001

Terminal Daydream

The first thing RyeoWook does after completing his album is call his CEO.

 

The second thing he does is pass out.

 

KangIn, knowing RyeoWook as well as he does, calls ShinDong to start planning the promotions.

 

ShinDong, usually a master of such things, is both preoccupied and stumped and quietly tries to pass it off to HeeChul.

 

HeeChul, being very busy with talk shows and fashion shows and organising events and a million other things, doesn’t have quite enough inspiration or focus to be in any way truly helpful and can only suggest that they do: ‘something provocative to mark the end of Darling Ryeonggu’s two-year hiatus.’

 

Which is fine advice but effectively useless.

 

ShinDong then makes a smarter and much more insightful call to SungMin who agrees to direct any and all of RyeoWook’s music videos and promo trailers just like he always does and ShinDong happily leaves him to build up the foundations that they will all, at a much later date but not today because holy deadlines, develop into something wonderful and amazing and perfect–

 

But, seriously, holy deadlines and busy, so unbelievably ing busy. Gah!

 

SungMin, ever the trooper, is quick to hammer out a solid concept (provocation included) and forward it back to ShinDong who forwards it back to KangIn who forwards it over to LeeTeuk who agrees with enthusiasm and then KangIn calls ShinDong back to give him the all-clear and then ShinDong calls RyeoWook to let him know and then RyeoWook hesitates and then ShinDong calls KangIn again and then KangIn calls HeeChul and then HeeChul ambushes RyeoWook at home.

 

It’s a long and arduous process and not always worth it, but sometimes it is worth it and that’s worth every time that it hasn’t been worth it before and, actually, despite all the buzzing about, it really only took a week from RyeoWook’s initial call to KangIn to RyeoWook agreeing to everything.

 

And after that it only takes another two weeks to get everything planned out and set up and so, almost too quick to keep up with, RyeoWook is already in Teuk’s studio trying on wigs and dresses with HeeChul.

 

Even after a solid decade in the business, the whole process still makes his head spin.