Letting Go

Beastly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         Taehyung never had a desire to dress up, he never once saw the thrill in it, or the point really. But he couldn’t think of that when Jungkook ran to him one morning with his usual sweet smile before he said, “Tae! We would be the cutest superheroes!” he insisted countless times. Taehyung worried Jungkook was becoming too invested in the idea of him being a superhero, but he didn’t have the heart to discourage his wishes once again. He bit his lips together, whined softly before he mumbled a weak:

            “Fiiinnne-” and he was silenced instantly when Jungkook threw himself into the elder’s arms, jumped up and down excitedly and showered his face with kisses. Taehyung laughed as he draped his arms around the younger and allowed himself to be kissed. It was the greatest feeling, his heart was pounding in his chest as he looked at Jungkook for a moment and then kissed him sweetly on the lips. Jungkook grinned as he kissed him deeply, completely forgetting that they were in the middle of the school’s hallway.

            They had forgotten, and in that moment they could hear a teacher’s booming voice, screaming, “Jeon Jungkook!” the footsteps stomped towards them. Jungkook quickly turned, his eyes widened when he saw that it was his choir teacher. He swallowed dryly, and Taehyung noticed how nervous he became. Jungkook had been keeping things from him, he knew that much, but he slowly realized it had to do with his choir class. Jungkook was constantly careful with how he acted around school to protect the class’s reputation, but he had forgotten for a split second.

            “What did I say?” she looked at him with her hand on her hip. She looked completely disappointed in him as she continued to scold him. “Jungkook I can’t have someone ruining the innocence of the choir class- I’m sorry you’re beyond talented, but I can’t-”

            Taehyung noticed the way Jungkook looked near in tears, and he looked at Mrs. Park and said as he shook his head, “It’s really not a big deal.” he insisted, his head slightly hurting but he ignored it. He was determined to talk to Jungkook’s teacher as best as he could.

            Mrs. Park suddenly turned her attention to Taehyung, her eyes slowly widening as she nodded slowly, “It’s not a big deal.” She whispered, her voice losing her stern tone and gaining a monotone. Taehyung’s eyes widened, he slowly took a step back as he looked at her in confusion. She blinked as she looked at Jungkook and smiled. “I’ll see you later in practice.” She smiled brightly at him before she walked off. Taehyung was shaking, his eyes dropping to the ground as his head was spinning with millions of questions.

            Jungkook looked at him, but remained quiet for a moment. He wasn’t sure what to say, he felt strange as he looked at Taehyung’s expression. He looked completely confused and worried. “Tae…” his voice was gentle, he placed his hand on the elder’s shoulder, “Hey, talk to me.”

            “I didn’t-” he stopped himself, his words becoming tangled in his mind. “I didn’t mean to.” he whispered as he shook his head. “I didn’t mean to.” he repeated as he looked at Jungkook. “I just don’t understand.” he breathed deeply and shook his head.

            “I believe you.” Jungkook said quickly, he took his hand and squeezed it gently. “Relax, Tae...just calm down first.” he spoke gently. Taehyung breathed deeply as he looked at him. “What do you think this means?”

            Taehyung chewed on the inside of his cheek while he thought for a moment. Jungkook pulled him, and they walked down the hallway and headed towards the front of the school. They sat down in a secluded area, and Jungkook looked at Taehyung before he said, “Do you think...this ability...grows?” he wasn’t sure how to phrase it, so he tried again. “Do you think one day you’ll be able to make someone do something just by looking at them, and not...needing to say anything?” Taehyung’s eyes widened in horror as he stared in front of him at nothing in particular. His heart was pounding, his chest felt tight as he struggled to breathe. Jungkook quickly took his hand, “Hey, it’s okay.” he cupped his cheek and made him look at him. Taehyung’s eyes met his own and Jungkook smiled gently before he said, “We’re gonna figure this out together.” he nodded slowly.

                                      He looked into the younger’s eyes and wondered how he had been so fortunate to have him by his side. He muttered a weak sound, completely unable to process the simple idea of being able to control someone with his thoughts. He fell onto Jungkook’s eyes, closed his eyes and whimpered while Jungkook wrapped his arms around him. “It’s okay.” he whispered as his fingers trailed down the elder’s back. “It’s okay, it’s going to be okay.” he continued to whisper as he placed his chin on Taehyung’s head. He closed his eyes, and forced himself not to cry because he needed to be strong for Taehyung. He had to be positive. Taehyung hugged Jungkook back, he couldn’t stop thinking about how badly he didn’t want his ability to grow.

            “There are some words that are really dangerous for me to say out loud...and if I thought them and someone-” he was starting to panic so Jungkook quickly pulled him back a bit, shook his head and kissed his lips. Taehyung looked at him, “I can’t.” he whispered, weakly.

                                      “What words?” Jungkook asked in a low voice, he gently ran his fingers through Taehyung’s fringe. Taehyung took out his phone and started to type out the word before he showed it to Jungkook. The younger looked at the word and frowned in confusion, “Stop? You can’t say ‘stop’?” Taehyung chewed on his lower lip.

            “Command words like this confuse the body. It isn’t sure what exactly is supposed to stop. Like should it cease to breathe? To function?” he looked at Jungkook, “It would be so dangerous for me to think of this word alone, Jungkook…” he whispered.

                                       “Tae, it’s okay.” Jungkook insisted. “I’ve told you many times before and I’ll say it again...you’re not a bad person. You would never hurt someone on purpose.” he shook his head.

            Taehyung exhaled deeply as he looked down at Jungkook’s lap. “Thanks Kookie.” he smiled softly at him. Jungkook’s smile grew as he wrapped his hand on the elder’s nape and pulled him closely to peck his lips. He smiled brightly at him.

 

            On Halloween, Jimin and Jungkook changed in the younger’s room. Jungkook chuckled when Jimin twirled around in his Mickey Mouse costume with the biggest smile on his face. “How do I look?” he beamed.

            “Adorable.” Jungkook leaned in to pinch his cheek lightly. He laughed when Jimin jumped on the bed, and started posing like a ninja. “You’re a mouse...not the green turtles-”

            “Hey! I can do what I want... Do you think Yoongi will like how I look?”

            “I’m sure he’ll love it. So how are things going with him?”
            Jimin’s smile grew as he thought about him, “Everything is going so well! I know we’re so different but I really think we could make this relationship work. He’s so sweet, Kookie.”

            Jungkook’s smile grew, “I’m so happy for you ChimChim.” He leaned in and ran his fingers through his hair. “You two make an adorable couple.” he chuckled when Jimin squealed in response from how happy he was.

            “You and Taehyung are cute too…” he  looked his best friend up and down, “And I’m sure he’d going to love you in that Iron Man costume.” he chuckled, wrapped his arm around him and pulled him forward a bit, “Come on we should get going now.”


 

            Jungkook knocked on the apartment’s door a few times as he hummed the song ‘Do you want to build a snowman’ from the movie Frozen. He looked around, waiting patiently and then he leaned in once again and knocked on the door. “Tae?” he called out with a small frown. The door opened slowly and he chuckled when he saw Taehyung peaking through a small opening of the door. He was hiding himself as best as he could. “Hey, I’m sure you look great! Don’t be shy-” he giggled as he walked inside, his eyes widened as he looked him up and down. Taehyung was dressed as Captain America, and Jungkook swore he was drooling from how amazing he looked. “Wow.” he beamed.

            Taehyung smiled brightly, “Thanks. You look….” his voice trailed off as he looked at Jungkook, and chuckled when the younger twirled around for him. Taehyung didn’t finish his sentence, instead he wrapped his arm around Jungkook and pulled him into a deep kiss. Jungkook wrapped his arms around him, and kissed him back happily. The moment was making Taehyung’s head spin, and he didn’t want to pull away from Jungkook but he knew they would be late. When they pulled apart they looked at each other with wide grins, “Why are we going to this party again?”

            Jungkook chuckled, “We don’t have to go if you don’t want to-”

            “No, no, no it’s okay.” he smiled a bit before he quickly pecked Jungkook’s lips. He took the younger’s hand and squeezed lightly. Jungkook smiled at him and they headed out of the apartment.

            They arrived shortly to Jongin’s place and as soon as they stepped inside Taehyung felt strange. He bit his tongue when Jongin and Kyungsoo ran up to them with excited smiles, “Hey!! I’m so glad you could make it.” Jongin smiled at Jungkook and then looked at Taehyung, “Taehyung, right?” he stuck out his hand and Taehyung shook it hesitantly as he nodded. “Nice to finally meet you. Last party was a bit too crazy.” he chuckled because he hardly remembered the night. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but smiled at Jungkook and Taehyung.

            “Well we have a candy bar so enjoy it, but not too much- I’m looking at you Jungkook.” he eyed him suspiciously but smiled before they walked off to greet other guests. Jungkook smiled as he excitedly pulled Taehyung towards the many different candies organized on a long table.

            Taehyung looked off to the side, “Jimin is a really good dancer.” he commented as he watched Jimin and Yoongi dancing around the middle of the dance floor together. Jungkook smiled as he saw his best friend smiling widely at Yoongi.

            “He’s always been talented-” he commented as he looked at the candy and picked up a jolly rancher. Taehyung looked at him and then he looked at the candy. He grabbed a chocolate bar and handed it to Jungkook, the younger smiled as he took it.

            “You’re talented too, baby.”

            Jungkook chuckled, “Don’t tell him I said that or else he’ll never let me live it down.” he wrapped his arm around Taehyung and pulled him towards the dance floor but the elder hesitated. Jungkook grinned as he leaned in and pecked his nose, “It’s just us.” he reassured him. Taehyung looked at Jungkook, his heart pounding in his chest as he only focused on only the bunny smile he loved so much. His smile grew as he followed Jungkook into the middle where Jimin and Yoongi were- the couple smiled at them.

            After a couple of hours, Taehyung and Jungkook headed out of Jongin’s place. The elder leaned down, and he grinned when Jungkook jumped on his back to cling onto him. Taehyung held onto his legs as he carried him down the sidewalk. Jungkook swung his legs around lightly as he looked up at the sky with the biggest smile on his face. He hugged the elder’s head and pecked his hair a few times, “Tae...why don’t we visit your umma tonight?” he asked in a low voice.

            Taehyung froze a bit, looked at the ground and bit his lips together. He had dreaded this moment. Jungkook had insisted for the past few weeks to consider going to see his mother to help Taehyung. “I-I don’t think I’m ready.” he whispered weakly. He looked off to the side and whispered. “I’m not allowed to see her.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter