Her revelation

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day

 

It's a Sunday afternoon and Jessica was at her favorite cafe, Sowon Cafe, located just 2 blocks away from her apartment. She came to the Cafe to relax and do a little reading for leisure.

 

“I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” Jessica silently reread the line from the book she picked up at the local book store she frequented. She caught herself sighing aloud and closed her eyes after realizing why she’d been stuck on that line for the last fifteen minutes. Closing her eyes did nothing for her. It didn't make her thoughts disappear; It actually made it worse.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Jessica's thoughts were disrupted,by a familiar voice she could already tell by the voice alone who it was without even looking. She opened her eyes and tore them away from the novel in front of her. To her surprise, the former was already seated in the chair across from her.

 

“Hmm, Dear John. I heard that was a great movie. But it’s just like you to read the story than to watch it on the big screen.” The younger girl says.

 

“What do you want Yoona?” Jessica placed a bookmark on the page she stopped on before closing it and setting it aside. She knew it would be of no use to her to continue reading when her mind was somewhere else.

 

“Unnie,” the younger girl pouted. “Does there have to be a reason for your favorite dongsaeng, that’s me, to see her favorite Unnie.”

 

“Yes.” Jessica said flatly. “Also, last time I checked SooJung is my favorite dongsaeng.Plus, I don’t remember ever saying you were my favorite dongsaeng.” Jessica teased the girl.

 

“I’m offended.” Yoona says pretending to be upset by Jessica’s response. “And SooJung doesn’t count; she has to be your favorite by default. She is your sister after all. I’m talking about your favorite dongsaeng that’s not relat.”

 

“In that case, Joohyunie is my favorite dongsaeng.” Jessica teased the younger girl even further.

 

“Now I’m hurt.” Yoona pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“Well if you let me finish you’d know that you are my favorite dongsaeng right up there with SooJung because you are not only a good friend, but also a younger sister to me. Don't get me wrong though, Joohyunie, Sooyoung, and the others are also like family to me. Do you get what I’m trying to say?”

 

Yoona’s pout vanished and was replaced with a huge smile.

 

“So what do you need?” Jessica asks once again before bringing her Matcha Latte to for a sip.

 

“Apart from wanting to see my favorite unnie...”

 

“Get to the point Yoong.”

 

“Well...you know about tomorrow’s freshman orientation. I was wondering since you’re the coordinator...could you put me in the same group as Joohyun? Please Unnie?"

 

"Ok, but you better remember to work while you're gawking over Joohyun."

"Thank you Unnie!" Yoona stood up from her seat and went over to give Jessica a bear hug, not caring if she was crushing the girl. She was too happy to care.

 

Jessica didn't mind either. The girl was helplessly crushing over Seohyun for the longest time, and Jessica found it very cute.

 

Yoona was like a younger sister to her. She resembles Krystal a lot in appearance. They had always been close to one another as Unnie and dongsaeng, but became even closer when they reunited a year ago after running into each other on campus in the middle of the fall semester.

 

Prior to their fated encounter, Jessica cut off all her ties to the Hwang family without any form of explanation.

 

When the two ran into one another by chance, there was a lot of pent up anger on Yoona's part. She was upset with Jessica's sudden "disappearance." But after learning Jessica's reason for cutting off her connection with the Hwangs, Yoona became understanding of the girl's decision. She understood why Jessica chose to "disappear." Though she didn't agree with the decision, she wanted to respect Jessica's decision.

 

Yoona was actually grateful that she ran into Jessica again. At the time, she had been very lost. She needed someone to talk to, someone who would listen to her and wouldn't judge her, someone who would be there for her. That someone was Jessica.

 

1 year ago…

 

It was lunch hour, which also meant it was rush hour. It was the time of day where many students headed towards the campus cafeteria.

 

Yoona had just gotten out of her political science class. She had a two hour gap in between before her next class. She was in a rush to avoid catching the long lines at the cafeteria. She was so focused on getting to the cafeteria that she didn't watch where she was going and accidentally ran into someone causing the both of them to fall backwards.

 

"Yah! Watch where you're going," an Icy voice was heard. Yoona recognized that all too familiar voice and looked up. She was surprised to see a face she hadn't seen in over 5 years now. The latter however didn't notice Yoona and was too busy collecting the papers that she had dropped after the collision.


 

"Unnie?" Yoona called out to the girl who was busy picking up her papers. "Sica Unnie is that you?" The girl stopped what she was doing and looked up to meet Yoona's gaze.

 

"Yoona--" Jessica was shocked as well. She never expected to see the girl. She was about to say something, but someone called for her.

 

"Princess." A girl approached the two and helped Jessica up after gathering the rest of Jessica's papers. "Aigoo, you're such a klutz you know that?" The girl playfully pinched Jessica's nose. Only to receive a pout from the latter.

Yoona stood there confused by the situation. ‘Who is this girl? And why did she call Sica Unnie Princess?’ Yoona thought.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when the nameless girl turned to Yoona. Yoona had to admit the girl was pretty. "I'm sorry, my girlfriend can be a klutz sometimes. Well maybe just a klutz in general." She laughed.

 

"Yah!" Jessica slapped the latter on the arm and the girl just chuckled in response.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter