Chocolate ice cream, phone numbers, and planned funerals

Let me ride your horse

[ual implications, language, PG-13. Enjoy!]


Chocolate ice cream, phone numbers, and planned funerals

•••

“Dae!!!!!” Wendy screamed, entering the house. Jongdae sighed, turning the volume on the TV down, well aware that his bliss moments had just been destroyed.

“Here,” he let his sister know of his whereabouts, and a moment later the ten year old was sitting on his tummy, pinning him to the couch.

“Guess what, guess what, guess what!” she exclaimed excited, and the boy rolled his eyes, “not again.”

“I don’t know, Wendy, have the scientists finally proved the moon is made of cheese?”

“Wha –, no! Of course not! Are you stupid?!” she asked, throwing him a judging look. Jongdae only chuckled, and put his hands beneath his head.

“So? What happened? Tell me?” he smiled at the younger, encouraging her.

“I CAN APPLY FOR THE BRONZE EQUESTRIAN BADGE!” she yelled, and Jongdae felt his eardrums break.

Just pretend you know what it means,” he thought to himself and put a massive smile on his face, “Yayyyy!!!!! That’s great! Finally!” he cheered, and Wendy giggled happily.

“Oppa, you’ve no idea what I mean, right?” she mumbled, covering her little lips with little hands.

“Is it that obvious?” he asked ashamed.

“Dae, your middle name should be obvious!” she laughed, and jumped down on the ground. Jongdae opened his lips as if wanting to say something, but she beat him to it, “but that’s okay, your little brain might be too little to understand it, anyway.”

“How dare you!” he exclaimed, upon hearing the offence, “and ugh, you stink of horses, you’d better go take a shower, before I catch you! My brain might be little, but my legs are still longer than yours!” he threatened, getting up from the couch.

“But your is too fat!” Wendy yelled, and quickly ran out of the room and upstairs.

“How the is she ten?!” Jongdae spoke out loud, bewildered by his sister’s language and behavior, “what happened to respect?!” he kept on mumbling.

“I guess it disappeared the moment you were born,” he heard his mother reply to him, as she stepped inside the room with hands full of shopping bags. He only rolled his eyes, and chose to ignore her.

“Whatever.”

“She learns from you and Irene, just saying,” the woman kept on talking, and Jongdae kept on rolling his eyes, “dude, stop, or you’ll have a squint,” he chided himself, and automatically stopped. At least he tried. “However, her comment about your being fat was actually very much true. You seem to have gained some pounds, son,” his mother said, and Jongdae was so surprised by her words that for a few seconds he only stood there, opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water.

“MOM!” he yelled, throwing his hands up, and rolling his eyes, “thank you very ing much! Wow! Just wow! I say rude and call bull.”

“What? I’m your mother, I’m the person who’ll always tell you the truth. If you wanna find yourself a match, Dae, you gotta take care of yourself. And I’d suggest you cut down that nightly chocolate snacks, for starters.”

Jongdae couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Cut down his nightly chocolate snacks?! Over his dead body! “Well, how about I cut down your bull that my body is unwillingly absorbing?” he said, grabbing his wallet, “I’m going out, and I’m gonna go stuff myself with every possible chocolate thing I’m gonna find in this goddam city. I hope my will grow so big it’ll cover the sun!” he shouted, and slammed the door behind him.

“Wow,” Irene said, walking into the kitchen, where her mother was calmly unpacking all the bags, “is he on his period or something?”

“Possibly,” the woman replied, and they started laughing.

•••

“Can you believe it?” Jongdae repeated for the nth times, stuffing his mouth with chocolate ice cream, “she said I gained weight?! Where, excuse me, have I gained weight?!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol only exchanged looks, shrugging at each other, as if trying to make the other speak first.

“I can see you two are trying to tell me something, so if it’s also about my fat , wait for me to finish eating, I don’t want you two to spoil this moment.”

Chanyeol only sighed, but then smiled widely, “but Dae, I don’t think your ‘personal stripper’ had any problems with the way you look,” he pried, and Jongdae chocked.

“What ‘personal stripper’?! Baek exclaimed, putting a hand over his heart, “why the hell don’t I know anything?!”

“Stop calling him that, you moron,”Jongdae mumbled, lowering himself in his seat.

“Who was that anyway?”

“Wendy’s horse riding instruct –, hey! Don’t change the subject!”

Baekhyun groaned, hiding his face in his hands, “for Pete’s sake, yes Jongdae, you might have gained some weight, dude, are you a freaking teenage girl to cry over 2 pounds?” he rolled his eyes at his friend, irritated, “just stop stuffing yourself with all these sweets, start running or something, and everything will be fine. Or I don’t know, get a life instead of burying yourself in the books all the time!” he pointed, “such a nerd,” he mumbled, and Jongdae unwillingly blushed a bit at the comment, what did not escaped his friend’s attention. Baekhyun smirked, and continued, more calmly, “so, grow a pair and stop whining. Now, back to more important issues, who is that guy?”

Jongdae looked down at his stomach, and pouted. Then, he looked at the bowl of only half eaten (2/3 at least) ice cream, and sighed, “told you to spare me this talk while I eat,” he murmured, sitting comfortably in the chair, but at the same time was glad his friends were honest with him. His stomach already hurt from the amount he ate. So he pushed the bowl to the other end of the table and looked at his excited friends sitting in front of him.

“Tell us, tell us, tell us!” Baekhyun cheered, jumping slightly in his chair.

“Why am I friends with you?”

“Because we are the only friends who will bet how short your next relationship will be,” Chanyeol pointed, and they all laughed.

“You’re the worst, guys,” Jongdae stated, but smiled, “well, his name is Minseok, and he has a  body of a freaking Greek god, I swear,” he said, and sighed deeply at the end, remembering the boy shirtless.

“Yo, Jongdae, focus!” Baekhyun snapped his fingers in front of the younger’s eyes, “details, I need more details! Have you guys already done the –“ he wiggled his eyebrows, and Jongdae looked at Chanyeol confused, who only facepalmed at them, “oh, Dae, you stupid, I mean the naughty naughty!”

Jongdae blushed profoundly, and the other two burst out laughing, “stop it!” he exclaimed, “ugh, Baek, you’re impossible! Of course not! I’ve met him twice! And talked to him once, because the first time I was attacked by a horse,” he greeted through his teeth, remembering that moment. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were now laughing even more, their friend’s fear of horses always bringing them enjoyment. “Plus,” he added, now more serious, and looked outside the window, “Irene has an eye on him as well,” he sighed, and looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol helplessly.

The two stopped laughing, and gave the other a sympathetic look. Jongdae only shrugged, already used to such things.

“Tell me everything,” Baekhyun said suddenly, and Jongdae looked at him confused. Again. ‘God, but he’s so confusing all the time.’ Baekhyun only rolled his eyes, to which the younger chuckled, and spoke again, “well, I wanna know how it happened that he got a nickname of a ‘personal stripper’, for instance.”

Chanyeol laughed laudly at that, quickly trying to hold the laugher in, as other customest started giving him weird looks, “I’m sorry,” he whispered from behind his hands, which were covering his mouth.

“It’s all on him,” Jongdae only said, pointing at Chanyeol, and the boy’s shoulders shook again, “he called me when I was talking to Minseok, and he started asking for notes. And suddenly he goes, “I’ll even get you your personal stripper!” and I had him on speaker!” Jongdae raised his voice a bit, sounding annoyed, “Minseok heard that, and then chimed-in, telling Chanyeol he was my personal stripper, bleh bleh bleh, end of story,” Jongdae finished, and when he looked to his left, he was met with a judging look of an old lady. He sighed, and looked back at his friends.

