Eyes don't tell me lies

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoong!"  The two girls turned to face the voice that called out to Yoona.

With wide eyes Yoona looked as if she'd seen a ghost.

 

"Unnie?" Yoona stood there in disbelief.

 

"Well don't just stand there; come give your Unnie a hug."  Yoona was still in shock, she hadn't expected her Unnie to appear before her. What was she doing here at Yonsei, in Korea?

 

"Unnie what are you doing here?" Yoona pulled away.

 

"What? Can't I visit my baby sister?" The latter pouted.

 

"Of course you can, but it's the beginning of the school year. Don't you have school as well?" Yoona asked.

 

"Well I attend here."

 

"WHAT?!?" Yoona became wide-eyed again.

 

"Yah! I'm still your Unnie. Stop yelling."

 

"I'm sorry." Yoona apologized, but quickly followed up with a question, "What do you mean you go to school here? Last I check you attend UCLA in the STATES." she emphasized the last word.

 

"I do. But I also attend Yonsei now as well." She replied. Yoona was still confused. "I'm studying abroad for the school year."

 

"You what?!?" Yoona couldn't process what was happening right now.

 

"Yah! Hwang Yoona!"  Yoona wasn't paying attention; she was too busy thinking of other things. Most of all she was thinking of Jessica. What would happen if the two were to meet? She needed to contact Jessica right away. She felt for her phone in her pockets but it wasn't there. She mentally face palmed herself when she remembered she had left it back at Jessica's apartment to charge.

 

"A the school year? As In 2 semesters?" Yoona asked; she wanted to make sure she heard right.

 

"Yes, Technically  it's 3 quarters if we're going by UCLA's calendar." Tiffany replied.

 

"Unnie…" It was Seohyun. Yoona just realized that Seohyun was still there. The moment she faced the girl she suddenly came up with an idea.

 

"Joohyun I want you to meet my Unnie, Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, Tiffany for short. Unnie, this is my friend Seohyun, but we call her by her Korean name Joohyun." Yoona gave Seohyun a look and Seohyun immediately understood the situation. Seohyun knew about Tiffany; Jessica had told her about the girl during one of their girl talks.

 

"It's nice to meet you…"

 

"Joohyun, you can call me Joohyun. " Seohyun says with a smile.

 

"Joohyun." Tiffany smiled with her crescent moon eyes. 

 

 

Sica Unnie was right about Tiffany's Eye smile. Seohyun thought. She noticed the twinkle in the girl's eyes. No wonder Jessica was head over heels for the girl.

 

"It's nice to meet you Tiffany Unnie. Yoona Unnie has mentioned your name in conversation." Joohyun says. It was true; Yoona had mentioned Tiffany's name a few times whenever the gang talked, but she first heard about Tiffany from Jessica.

 

"I hope she spoke of only good things, this choding could be--" Before Tiffany could finish her sentence Yoona intervened.

 

"Unnie~," She pouted.

 

"What?" Tiffany asked innocently.

 

"Stop trying to embarrass me in front of my friend. " Yoona pouted. Tiffany laughed in response.

 

"You should have told me you were studying abroad for a year. Especially since when you planned to study here." Yoona crossed her arms over her chest. She was upset and the older girl could see that. However In truth, she was afraid of what was about to come. She was sure Drama would arise once Tiffany and Jessica met.

 

"It was a surprise." Tiffany says. "Ever heard of it?"

 

"Yeah….I was surprised alright…." Yoona rolled her eyes. 

 

 

"Are you finished here?" Tiffany asked. "I was wondering if we could have lunch." Tiffany then turned to Seohyun. "You're welcome to join us if you'd like."

 

"Actually…" Seohyun was about to respond but Yoona intervened.

 

"Actually we just finished." Yoona says and looks to Seohyun pleading for her not to speak. Seohyun nodded and kept quiet.

 

"Great!" Tiffany says.

 

"But we have to report to our superiors and tell them we're finished." Yoona says quickly.

