was bouncing in place as he grabbed onto Jungkook’s arm, but when he tried to speak he couldn’t get any words out.

                “Aish, Chimchim just spill already! You’re making me anxious just by looking at you.” He looked his best friend up and down and shook his head when he noticed how jittery he was. “Don’t tell me Yoongi finally noticed you-” he laughed loudly. “Yea right. If that ever happened I’m pretty sure you would faint.” He patted the top of Jimin’s head, and the younger giggled when Jimin started to glare at him.

                “Okay, so you know the homecoming dance is happening soon right?” Jimin asked. His best friend had no idea where he was going with this so he only nodded. Jimin was nearly squealing from excitement, “So the football players are doing something different.”

                “And you know this, how? Who are your references?” Jungkook interjected and he couldn’t help but giggle when Jimin exhaled heavily.

                           “Aish, I heard it from Hoseok, who heard it from Baekhyun who heard it from-”

                    “My head is starting to hurt. Just get to the point.” Jungkook nearly pleaded.

                   “The football players aren’t going to ask anyone out to Homecoming. They want anyone to ask them out and the one with the best...I guess Homecoming proposal wins them as their date.” Jimin squealed as he grabbed Jungkook and spun him around from happiness, “Can you imagine?! Me and Yoongi dancing together at homecoming,” he twirled him which only made the younger laugh loudly. Jimin was completely lost in his daydream while Jungkook could only stare at him and shake his head slowly.

  “So you’re going to ask him out?”

                 “Of course not! I would have to do it in front of the whole football team,” his eyes widened in horror as his lips formed into a small pout. He nearly fell against the locker beside Jungkook’s as he said, “I’ll just keep dreaming.” He looked at Jungkook with a frown, “I don’t want him to go with anyone else, Kookie.” He whined.

                Jungkook shook his head, “You need to ask him to the dance then...this is your chance! Come on when is something like this ever going to happen again?”

                “Probably never.”

                “Then you need to do this!”

                Jimin looked at his best friend as if he had lost his mind, “You do realize he’s going to say no, right? I’m a guy. And even if that didn’t matter, I wouldn’t know how to ask him in a way that would blow his mind.” He sulked while Jungkook only shrugged in response- it wasn’t really up to him whether or not Jimin gained the courage to ask Yoongi out to Homecoming in front of everyone. “You should ask Taehyung.” Jimin smiled sweetly. Jungkook glared at him, “Aw come on. You know if it were up to him he wouldn’t go anywhere…” he shrugged. “It’d be sweet if you would be there for him.”

                “Chim, he’d probably take that the wrong way…” Jungkook chewed on  his lower lip, but the idea sounded even more appealing the longer he thought about it. Jimin shrugged a bit, he was too busy wondering if he should ask Yoongi to his own Homecoming or not. The idea of being there with him was exciting, but it also made him sick to his stomach. “Hi Taehyung hyung!” Jungkook waved sweetly at him when the elder stopped before his locker.

                Jimin smiled lightly as he waved at him. Taehyung waved back with a small smile on his face. “You should ask him.” He whispered but then whined when Jungkook punched his shoulder. “Ow!” He whimpered while Jungkook only stuck his tongue out at him. Jungkook walked towards Taehyung’s locker while Jimin remained in the same spot. He was too focused on whether or not he should ask Yoongi or not.

                “Good morning hyung, did you have a good night?” Jungkook asked in his usual sweet voice. Taehyung looked at him and smiled lightly as he nodded briefly- it was a lie because he had a nightmare, but he couldn’t tell Jungkook about it. “I’m so glad!” He beamed as he leaned against the locker closest to Taehyung’s locker. “Hyung, are you going to your Homecoming?” He asked with curious, bright eyes and his lips were pursed together as he patiently waited for Taehyung to respond to him- either verbally or with his body language.

                Taehyung frowned a bit as he thought about it. He didn’t plan on going to his homecoming, but then he suddenly started to hear Jin’s voice in his ear nagging at him that he should go because it’s his last year. He looked at Jungkook and gave him a small shrug. He froze for a second when he noticed a few students, feet away from them, whispering to one another as they stared at him and Jungkook.

                Jungkook hummed in response, but frowned when he noticed Taehyung’s small glare to someone behind him. He turned, and smiled lightly, “Hi Tiffany!! Hi Sunny!” He waved cutely with the biggest smile on his face. The girls waved back half-heartedly before the approached him. “Hi girls this is Taehyung. Taehyung this is Tiffany and Sunny.” He introduced them politely, “They’re in my choir class.”

Taehyung felt strange by the way they looked at him.

                                    “Jungkook, can we talk to you for a second?” Sunny turned so she would face him and ignore Taehyung. Tiffany did the same which annoyed the elder, so he just walked away. Jungkook tried to say something to him but Sunny got in front of him. “We’re worried about you,” she said.

                      Jungkook frowned, “Worried about me? Why, I feel fine.” He placed his hand on his forehead to make sure he wasn’t burning up. He looked at Sunny and then at Tiffany, “You two didn’t have to be so rude to Taehyung.” He shook his head. “I’m disappointed-”

     “We’re the ones that are disappoint, Jungkook. Why would you talk to that freak, he spends half of his time glaring at everyone.”

                “Maybe that’s just his face.” Tiffany interjected.

                Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Don’t call him a freak, Sunny. And would you two just leave me alone you’re being way too judgmental right now-”

                “No, Jungkook we’re really afraid for you!” Tiffany tried to grab his arm but he pulled away and stepped away from them while they looked at him with terrified expressions. “We seriously think there’s something wrong with him. You need to be careful.”

                Jungkook was too annoyed to say anything, so instead he simply walked away from them and headed to class. When he sat on his seat he couldn’t get Taehyung out of his head. It was true, the elder did glare at people most of the time, but Jungkook didn’t believe he meant any harm by it. Maybe he just didn’t trust people as easily as others did.


 

            During lunch, there was a huge crowd surrounding the football players’ table because many girls started to propose to each of the players- well, propose for the Homecoming dance. Most of the athletes didn’t look impressed while others had a cocky smile plastered on their face. Yoongi was proposed to multiple times, and many of those times involved food. One girl with a huge flower pinned in her hair had a huge poster that read, “Yoongi be a suga and take me to Homecoming?” Yoongi didn’t look impressed, but then again he hardly ever did.

                               Jungkook, and Jimin sat across from Taehyung in a table a bit further away from the crowd. “Wow this is going to be intense.” Jungkook frowned as he looked around and saw the multiple signs that asked the players to the dance. The youngest looked over at his orange-haired best friend, “Jimin, you should seriously just ask him.”

            Jimin’s eyes were wide, he was trembling at the thought of going in the middle of that huge crowd and proposing for Yoongi to take him to his Homecoming dance. “I want to, I really do, but I don’t think I can. Complimenting him is one thing...asking him out is completely different. Just thinking about it-I’d probably start crying.” He whimpered.

            Jungkook patted his back gently, “It’s okay Jimin don’t be so hard on yourself.”

            Taehyung looked at Jimin for a moment before he started to stab his food with his fork. He ate quietly while Jungkook and Jimin continued to watch the hundreds of girls asking the football players to take them to the dance. Tae was lost in his thoughts when Jungkook started to ask him something, he looked up and met the younger’s eyes. He hummed to indicate he didn’t hear what he asked. “I’m gonna get some fruit, hyung. Did you want any?” Jungkook smiled. Taehyung thought for a moment.

            He nodded.

            “Do you want an apple or berries?”

            “Berries.” Taehyung smiled lightly at the younger before he walked off to get them their fruit. Jimin sulked, he crossed his arms and became really jittery as he stared at the table with a dejected expression; he looked seconds away from crying. He wanted to ask Yoongi more than anything, but his heart was racing so hard in his chest that he was sure he would faint.

            “I just want to ask him…” he pouted.

            Taehyung looked at him with pity. He wanted to say something encouraging, but he had no idea what he could possibly say to make him feel any better. Jimin was Jungkook’s best friend, and because the orange-haired latter was so important to his smiling bunny, Taehyung felt a sudden need to comfort him. “I just wish I could go up to him, and tell him how I feel.” He sighed. “They’d probably all laugh at me though…”

            Taehyung shook his head lightly as he looked down at his food, “It takes confidence...and courage.” He whispered lightly.

            Jimin pouted. He leaned his head on the palm of his hands and started to whine lightly. “I’m so hopeless. I can’t get him out of my head. He’s a football player with so many girls drooling over him- I should just move on with my life.” He sniffled.

                                      Taehyung  looked at him before he looked at the large crowd.  He chewed on his lower lip as he whispered, “It’s okay, Jimin. You just need to trust yourself, and be confident-” As soon as the words slipped out of his mouth, he covered his mouth, his eyes widened and his heart started palpitating. Jimin’s pupils seemed to dilate a bit, the words sinking into his brain as his body reacted. Taehyung tried to speak, but his words were caught in his throat.

                Without another thought, Jimin stood up and approached the large crowd. When Jungkook came back to the table, he handed Taehyung a cup with berries inside, “Where did Jimin go?” Taehyung pointed to the crowd, and Jungkook slowly turned. His eyes widened when he saw Jimin stand in front of Yoongi with a sweet smile on his face.

                “Hi Yoongi hyung, I’m Park Jimin.” He began with a cute tone that made every football player turn to watch him. Jimin bowed a bit before he looked around at all of the girls with their signs. “I know that I don’t have a sign or food...or a gift to win you over, but I do know that I have something even better than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter