004

Terminal Daydream

 

Obviously SiWon has heard of RyeoWook, has caught him on TV once or twice and heard his music playing in shops, but he’s never gotten a real good look at him. He’s never been all that interested in music or celebrities in general, so it just doesn’t really register for him.

 

But, still, he’s at least heard of him and is aware that they have mutual friends. So, maybe it’s weird that they’ve never met?

 

Except that the friends they have in common have never had a reason to introduce them prior to this, so actually it makes a lot of sense.

 

But even after he gets cast, through KyuHyun who got a call from SiWon’s manager who got a call from DongHae who was having lunch with EunHyuk who went to school with LeeTeuk who’s good friends with RyeoWook, etcetera, etcetera– Even after all that,

 

They don’t actually meet until they’re on set doing poster shots for the promo.

 

And when they finally come face to face– SiWon is stunned to say the least.

 

He’s not entirely comfortable saying it or even thinking it, but RyeoWook is just so honestly beautiful that SiWon can hardly conjure the denial.

 

Even without the wig and dress and makeup, the younger man is slim and delicate with eyes full of mischief and a vibrant grin–

 

He’s just beautiful, that’s the only word SiWon has for it.

 

And not only is he beautiful, but he’s also incredibly skillful, switching from one emotion to the next with every new angle and doing it with such ease and confidence that you might think he was born to be on camera (and maybe he was, he’d been doing it long enough.)

 

SiWon is enraptured and a little unsettled because he was not, in any way, prepared for this.

 

His manager had explained the project to him, had given him the pitch verbatim and barely sold him on it, and SiWon had assumed he knew what he was walking into.

 

He was wrong.

 

He’d expected near-comical exaggerations of female features on a masculine face, ridiculous stiletto heels and a padded chest and this was none of that.

 

RyeoWook’s already delicate features were highlighted by just a hint of blush and softly curled, auburn extensions brushing over his cheeks and a creamy white, a-line dress that didn’t add any curves, simply opened viewers to the possibility of them. In addition to that, were petal pink ballet flats and perfectly forged cloth flowers adding just a pop of colour wherever it was needed and doing a wonderful job of showing off the thinness of his neck, ankles and wrists.

 

Nothing was overdone or caricatured, instead there was everywhere just a subtle whiff, a hint of grace and seduction like a perfectly formed peach that begged to be tasted.

 

He was beautiful.

 

He was beautiful and SiWon was standing in the doorway gaping like a fish while his manager waved both hands in front of his face and tried to snap him back to reality.

 

In the end, it’s RyeoWook’s curious gaze that finally grounds him and he bows his head in greeting before letting himself be dragged to the changing station.

 

The coordinator hands him a plain white button-down and a pair of midnight blue slacks and it’s apparent and wholly justified that he is not the main character today.

 

As he dresses he takes the time to gather his wits about him and remind himself that he is a professional with a great desire to be taken seriously and that he’s been hired to do a job and that his employer might not be so keen on a talent who drools all over his co-star, regardless of the allure of said co-star.

 

By the time he’s stepping out of the curtains and taking a seat in the makeup chair he’s regained his senses enough to meditate a bit and get into character.

 

After a few finishing touches of perfectly slicked hair and dyed leather brogues, he’s ready to be a supermodel.