Chapter 1

Struck By True Love

   I was never one of those girls who believed in true love, but I guess I started to believe in true love when I went to the mall alone one day. I guess I lost all reason to love  when I lost the one important and only family I had, my dad. My rock and my comforter was gone so soon and so quick. That day I regreted asking him to come visit my house when I wasn't feeling good.

*Flashback*

"Hey dad can you come over to my house today, I'm not feeling good and im also kind of bored. I think I may be running a cold or something." I asked my dad over the phone.

"Sure my princess, I don't want my little princess to be alone and sick now do we?, I'll try to be there in 20 minutes. Just wait, I'll bring you your favorite korean stew that I always made for you when you were always sick." He said. 

"Okay dad see you then, I love you!" I said excited.

"Love you too sweetie, see you soon." He said and hung up.

It has been thirty minutes and he still hasn't showed up yet, did he get caught in traffic?

 He doesn't live far from me. Maybe he went to the store to pick up something...

*1 hour and 10 minutes later...

"Where is my dad? He can't be this late, he is only 20 minutes away from me."  I thought.

Then I heard the phone ring. "Maybe that's him," I said and I went to go answer the phone.

"Hello is this Mr. Jinyoung's daughter?" a person said on the other line.

"Yes, why you ask?" That question was answered with the most painful response ever.

"Umm...I'm sorry to tell you this, but your dad is in the ICU because he was in a bad car accident. I am soo sorry to tell you this knowing that he is your only living family member, but when we brought him in he went into cardiac arrest and we tried to revive him, but it was to late, he didn't make it. I'm so sorry."

My whole body froze. I felt a sharp pain in my heart, I couldn't move or even breathe. My mind completely shut down and I couldn't even think.

All I could say was, "Oh my God, I have to go" I said in a whisper but loud enough for the person on the other line to hear. I hung up in a hurry and fell to the floor, I couldn't even react fast enough to keep myself from falling. I balled up and completely lost it. Tears flowed out of my eyes so much that I couldn't see. All I could say to myself after that was, "Daddy why did you have leave so soon...."

*End of Flashback*

A chill went down my spine and I felt a tear roll down my face and all I could think about was, "Why did I even call him that day? I could've taken care of myself. If I hadn't called him that day..." I stopped thinking and looked outside my window and saw the street and  my eyes slowly began to tear up as I began thinking to myself that, "This was all my fault and he would still be here if I hadn't made that stupid phone call."

 

*Hey guys, I feel like this first chapter for "Struck by True Love" was good but  I'm sorry for making you get in your feelings or anything, but I couldn't think of a better way to start off this new series. If you are new to my stories, feel free to go check out my other series and my scenarios! See you in my next update, Annyeong<3