“Alright, I like him so far,” Baekhyun mumbled, “a boy knows how to joke, fine. And what happened next?”

“Exactly, Dae, what happened later?” Chanyeol repeated the question, “the moment he said that you just ended the call in a speed of light!”

“Oh, not much, he started apologizing for joking like that and thought I was afraid you’d tell my girlfriend, to which I replied that would be the least of my worries, and then we had to go home –“

“Uuuuu, getting spicy,” Baekhyun joked, wiggling his eyebrows again.

Jongdae rolled his eyes, again, because, ‘they’re all too stupid not to do that, I’m sorry eyes,” and waited until his friend would end his performance, “done?” he asked a few moments later, “I meant Wendy and I, you lummox. So, we had to go home and,” he looked out of the window, and started speaking in a really fast pace, “hesaidhe’dliketoseemeagaininmyblackskinnyjeansandslappedmyassandsaidhehadathingfornerds,” he finished, as if the last sentence was “mozzarella sticks,” and smiled at them.

“What?!” Baekhyun exclaimed, now totally into the story, “he did what?! Oh god, Jongdae, here, eat more, we gotta fatten that precious of yours to look like two buns, and we’ll need to find you even tighter jeans, oh god, what a man!”

Jongdae blushed slightly, and Chanyeol was only giggling silently in the corner.

“There is no ing way he’d ever go for Irene,” Baekhyun kept on mumbling, “dude, he’s all yours –“

“No,” Jongdae interrupted him, earning a questioning look, “I thought the same, until two days ago mom, Wendy and Irene came back home. Apparently mum picked both of them up on her way from work. When they were in the stables waiting for Wendy, Irene – well, let’s just say she’s a step ahead of me.”

“I won’t believe it unless he literally screwed her,” Baekhyun pointed, and they heard a loud sigh coming from the old lady. Baekhyun looked at her, earning an appalled look, but only smiled at her like and angel, and got back to Jongdae, “so?”

“She’s got his number.”

“Oh,” both, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, breathed, frowning.

“I am so done with her and her ways,” the oldest confessed, “she’s not getting this one,” he declared, slumming a hand on the table, “how the hell would he even get his number?! This dude cannot be straight, I will not ing believe it!”

“As she put it ‘common interests’,” Jongdae told them, drawing quote marks in the air.

“And what the are common interests of a teenage cheerleader, and a grown stable boy?!”

“Horses,” Chanyeol suddenly said, “isn’t Irene’s hobby horse riding?”

“Bingo, my friend,” Jongdae said.

“Well, then I see no problem here,” Baekhyun stated, “you just gotta start taking riding lessons with Minseok.”

Jongdae went pale, and looked between the older and the younger, “you’re kidding, right? This is never happening.”

“Jongdae, darling, of course it is. You’re gonna fight your fears, and GTM!”

“Do I wanna know what GTM stands for?”

“Get The Man. There’s also FTM, but we’ll leave that for later,” Baekhyun laughed, and Jongdae sighed defeated.

“I’m gonna die.”

•••

“Jongdae!” his mother called him from terrace, where she was planting new flowers.

“Yes?” he shouted back from his spot in the hammock.

“Can you pick Wendy up from the stables? I thought I’d finish, but there’s no chance.”

Jongdae rolled down from his spot, and shuffled his feet towards his mother, “when?”

“She finishes in twenty minutes, thank you darling,” she smiled softly at him, and ruffled his hair.

GTM,” he heard Baekhyun voice in his head, and stiffened.

“Mom,” he started slowly, turning to the woman from his spot in the entrance to the house, “I was thinking… about learning how to ride horses,” he mumbled, and the woman looked up at him, one eyebrow raised.

“What?”

“Well, you yourself said I put on weight, so that would be a sort of exercise. And I feel like it’s time to face my fears,” he lied, hoping he didn’t sound terrified.

But his mother only smiled widely at him, “as long as you feel comfortable with it. You can always find a different way of taking care of yourself, you know? Has anyone told you something? Was it Baekhyun again? Or Jongin?”

“What? No, none of them. It’s my decision,” he lied again.

“Well, I think it’s a very brave decision,” she cooed, “my baby is growing up!” she cried jokingly, and hugged him tightly.

“Mom, you’re being weird again,” he mumbled into her shoulder, having troubles breathing.

“Alright, I’m done now,” she giggled, and went back to gardening.

Jongdae chuckled to himself at his mother’s behavior, and went up to his room to grab his car keys. When in the room, he stood in front of the mirror and observed himself, and his outfit.

“Do I change?” he wondered. It was terribly hot outside, but maybe skinny jeans would be a better choice than these Hawaiian shorts? He sighed at how whipped he was, and moved to change his clothes. He ended up in black, ripped skinny jeans, white Vans, white V-neck, black fedora, and a pair of black sunglasses. He’ll change back when they return, “it’d better be ing worth it,” he murmured to himself, and grabbing the keys he left the room.

•••

Upon arriving to the stables, he left the car in a shadow, and preparing himself for a terrible smell of horses, he grabbed his iced caramel macchiato, exited the vehicle and quickly making his way through a huge barrack, he ended up on a quite big field full of sand, on which his sister was still riding. Jongdae looked around, until his eyes landed on a slim figure standing a bit to the left from the field. He smiled, enjoying the view. And then his phone rang, and loud Dumb Dumb filled the space around him.

“Hello?” he asked, not adverting his eyes from Minseok even for a moment. Not even when the other looked back at him, disturbed by the sudden sound of an incoming call. Jongdae only smirked at him, taking a sip of his supposed-to-be-coffee drink.

“Have you done it?” Baekhyun asked on the other side.

“Not yet, why?”

“We’re making bets, and I wanna win, obviously!”

“ you, talk to you later,” he replied, and before he ended the call he heard Baekhyun scream “You wish! See you, achos!”

“Jongdae!” Wendy called him, so he adverted his gaze from the art form that was Minseok, and unwillingly looked at his sister. A yelped escaped his lips again, and a curse followed, as upon looking at the girl, he realized she was standing with her horse just a few meters away from him. And a few meters were still too close for Jongdae’s liking.

He heard Minseok’s chuckled, and Wendy’s loud, obnoxious laugher.

“What do you want?” he snapped, taking a step back.

“Nothing, just wanted to scare you,” the girl shrugged, an angelic smile on her face, “I’ll be in the stables cleaning the horse, it’ll take a while.”

“It’d better take you five minutes, or I swear –“ he started, but Minseok interrupted him.

“Don’t worry, Wendy, take your time,” he smiled at her softly, slightly pushing her forward. The girl only stuck her tongue out at Jongdae, so he did the same, and only when Minseok chuckled again did he realized how stupid that was.

“Hi, there,” Minseok greeted, passing Jongdae and walking up to a wooden box with water in it. He knelt down and splashed some on his face. Jongdae had to close his eyes to stop his wild imagination. But it didn’t help, “you came back,” Minseok said again, and Jongdae almost missed it.

He quickly opened his eyes back, and took his sunglasses off, wanting to have a better look at the man in front of him. “Of course I did. Why wouldn’t I? Didn’t you know? I am a slave taxi driver.”

Minseok laughed at that, “I ain’t even a bit sorry for you, then,” he said, and Jongdae pouted. “How was the test?” he asked, taking his shirt off, and Jongdae could swear he saw Minseok smirk at him provokingly.

“Eemmm,” was what left his lips when he opened them. So he quickly collected himself, and decided to drool over the body in front of him later, when he’s back home in bed, “good, thank you,” he replied quickly.

“Who was Chanyeol’s?” Minseok added, chuckling, as if at some memory.

“Oh, well, you know, he is lucky he has me in his life,” Jongdae replied airly, shrugging.

“Oh, I bet,” the other mumbled, and turned around to the water container again, splashing some on his arms and back.

, are you testing me again, God?’ he silently asked, while looking up at the cloudless sky. His phone vibrated in his pocket, and he spat when he read the message.

 

From: BBCream

GTM ~~~~

 

He looked up at the sky again, his eyes wide, ‘alright, I get it, you want to me court this fine piece of , but stop being creepy.’

“Minseok,” he started, and the boy looked up at him, drops of water streaming down his eyebrow arch, cheeks, lips. ‘’ he cleared his throat, and tried again, “I actually wanted to ask you something.”

“Oh?” Minseok raised his eyebrow, and stood up, “what is it?”

Jongdae took a deep breath in, and closing his eyes he quickly mumbled, “could you teach me how to ride a horse?”

There was a moment of silence, in which Minseok only stood, with a smug smile on his lips, observing the other’s face and studying his features. He looked his up and down a few times, his lips, and then came back to his face, to study it again. Sharp jawline, high cheekbones, cat-like lips. ‘Yes,’ he thought to himself, slightly nodding his head, ‘oh, yes.

“I thought you were afraid of horses?” he replied with, instead.

Jongdae sighed, and opened his eyes defeated, “I am,” he mumbled, almost inaudibly, “but everyone says I am getting fat,” he pouted again, looking at the ground, “and I kinda think it’s time I overcame this stupid fear,” he explained.

“Okay, I get it,” Minseok smiled, “sure, I’ll teach you. Just say when.”

“Really?!” Jongdae exclaimed surprised, not even by the fact Minseok said yes, but that it was so easy to get him to say it.

“Really,” he replied, chuckling softly, “you can just come with Wendy next time, and I’ll take care of you while she’ll be cleaning the horse after her ride,” he suggested, picking his t-shirt up.

“Next time?” Jongdae repeated, “but… isn’t it tomorrow?” he asked, and his voice went a few octaves up.

Minseok smiled at him, “exactly. Any problem with that?” he threw and passed Jongdae with a smirk, “see you!”

Jongdae stood frozen in the spot, the only thought on his mind being ‘I’ll die tomorrow’.

“I almost forgot,” he heard Minseok’s quiet voice right next to his ear, close, very close, and felt his hot breath on his exposed neck, “just in case,” he mumbled, nibbling slightly at Jongdae’s earlobe, a touch as soft as a feather, and before Jongdae completely lost the warmth of the other’s body against his, he felt a hand being slipped into his back pocket, and squeeze his cheek.

A massive blush colored his cheeks, and a gasp escaped his lips, but when he turned around, Minseok was already walking away, not sparing him another look. Jongdae frowned, still observing the disappearing figure, ‘what are you about, Minseok?’ he thought, and his hand automatically moved to touch his . And then, he frowned deeper, as he felt something beneath the fabric of the jeans. What he fished out from his back pocket was a small paper, with a few neatly written numbers on it.

Jongdae smirked to himself, and taking out his phone, after covering some numbers, he snapped a picture.

 

To : BBCream

Mission accomplished!

P.S. You are welcome to come to my funeral, tomorrow around five. щ(Дщ)

 

He didn’t even manage to lock his phone, before he got a reply.

 

From : BBCream

 

it, Irene! ~~ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้

P.S. It’ll be so worth it! Mission #2 – FTM! (=^^)/’`

 

And then came one more.

 

From : BBCream

Don’t it up, we’re going out to drink tomorrow!

 

Jongdae sighed at his friend, but then he remembered he was drinking on Chanyeol, and a mischievous grin appeared on his face.

“Oppa! Let’s go, I’m hungry!” he heard Wendy’s calling, and quickly shoving his phone to his pocket, he moved up towards the barrack.

•••

That evening, while in bed, Jongdae happened to be doing a tad more than just drooling to the memories of shirtless Minseok.



Here we are ! Another chapter ! I hope you liked it !

Best wishes, badblood.