 

"Ok, let's go then." Tiffany says.

 

"N-no." Yoona panicked. "Wouldn't it be better if I went by myself? It would be faster that way."

 

"Nonsense, We're not in a rush." Tiffany replied.

 

"No!... I-I mean I insist." Yoona said quickly. Before making a run for it, Yoona turned to Seohyun. "Will you stay and accompany my Unnie while I report to the others?" Yoona pleaded for Seohyun to cooperate. Seohyun nodded and understood what Yoona meant by staying behind to accompany her Unnie. She practically asked her to keep Tiffany from meeting Jessica.

 

"I'll be back," With that Yoona ran to find the others; mainly Jessica.

 

It didn't take Yoona a long time to find the others, everyone was gathered at the check-in tables laughing and talking amongst each other. Somewhere in their conversation she could hear her name being said but , Yoona couldn't care less if they were talking about her. The bomb she was about to drop on them was far too important than her.

 

 

 

"Unnie!" Yoona huffed in exhaustion she just ran from the other dormitory.

"Hey! Here's our girl!" Sooyoung says. Everyone else cheered and gave Yoona pats on the back as if she'd done something great. Yoona figured they were cheering because Jessica told them she was going to ask Seohyun out on a date, but In truth she wasn't able to properly do it.

"U-unnie…" Yoona looked at Jessica with distress. Jessica could tell something was up.

"Guys tone it down will you, let's let Yoong speak." Jessica quiets down everyone else and turns to Yoona. "What's the matter Yoo-"

"S-she's here." Yoona cuts Jessica midsentence. She was still trying to catch her breath, but managed to let out a few words.

"She?" Jessica asked. Jessica looked at Yoona with confusion. "Who's sh-"

"Jessi?" Before Jessica could finish her question she was cut off midsentence. She froze at the sound of the familiar voice. The voice that was engraved in her mind despite the 7 years of being apart from the latter.

 

Tiffany.

 

***

 

Dreams really do come true. Today, Jessica's dream came true. Unlike most, Jessica's reaction wasn't one that welcomed it with open arms. The person she had avoided for nearly 7 years was seated on the other end of the table.  Jessica,  along with the others, including Tiffany and some of Krystal's new friends went to the Restaurant buffet Jessica, Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Jonghyun, and Yoona frequented after all incoming Freshmen checked into their dormitories. Freshman orientation would continue after lunch.

 

The atmosphere at the table was tense and the others could feel it. Jessica hadn't said a single word since they had arrived at the restaurant.  She purposefully sat at the end of the table with Sunny and Hyoyeon on opposite ends next to her. She would've sat with Krystal but Krystal was sitting at the table next to theirs with her roommate Luna who turned out to be Jonghyun's cousin, and her new friends Amber, Sulli and Victoria their orientation leader who is also a friend of Jessica and the others. Plus, Jessica wanted her sister to make friends so she sat with the others and left Krystal to sit with her friends. 

 

 

"So Tiffany-ssi, it's great to finally meet you. Yoona has mentioned your name a couple of times in conversation whenever we get together," Sunny says trying to ease the tension at the table. It wasn't a complete lie. Everyone, as in Jonghyun, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, & and Sunny know Tiffany as Yoona's Older sister, but they also know her as Jessica's childhood friend   the girl their friend was helplessly in love with until today. They also know that Tiffany is one of the reasons why Jessica ran away to Korea. Of course they would never mention the latter to Tiffany.

 

"So I've heard," Tiffany says. She then looks at Yoona, "I'm sorry I can't say the same. Yoona hasn't mentioned any of you to me."  Her eyes fell upon Jessica who didn't make eye contact. The girl was staring aimlessly at her barely touched food. Yoona looked at Tiffany and gave her an I'm sorry look.

 

"Oh, we're not offended right guys?" Sunny asked the others who all nodded in agreement. "We're sure Yoona had her reasons. Right Yoona?"

 

"Y-yeah…" Yoona laughed nervously. She could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter