Butterfly

Beastly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Seriously dude what the has gotten into you?!” The muscular football player asked in a disgusted tone as he got really close to the tiny mint-haired elder. Leo shook his head multiple times as he waited for Suga to say something, but when he didn’t answer he continued, “What, you’re gay now?”

            Suga slammed his locker shut before he grabbed his helmet. He slowly turned to look at Leo with a small glare- it made Leo take a few steps back. Yoongi wasn’t as talkative as the rest, and even though he was tiny many of his teammates were intimidated by him. There was something about his eyes that would make everyone instantly shut up. He put his helmet on before he walked away from him and headed out towards the football field. When he approached his teammates, they walked together towards the field that was surrounded by screaming classmates. It was late, and Suga can hardly concentrate on the game because his biggest cheerleader was screaming blood murder for him- cheering him on so loudly that his ego doubled in size.

            Jimin stood by the fence as he continuously screamed for Yoongie throughout the game which not only surprised his best friend but also embarrassed him a bit. Jungkook looked around, and wanted to hide for a moment when everyone looked at Jimin as he screamed for Yoongi. Jungkook cleared his throat, “Jimin! I get that he’s your date, and you wanna show him you’re here for him but…” his voice drifted when Jimin looked at him with the most excited smile on his face.

            “But what?” Jimin laughed lightly. He was breathing heavily as his hands gripped onto the fence. The cheerleaders were glaring at him because he was much louder than they were combined which surprised the hell out of each of them. He turned and started to cheer for Yoongi a bit longer.

                         Jungkook cleared his throat, “ChimChim everyone is glaring at you…” he looked around, his eyes widening from the many pairs of eyes that stared at his best friend and him. “Don’t you think you should tone it down a bit?”

        “Tone down? But why? I don’t care what anyone thinks about me, Kookie.” He shrugged lightly while Jungkook’s jaw dropped slightly. His best friend was practically glowing, oozing from how confident he had suddenly become, and it made Jungkook a bit intimidated. “YAS YOONGI!! TACKLE HIM!!!” He jumped up and down as he threw his arms into the air.

        Jungkook sighed heavily, but smiled when Taehyung approached them with water bottles, “Thanks, hyung, for getting us the water bottles- though I’m sure Jimin is going to need like five of these by the end of tonight.” He teased which made Taehyung smile a bit. Jimin was hardly paying attention to them as he took the water bottle, thanked him briefly, and then turned his attention back to the game. “I didn’t even  know you understood football, Jimin.”

        Jimin shrugged, “I still don’t really understand, but whatever Yoongi is doing is perfect. KICK HIS YOONGI!” He cheered.

        “Do you understand football, Tae?” He whispered the nickname lightly, hoping his elder didn’t hate it, but he smiled when it made Taehyung smile a bit. Taehyung shook his head quickly. “Same. I hate it honestly.” He shrugged. “I just don’t get the hype- no offense Jimin.” He beamed while his best friend was too busy screaming to say anything back. He leaned against the fence, his back towards the football field, and he smiled when Taehyung did the same because neither of them were there for the game. “Tae- uh do you mind if I call you that?”

        Taehyung smiled as he shook his head. He dug his cold hands into the pockets of his coat as he waited patiently for Jungkook to go on. The younger cleared his throat before he smiled brightly at him.

        “I just wanted to tell you that I told my parents we were going to Homecoming together, and they were really excited about it.” He shrugged as he smiled brightly. “They really like you, Tae, and now they keep bugging me to invite you over for dinner this weekend. If you wanted to, of course.” He shrugged a bit.

        Taehyung looked deep in thought for a few seconds, but he couldn’t find it in himself to deny Jungkook’s offer. He couldn’t deny that spending time with his family was intimidating, but he couldn’t imagine how it could hurt. He assumed they knew he didn’t talk much, so he wasn’t expecting a ton of questions. He smiled at Jungkook and nodded, “I’ll come over.” The younger clapped his hands together before he pulled Taehyung into a tight hug. It still surprised the elder when Jungkook would hug him because he wasn’t used to having someone- other than Jin, be so affectionate towards him. Tae hugged Jungkook back, and they embraced one another for a bit longer. Jungkook was trying to calm his racing heart and flushing cheeks while Taehyung tried to understand what made the younger trust in him so much. But he didn’t think about it too much because he wanted to enjoy the moment.

            When they pulled apart, and the warmth between them became replaced with the cold air of the night. Jungkook hugged himself as he looked behind Taehyung and smiled lightly, “Hi Baekhyun!” He waved lightly. Taehyung turned and was surprised to see a small brunette smiling at him- it was strange because people hardly made eye contact with him. “Taehyung, hyung this is Baekhyun...Baekhyun this is Taehyung.”

            Baekhyun grinned as he excitedly shook Taehyung’s hand, “It’s so nice to finally meet you! Jungkook will not shut up about you during choir class-” he rambled which made Taehyung really surprised by how comfortable the younger became with him. Jungkook nearly glared at his friend with killer eyeliner.

            “Baek.” Jungkook glared at him for a second, but when Taehyung looked at him his expression softened. “Baekhyun talks too much, I should warn you now.” He chuckled. “And the only thing I’ve told Baekhyun so far is that we’re going to Homecoming-”

            “And he won’t shut up about it! I get, I get! I would be so excited too, but I’m stuck going with Chanyeol.” He rolled his eyes but his smile didn’t fade. “You don’t know Chanyeol, do you hyung?” He looked at Taehyung. The elder shook his head. “Well, count your blessings! Avoid him like the plague. The dude gets super clingy- I’m starting to think we’re dating now.” He looked at Jungkook and shrugged with a puzzled look on his face.

            “You two would look cute together.” Jungkook teased which Baekhyun didn’t seem to find amusing in the slightest.  “Aw come on, he takes care of you, doesn’t he?” Baekhyun shrugged once again as his response, and it was clear that he didn’t want to talk about it. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and then at Baekhyun as he wondered if Chanyeol really was as annoying as he made him sound. They talked for a bit longer, but could hardly hear each other because Jimin would not stop screaming.

            “Can he just lost his voice already?” Baekhyun half glared at his orange-haired friend. “Jesus, how badly does he want senpai to notice him?” Jungkook nodded in response, but then his words got caught in his throat when he saw a few cheerleaders approaching Jimin with their hands on their hips. They looked clearly pissed as they stopped in front of Jimin, but he didn’t pay any attention to them. One of them cleared their throat.

            Jimin beamed widely as he waved cutely to Yoongi when he finally looked at him. When Yoongi saw the bright, excited smile of the orange-haired sophomore he couldn’t help but crack a smile. He shook his head lightly when he looked away from Jimin and tried to get back into the game, but he couldn’t stop smiling from hearing Jimin cheering him on.

            “Hey!” One of the petite cheerleaders called to Jimin. He looked at her for half a second before he looked back at the football field, “We don’t mind you cheering, but can you calm down? The crowd can’t even hear us-” Yuri started, but Jimin quickly interrupted her.

            “Wait, what?” His eyes widened as he looked at her and then at the cheerleaders. He gasped lightly. “I seriously didn’t even know you were here.” He shrugged. “Couldn’t hear you- guess I’m too excited.” He smiled as he looked away from her and blew Yoongi a kiss.

            She scoffed, “God, you’re so gay…” she walked off. The words had no effect on Jimin because he continued to cheer as if nothing had even happened. A few of the cheerleaders continued to glare at him a few times as they tried their best to be peppy. Jungkook approached his best friend friend.

            “Are you okay?” He frowned a bit. “Don't listen to her, Jimin. Her word don’-”

            “What?” Jimin turned to look at him, but he smiled quickly when he saw Jungkook’s worried expression. “Aw come on, you know the only opinion that matters to me is your….umma’s.” He nearly snorted when Jungkook punched his shoulder. “Aish, you brat! You’ve always had a good arm, Kookie.” He whined.

            After the game was over, and Jimin’s voice was raspy from screaming so much, he almost hopped over the fence to get to Yoongi, but Jungkook and Baekhyun held him back. “BYE YOONGI!” Jimin waved, his voice faltering and cracking. Jungkook nearly shoved his water bottle into his arms. Jimin took the bottle and drank it quickly.

                      Baekhyun shook his head before he looked at Taehyung, “Hey hyung, I don’t know if this kid has told you or not-” he said as he glanced at Jungkook before he smiled brightly at the elder. “...but our choir class is performing this weekend. Don’t miss out on hearing Jungkook’s angelic voice.”

                   Taehyung looked at Jungkook for a moment and the younger seemed to read his expression. “The performance will be at the mall…” he shrugged. “But it’s not like a big performance, or anything like that.” He said quickly which only made the elder shake his head lightly. He knew Jungkook was probably nervous to perform, but he didn’t think too much of it. Jungkook wrapped an arm around Taehyung, “Do you guys wanna go get something to eat?”

                  “Actually I had a better idea.” Baekhyun turned to look at Jimin with a mischievous look on his face. “I think you should sneak into the football players’ shower.” He snickered at the thought because he knew Jimin had always been so self conscious of his body. Jimin’s eyes brightened at the idea which made Baekhyun take a step back as he looked at him with an eyebrow raised. “That smile was completely unexpected. Boy, you need Jesus.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter