Someday

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you're interested,I added short character descriptions in the foreword. Please check it out :)

“Nervous?” A voice was heard in the doorway; a male’s voice. Jessica who was sitting in front of the vanity looked up into the mirror to see a smile. Heechul Oppa stood there leaning against the doorframe all dressed up in his suit watching Jessica get ready by applying her make up. She was nearly finished; all she really needed to do was change into her dress and fix her hair. The event would start in 45 minutes and people would be trickling in 20 minutes from now.

 

“A little.” Jessica says with a weak smile.

 

“Is the Ice Princess nervous?” He chuckles. “But why? You’ve done an amazing job you know. This by far is the best Banquet I’ve been to and taken part in and it hasn’t even begun yet.”

 

It was Heechul Oppa’s senior year, meaning it was his last banquet as a student. He is president of the Business and Finance club this year and has been an active member since his 1st year at Yonsei. How he and Jessica became good friends was actually funny. He and Jessica tabled each other at a club fair during Jessica’s spring semester of her freshman year (Heechul’s sophomore year) after she became so involved with her the community service club. 

 

(A/n: ‘being tabled’ is simply the act of someone trying to get you to join their club by talking to you about what the club does and stands for.)

 

“Thanks, but I can’t take all the credit.” Jessica says as she put on the finishing touches for her make up.

 

“Yes, but you played a very big role in organizing the event.” He says as he walks towards her. “You’ve really grown up over the years.” He said like a proud father. They were that close.

 

“You sound like my father,” Jessica snorted.

 

“A proud father,” He said with a beaming smile. “I mean it though, I have a feeling everyone will be talking about this event for the rest of the semester. Which has its pros and cons.”

 

“Pros and Cons?” Jessica asks.

 

“Well of course. The Pros would be that our biggest event of the school year was a success and people will be handing out compliments left and right. The Con would be that it would put more pressure on us for our next event. Our second biggest event that is.”

 

“Right, we still have the Winter Ball to plan.” Jessica says. She completely forgot about that event.

 

“Correct you are.” He says. “But I’m not worried. I’m sure we’ll do great.” He smiled reassuringly.

 

 “What about you Oppa? Nervous?” Jessica asks.

 

“Nope.” He says. “I’m excited actually. I can’t believe we are emceeing together. It’s my last Fall Banquet and I get to emcee with my favorite dongsaeng.”

 

“Don’t remind me. That is mostly why I’m nervous. Ugh, why did Leetuk Oppa have a family emergency? Today of all days.” Leetuk Oppa was supposed to emcee with Heechul Oppa for the night, but was called to return home for a family emergency. No one else was willing to take his place so she was volunteered by the other presidents to take on the job. It was Heechul Oppa’s fault anyway since he was the one who was quick to volunteer her during their presidents meeting in the morning.

 

“Also, I thought I heard you telling Yoona she was your favorite dongsaeng last week.” Jessica says brows raised.

 

“Shhh, don’t tell her.” He joked. Both of them just laughed.

 

“As much as I love talking to you Oppa, I’m going to need to kick you out. I still have to change and get my hair ready.” Jessica says.

 

“Oh come on it’s not like I haven’t seen you in a your underwear before.” Heechul says.

 

“Seeing me in a bikini versus seeing me in my underwear is a completely different thing.” Jessica retorts.

 

“It’s practically the same thing.” Heechul reasons. “Same article of clothing just different names.”

 

“We’re not having a discussion about this. And Eww. You’re like my brother so you shouldn’t even be in here.”

 

“Exactly, I’m like your brother so it shouldn’t be a problem. I don’t see you in that way. Yuck!” He playfully gags. It was true. They didn’t see each other that way. Jessica was like the little sister Heechul never had, but always wanted. “Plus, I wanna keep talking to you. This is my last year at Yonsei so I wanna make lots of memories before I leave.”

 

“You talk as if we won’t see each other after you graduate. I still have a year at Yonsei and I’m sure you’ll still be in Seoul for work. We’ll see each other.”

 

“True, but still. Don’t you want to talk with Oppa?” Heechul pretends to be hurt by Jessica’s efforts to shoo him away.

 

“Goodbye Oppa,” Jessica says as she pushes him out the door. “I’ll see you in a bit.”

 

***

 

“Unnie will you hurry up?” Yoona whines from the doorway as she watches Tiffany fix her hair.

 

“What’s the rush Yoong? We still have time. The Banquet doesn’t start until 8 and it’s only 7.” Tiffany asks.

 

“Yes, but we still have to go meet with the others at Sica Unnie’s apartment.” Yoona says.

 

“We will leave when I finish,” Tiffany says.

 

“Why do girls always take forever?” Yoona whines.

 

“You talk as if you’re not a girl yourself.” Tiffany rolls her eyes at the impatient Yoona.

 

“Whatever, I’m waiting in the living room,” Before Yoona could leave Tiffany stops her.

 

“No need. I’m ready.” Tiffany says as she reaches for her purse and her heels for the evening.

 

“Finally~!” Yoona says.

 

“You’re so impatient.” Tiffany Rolls her eyes.

 

“Don’t you know? It’s my middle name~” Yoona says playfully.

 

“Come on, Yoona Impatient Hwang.” Tiffany retorts as she leads the way out of her room. It had a ring to it minus Yoona’s name at the front. However, that would mean it could be used for her as well since she is also a Hwang.

 

“And you say I’m impatient.” Yoona mutters, but it doesn’t go unnoticed because she get’s a pinch on the arm by the older girl. “And violent too. Sica Unnie was right.” Tiffany shoots Yoona a glare as they exit the apartment. “I’ll be waiting by the car, while you lock up.” Yoona quickly descends down the stairs and heads to the car before Tiffany could get her hands on her.

 

***

 

“Wow Unnie you look stunning,” Yoona compliments everyone not talk about an Unnie in particular since they all really did look stunning. 

 

 

“You don’t look too bad yourself.” Sunny says to Yoona.

 

 

“Ppani-ah, you look amazing,” Sunny says as she gets a good look at Tiffany. “Sica always had great taste in fashion.” They knew that two had gone out yesterday to pick out a dress for the event after Jessica came home.

 

 

“Thanks Sunny,” Tiffany says.

 

“We’re just missing Seobaby. She should be coming soon though,” Hyoyeon says aloud. She knew Yoona was eager to see the girl. Everyone in the room could tell; everyone except Tiffany that is. The girl still had no clue.

 

“Krystal isn’t riding with us?” Yoona asks.

 

“Nope, She’s going with her friends to the event. She said she’d meet us there though.” Sunny says.

 

knock knock

 

“That must be Hyunnie right now.” Sooyoung says as she glances at the door. “Yoong will you get that?” She gave the doe eyed girl a smile.

 

“Sure Unnie.” Yoona says as she walks towards the door.

 

“Bet you ₩12,000 she won’t even say a word the moment Seohyun tries to talk to her.” Sooyoung whispers.

 

“₩15,000 says she’ll stutter.” Hyoyeon whispers back.

 

“Really you two?” Sunny whispers as she shoots them a glare. The two shrug and move towards the hallway to watch Yoona answer the door. 

 

Yoona nervously approaches the door and the moment she opens the door the girl is speechless.

 

 

“Hi Unnie,” Seohyun greets Yoona with a smile.

 

“W-wow,” Yoona manages to say something. “Y-you look a-amazing.”

 

“Thanks!” Seohyun says blushing a little. “You cleaned up very nice tonight.”

 

What was that supposed to mean? Yoona was overthinking things again.

 

“Pay up,” Hyoyeon says with a grin. The two had just watched the shy exchange between the maknaes.

 

“Was that a blush?” Sooyoung says as she notices the blush on Seohyun’s face.

 

“Yah, don’t change the subject,” Hyoyeon says as she also takes notice. “But yeah I think I see it too.”

 

“I’m not. And Tomorrow. I’ll pay you tomorrow. I don’t have cash on me right now.” Sooyoung sighs as they walk back to the living room. Yet again, she lost a bet with Hyoyeon.

 

“Um can I come in?” Seohyun asks.

 

“Oh, yeah. Come in.” Yoona says and lets her in. “Unnies, Hyunnie is here~!” Yoona announces as she walks into the living room with Seohyun.

 

“Omo~Hyunnie You look amazing!” Sunny says as she goes over to hug the girl.

 

“I second that!” Sooyoung says.

 

“Me too.” Hyoyeon adds.

 

“You look amazing.” Tiffany says to Seohyun.

 

“Thanks,” Seohyun bows her head. “Where’s Sica Unnie? Did she not come back to get ready?” the youngest of them all looks around.

 

“J took her things with her, apparently the presidents rented 2 rooms—one for the girls and another for the boys—so that they could get ready at the hotel where the banquet is being held.” Sunny says. Seohyun just nods afterwards.

 

“Since we’re all here let’s take a picture.” Tiffany says as she pulls her phone out. Everyone gets behind Tiffany and poses. “Hana, dul, set~!”

 

Click click

 

“Alright, let’s go~!” Yoona says. “I have a feeling this banquet will be even more amazing than the previous one~!”

 

“Of course, our Sica organized it.” Sooyoung says.

 

“It sounds like it will be something to talk about for the rest of the year. I hear this time it’s at a hotel. In the years that we’ve attended, we’ve always had it somewhere on campus.” Hyoyeon says. “Guess all those meetings really did some good.”

 

“Come on, enough talking let’s go.” Sunny says. She is the first to head towards the door.

 

***

 

“There’s even a red carpet?!? There's even someone to take your picture.” Tiffany says as they walk towards the venue. There were already others arriving.

 

“Like I said, Sica is the best!” Hyoyeon says.

 

“When did you say that?” Sooyoung questions.

 

“Earlier in the car when you weren’t listening!” Hyoyeon says. “You were busy wondering about what food would be served to us for the night.”

 

While the two bicker, everyone else is watching others slowly approach the red carpet. There were new and returning faces at this year’s Fall Banquet.

 

 

“Look there’s Jong Oppa and his friends.” Yoona points.

 

 

“And Yonghwa Oppa~!” Seohyun point to the group that’s next to take pictures.

 

“Yeah...Yonghaw Oppa.” Yoona mutters with a bit of annoyance—it was low enough for only Yoona and Sunny to hear.

 

 

“There’s Eunji and her friends from the Music and Theater club.” Sooyoung says.

 

More and more people came.

 

 

“Hey there’s Krystal and the others.” Sunny says. 

 

 

“Wow is that Baby Jung?!?” Hyoyeon can’t help but stare at the younger Jung. “She definitely is a Jung. They’re both gorgeous. Brains and Beauty. They are truly blessed with superior genes.”

 

“You better watch what you say.  If Sica Unnie hears you…” Yoona’s voice trails off. They were currently next to take pictures.

 

“Which is why it’s a good thing Sica isn’t here.” Hyoyeon says after they finish taking pictures. They all move to the grand hall. 

 

 

“Wow~!” Everyone says in unison.

 

“They really have outdone themselves this year.” Sunny says. “How did they manage to keep the ticket prices the same as last year’s and still have it at a place like this?”

 

“One word. Sica.” Hyoyeon says proudly. “She is amazing!” She was definitely proud of her friend’s work.

 

“Right? Unnie did an amazing job.” Everyone turns when they hear Krystal’s voice.

“Unnies!” Krystal goes to hug every one of them. The younger Jung also doesn’t forget to complement every one of them.

 

“Wow Kryssi,” Tiffany says. She is the last person to hug Krystal. “You look…”

 

“y?” Krystal says provocatively, but ultimately falters with a laugh. “Ah, how embarrassing.” 

 

“I was going to say beautiful, but yes y.” Tiffany says with a laugh.

 

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” Krystal says.

 

“No wonder Unnie is head over heels for you.” Krystal mutters, but it was loud enough for Tiffany to hear.

 

So she knows? Krystal knows too. Tiffany thought.

 

“I still can’t believe it. Sica has made every other banquet look like compared to this one!” Hyoyeon says.

 

A laugh was heard. “Thanks, but I can’t take all of the credit.” Everyone turns to find the said girl in a stunning black dress with a black belt with gold buckle, a matching gold bangle on her left arm, and black heels.

 

 

“Hey guys,” Jessica greeted her friends with a smile.

 

Tiffany was the person nearest Jessica and the girl was completely speechless. She looked gorJess. She always knew her friend was beautiful, but never took notice of it until today. Tiffany wanted to say something. Anything. But words wouldn’t come out. Before she could actually get a word in, someone beat her to it.

 

“Wow, is everyone dressed to kill tonight?” Sunny asks playfully.

 

“Man Sica,” Hyoyeon says as she eyes Jessica up and down. “I’m sure by the end of the evening you’ll be going home with someone.” She gives her a playful wink. Some how that didn’t really sit well with Tiffany when she heard that. She frowns upon hearing the comment.

 

Something was weird about Tiffany’s behavior. The girl had been watching Tiffany from a distance this whole time and felt something was off about the girl.

 

“Thanks Hyo,” Jessica says with a laugh. “I’ll be sure to save you a dance later,” Jessica winks back at the girl. The two were always playful with each other. “Really though, everyone looks amazing.” Jessica says as she looks at everyone.

 

“Sunbaenim,” It was Minah. “We’re about to start.”

 

“Ok, tell Heechul Oppa I’ll be up there with him in a bit.” Jessica says. Minah nods and leaves.

 

“Unnie you’re emceeing tonight?” Krystal asks.

 

“Yeah, Leetuk Oppa had to rush home for a family emergency and I was volunteered by the other presidents to take over. ” Jessica says shocking everyone yet again. “Don’t worry though, I’ll be sitting with you guys. I’ll just be in and out of my seat. Speaking of seats. Let me show you all to your table.”

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter