Snowflakes & Sisters

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Formatting on AFF right now is a pain! I had trouble pasting the story here so it took a while  >:|

I guess this will do.  Again italics indicate the past.

Anyway, here you go. Enjoy~! ;)

It’s been a little over a week now since Tiffany and Jessica made up. The two have slowly gone back to being friends, but they didn’t see much of each other since Jessica was busy with the Fall welcome banquet. Then again, Jessica was so busy she rarely saw the others too. When the girl wasn’t in meetings with the other presidents or going out for banquet errands, she was studying by herself. Today was the first time she had time to herself in a long time.

 

“Jessi~!” Jessica looks up from her book, and is greeted by the eye-smiling Princess. Tiffany.

 

“Steph,” Jessica smiles and places her bookmark into her book before closing it.

 

“P.S. I love you huh?” Tiffany asks as she takes the empty seat across from Jessica. “Since when did you read books? I don’t remember you reading much before.”

 

“Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling....They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone.” Jessica smiles as she quotes the book in English.

 

“It’s from the book. It’s one of my favorite quotes so far actually.” Jessica says. “And to answer your question, I started reading a lot more when I came to Korea. I read a lot of English literature so that I wouldn’t forget the language. When I went home after a school year in Korea, my parents and Halmeoni would always tease me about my English being a bit off. So I turned to reading.”

 

“Well, I think it served it’s purpose. Your English sound perfect, and it makes you sound kind of romantic. I bet you use this on all the girls.” Tiffany pokes fun at her friend.

 

“Yah, Just because I’m gay it doesn’t mean I like the whole women population. I have type you know.” Jessica scoffs.

 

“Oh come one Jessi, I’m only teasing you~” Tiffany pokes fun at Jessica.

 

“Whatever,” Jessica dismisses the subject. “So what brings you here?”

 

“Well I went over to your apartment to see if you were there since you mentioned yesterday you were free,but when I arrived there Sunny said you went out and said I might find you here.” Tiffany says.

 

“Well you found me.” Jessica says.

 

“Is this your favorite place?” Tiffany asks.

 

“It’s a special place for me.” Jessica admits.

 

“Special place?” Tiffany asks. “Did you take your dates here?!”

 

“Again with the jokes!” Jessica rolls her eyes.

 

“Come on Jessi,” Tiffany looks at Jessica.

 

“Let’s just say a lot of memories were formed here.”

 

“Oof~” a loud crash was heard as coffee spilled splashing both parties.

 

“Oh my god,” Jessica says in English. She was in such a hurry that she didn’t see the person in front of her. “I’m so sorry.” Was Jessica’s first response to the person she’d just crashed into. She was so flustered at the situation; the crash brought attention to the two of them making Jessica even more nervous and apologetic.

 

“It’s alright,” a laugh from the other person brought Jessica to look up and meet their gaze.“Accidents happen all the time.” Jessica couldn’t help but stare. She felt her heart flutter at the sight of the beautiful girl in front of her, but her gaze was broken when she noticed the stain on the other’s shirt.

 

“This?” The girl points to the stain on her shirt after she notices Jessica staring at it. “It’s just a stain… don’t worry about it.” The girl smiles, but it quickly disappears and is replaced with a frown after seeing Jessica look down in embarrassment. “If you’re really worried, you can make it up to me by replacing my drink.” This brought Jessica’s gaze level to the other’s.

 

“It’s the least I can do,” Jessica says as she cutely rubs her nape nervously. It earned her a melodious laugh.

 

“Yeah...a lot of memories were formed here,” Jessica reiterated as she recalled those memories.

 

The smile on Jessica’s face didn’t go unnoticed by Tiffany. The girl felt a tinge of jealousy, but Tiffany always had a jealousy side to her so, it wasn’t difficult for her to dismiss those feelings as being nothing more than Tiffany acting like a jealous best friend.

 

“Ugh~!”  Jessica winced as she felt the impact of her clumsy actions. Luckily this time, there were no spills. To her surprise, Jessica was greeted with a familiar melodious laugh.

 

“We’ve gotta stop meeting like this.” the velvety voice rang in Jessica’s ears and brought her attention to the owner of that voice.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jessica can’t help but laugh nervously as she rubs her nape.

 

“It’s been a while huh?” the girl says with a smile. “A month right?”

 

“3 weeks,” Jessica couldn’t believe she said that outloud and immediately turned bright red. “N-not that I was counting or anything….I-i...I’m just good at remembering things.” Jessica couldn’t hide her blushing face.

 

“Cute,” The girl says. “If you don’t mind me asking...what’s your name?”

 

“Ah, Jessica Jung Sooyeon.” Jessica says with a smile.

 

“Sooyeon,” The girl says with a smile. Jessica felt her insides flutter when she heard her name come out of the beautiful girl’s mouth. “I like it.” The girl says with a tone of approval.

 

“Ah...Thanks…” Jessica says shyly.

 

Normally, Jessica didn’t like it when people addressed her by her Korean name—not because she hated it or anything. She actually likes her Korean name. She’s just not used to others—apart from her family and a select few friends—calling her by that name. For some reason Jessica didn’t mind that this stranger addressed her by her Korean name. Jessica considered the girl as a stranger despite this being their second meeting simply because she didn’t know the girl’s name. She only knew the girl by her face. She found it refreshing; it made her heart flutter. She found it endearing to be called by her korean name especially by a lover and hoped her future lover would call her by her Korean name.  It would be a lie if Jessica said the girl wasn’t y, because the she screamed y. Her body, aura, and face attested to that.  

 

“Ah, where are my manners?” The girl apologizes. “I’m….”

 

“So what do you do for fun around here apart from reading?” Tiffany asks.

 

Tiffany and Jessica left the cafe and were now taking a stroll around campus. Jessica had volunteered to give Tiffany a special tour of the campus.

 

“I do a lot.” Jessica says.

 

“Wow, that says a lot.” Tiffany mocks the girl.

 

“You know I never remember you being this sarcastic before.” Jessica says jokingly. “If you would let me finish...”

 

Before Jessica could finish she was interrupted by a group of girls passing by.

 

“Jessica Sunbaenim Annyeonghaseyo,” The girls fangirled over Jessica. Being a polite person, Jessica bows her head in acknowledgement.

 

“Ah, Annyeonghaseyo.” Jessica smiles.

 

“Oh my god~! She smiled. Our Ice Princess smiled. And she smiled at me!” one of the girls squealed.

 

“Yah! She smiled at me.” Another said.

 

“You’re both wrong, she smiled at me.” another girl cut in.

 

Jessica and Tiffany laugh as they hear the girls argue while they walk away.

 

“Wow,” Tiffany says with a smile.

 

“Wow what?” Jessica asks.

 

“I didn’t know you were this popular.” Tiffany says.

 

“What are you talking about?” Jessica says.

 

“Oh come on Ice Princess.” Tiffany says as she emphasizes the Jessica’s nickname.

 

“That’s just some nickname Sunny and Hyoyeon came up with during middle school.” Jessica says. “Somehow it followed me to University.”

 

“Jessica Sunbaenim~!” Jessica and Tiffany stopped walking and were approached by a petite  girl.

 

“Minah,” Jessica greets the girl. Tiffany eyed the girl. Minah wore a white blouse over a red flowy skirt and wedges.

 

The girl was cute Tiffany had to admit.

 

“Sunbaenim I baked brownies last night for a club meeting and made too much. I thought of  you and brought you some.” Minah says as she passes Jessica the brownies.  “Luckily I ran into you here.” The girl smiles.

 

“Are these the brownies you brought during the last presidents meeting?” Jessica asks. The girl nods. “These were delicious. Thank you~!”

 

“I’m glad you liked them,” Minah notices Tiffany and tells Jessica, “You can share it with your friends if you want.” The girl flashes a flirty smile towards, but Jessica was too excited about the brownies she’d just received to notice.  However, Minah’s flirty smile didn’t go unnoticed by Tiffany. In fact, Tiffany cringed when she saw the girl flirt with Jessica. She unconsciously clenched her fist.

 

“Thank you Minah-ya.” Jessica pats the girl on the head like she would with a dongsaeng.

 

Tiffany’s fist loosened as she laughed inwardly at  Jessica’s action and Minah’s reaction.  What was more funny was Jessica had no clue—the girl was completely oblivious.

 

“Anyway, We have to go Minah.” Jessica says. “Thanks again for the Brownies.” Jessica smiles.

 

“No problem Sunbaenim.” Minah smiles back. “I’ll see you at the meeting tomorrow right?”

 

“Meeting?” Jessica asks.

 

“The Presidents’ meeting. They moved it to tomorrow instead of on Thursday.” Minah says. “Did you not get the email?”

 

“Oh, I haven’t checked my email yet,” Jessica says. “I’ll be sure to check that when I get home. Thank you for telling me.”

 

“No problem,” Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter