Black jeans, phone calls, and nerds

Let me ride your horse

[Possible ual implications, and all, but the chapter in general is PG-13]


Black jeans, phone calls, and nerds

•••

It was a beautiful, spring day. Jongdae was lying in a hammock in the backyard, enjoying the rays of sun shining on his face through the leaves. He was humming a tune of one of his favorite songs, held a cold glass of orange juice in his hand, and was slowly falling asleep. It was Saturday, Jongdae had a few exams coming up the following weeks, piles of homework waiting for him on his desk, and there was a date with projects waiting for him some time that weekend. So he did what he always chose to do – nothing. In the warm breeze of the day embracing him, Jongdae felt like none of his worries was actually worth it. He smiled to himself, taking a sip from the cup. It was a perfect day.

“Jongdae!” he heard his mother’s voice cut through his ideal surrounding, and a grimace appeared on his face.

Responsibilities,” he thought to himself, rolling off of the hammock. “Coming!” he shouted back, stumbling slowly towards his house. He hated responsibilities on Saturdays, Sundays, and on most days of the week.

“Take Wendy to the stables, and go do shopping. I lack a few things for dinner,” she ordered, throwing him car keys.

“Sir, yes sir!” Jongdae saluted, and his mother rolled her eyes, “your taxi driver is always at your service!”

“Stop acting silly, Jongdae. Wendy is already waiting for you, hurry up, her lesson starts in half an hour. Oh, and remember to pick up Irene when you’re done with shopping, and then bring Wendy back home.”

“Anything else, sir?”

His mother chuckled, “no, you are dismissed.”

Jongdae placed a soft kiss on her cheek, and ran to the front of the house, where his little sister was waiting, “ready to go?” he asked, picking her up and spinning around.

“Oppa, stop being a child, I’ll be late!” she scolded him, and Jongdae made a face.

“Of course, missy, your carriage is awaiting you.”

The girl quickly locked herself inside the car, impatiently waiting for her older brother.

Jongdae rolled his eyes, feeling nothing but used, “I should be getting paid for this,” he mumbled to himself, dragging his feet to the vehicle.

They drove for twenty minutes, singing along all the songs on the radio, with windows down. The weather outside filled Jongdae with so much happiness, he didn’t know how to handle it. He took out his phone and was about to call, when Wendy snapped it out of his hand. He looked at her offended, as the phone hit the backseat.

“Focus on the road, you moron!” she yelled, and Jongdae made a face.

“Watch out, or you’ll end up walking there,” he replied, turning the music up.

“I’ll tell mum!” she yelled again, crossing her hands and smirking.

“I’ll tell mum!” he mocked, “how old are you?! Ten?!”

“You , yes, I am ten,” the girl sighed, facepalming at her brother, and the boy’s eyes widened.

But he didn’t get to say much, as they arrived at the stables. It was a massive, wooden complex of a few barracks, and endless amounts of land behind it. Jongdae wrinkled his nose, as an unpleasant smell of horses hit his nostrils.

“Ugh, get out now, before the smell sinks into my clothes!” he said disgusted, pointing at his sister to leave now. She only rolled her eyes at him, and shut the door behind her, “I’ll be in an hour, you’d better be ready!” he yelled after her, and was sure she decided not to care. Again.

As he was told, Jongdae drove to the store, and after getting a list from his mother, he started getting through the shelves, “a few things,” he mumbled, looking at his phone, “few things my .” With half of his cart filled, he decided to take a break. There was a booth with ice-cream, and he chose to use it. He still had half an hour left, so a break was just right. After staffing his mouth with lemon flavor ice cream scoop, with a massive smile on his face, Jongdae got back to shopping. In the end, apart from buying those ‘a few things’ for his mother, he made sure to buy some junk food for himself as well. When he was nearing the register, a loud “Dumb Dumb” filled the space around him. He fished his phone out of his pocket, and groan upon looking at the caller’s ID.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“Where the hell are you?! Mum said you’d pick me up at 3!” his teenage sister, Irene, shouted. Jongdae rolled his eyes, and looked at the time.

Crap,” he thought. He was already late for Wendy. “Be there in three!” he squeaked, and then frowned, “but wait. Where is there, actually?”

“Shopping centre!” Wendy hissed, and Jongdae ended the call, not wanting to deal with his sister’s mood-swings.

He ran to the register, paid for all the items, and fifteen minutes later was waiting on the other side of the parking lot. Irene opened the passenger’s door forcefully, jumping inside with a huge frown.

“Yo, you ugly enough, stop frowning, I don’t wanna be seen with a granny,” he poked her cheek, loving to annoy her.

“Ugh, shut up you tard!” she groaned, looking into her phone. Jongdae smirked, and played Red Velvet at the loudest, almost giving his sister a heart attack.

“You ing !” she yelled, reaching to turn the volume down, but Jongdae slapped her hands.

“Driver picks the music, you know the rules!” he yelled back, barely making it over the loud music.

“You’re so ing retarded,” Irene mumbled, covering her ears with her hands.

 

Seven minutes and eighty miles per hour, that’s how long it took Jongdae and Irene to get to the stables. Jongdae turned down the volume, and they both jumped out of the car, running inside one of the barracks, to which Wendy had headed before, looking for her.

“Mum is so gonna kill you,” Irene said, looking around.

“She won’t if no one tells her,” Jongdae pointed.

“As if I let such an opportunity pass,” the girl smirked, and he sighed.

Five minutes later, they found their youngest sister still outside, leading her horse up the sandy road.

“See, she isn’t even ready yet!” Jongdae smiled, relieved.

“That doesn’t change anything. You’re screwed.”

“Tell her about this, and she’ll hear about your last weekend and the firework show on the backseat of her car,” he replied, quietly, and Irene paled.

“You wouldn’t –“

“Oh, but of course, I would!” this time he was the one to smirk, crossing arms on his chest.

“Oppa! Unnie!” they heard Wendy’s voice, and looked in her direction.

And then they saw him. Just above Wendy’s head, a bit down the road, next to the tree, stood a boy. But not just a boy. A boy. He was wearing blue jeans, and was holding a white top in his hand, which made Jongdae and Wendy gasp, because the boy was shirtless, and ‘holy , God loves me,’ Jongdae thought, as his jaw hanged low. The boy on the other end had milky complexion, well build arms, and ‘holy , is that an 8 pack?!’ Jongdae gasped again, and his eyes almost fell out of his head. The stranger knelt in front of a long water holder, and taking some in his hands, splashed it onto himself. Jongdae’s mouth went dry. The thirst was real. He watched as the drops streamed down the other’s dark hair, face, and muscular body, onto his clothed thighs.

“MINE!” Jongdae and Irene suddenly exclaimed at the same time, and when they realized it, they looked at each other with fire in their eyes. Wendy was standing confused in front of them, frowning at their older sibling, and the boy glanced at them from afar.

Irene cracked up, “you wish. He doesn’t play for your team, big brother.”

Jongdae pouted, “of course he plays for my team!”

“When has anybody ever, tho?” the girl pointed, raising an eyebrow, “all your potential crushes ended up as my boyfriends. Your gay radar just doesn’t work, Dae.”

“Yah!” Jongdae yelled, but then shat up, as the gorgeous man neared them and patted Wendy on the head, smiling so brightly, Jongdae thought he’d go blind. ‘Holy .’

“Hey, little one. Going home already?” he asked, and then patted the horse.

“Yes, oppa. Thank you for teaching me that new figure, today!” she replied politely, smiling at the man.

“Your brother?” he asked, glancing at Jongdae, who was just standing there, with his lips slightly parted and hungry eyes.

“Unfortunately,” Wendy sighed, and Irene burst out laughing.

“Oh, you must be Irene?” he turned to look at the teenager, who only blushed and went quiet. Now it was Jongdae’s turn to crack up.

“We should go, Wendy,” he said, deciding to use the opportunity, “mum’s waiting.”

“But I –“

“That’s fine, I’ll take him,” the stranger smiled, taking the rein from the girl’s small hand, “go home, and I’ll see you next week, right?”

“Thank you, oppa! Let’s go Irene, I’m hungry!” she cheered, grabbing the older’s hand, and despite Irene’s resistance, dragging her to the car.

Jongdae ran a hand through his hair, thinking of what he could do to approach the boy within the next few seconds, but when he turned his head, a quite unmanly squeak left his lips, followed by someone’s laugh. ‘Cute laugh,’ Jongdae thought in spite of having a mini heart attack. Just a few inches from his head was his sister’s horse’s head. He took a few deep breaths, and a grimace appeared on his face, “get away, ugly, you stink,” he mumbled, pushing the horse’s head away slightly.

Jongdae hated horses. And of course not because he was terribly afraid of them. Of course not. They were just ugly. Yes, that’s exactly why Jongdae hated them.

He took the car key from his pocket, wondering how exactly his sisters wanted to get inside since the vehicle was locked, and keys in his hand, but he just shrugged at the thought, and before leaving the barrack, Jongdae made a very manly decision. He will not be a coward.

So he turned around, put a smirk on his cat-like lips, and looking at the shirtless ‘ god for sure,’ he winked at him, and left the building right away, slowly swaying his hips, thanking all fashion gods that he had decided to put on that tight black jeans in the morning.

 

“What’s him name?” he asked the moment the car door closed behind him.

“Whose?”

“Your teacher,” he clarified.

“Em, Minseok?” Wendy replied, raising his eyebrow, “why?”

“Oh, nothing. Just curious,” he shrugged, pretending to sound uninterested.

“Your brother’s just delusional, Wendy, that’s it. I think he spent too much time on the sun. His brain boiled,” Irene started teasing, but Jongdae just smirked.

“We’ll see who’s the delusional here.”

“You’re at it again?” Irene sighed, “Jongdae, just let go already, before you start planning the wedding,” she laughed.

“You’re not getting this one, Irene, I can guarantee.”

“Omg, you’re being weird again,” Wendy mumbled, rolling her eyes. The older two only chuckled.

 

In the evening, Jongdae was lying in the same spot as in the morning, on his hammock between the trees, loud music and laughs from his parents barbeque party were surrounding him, but he didn’t feel like joining. There were more important things on his mind. Like Minseok. He smiled to himself. There was one thing that put him forward in this race with Irene.

Driving license.

 

A few days passed, and Jongdae was once again asked to take Wendy to the stables. However, he had only a day left before his exam, because of course why would he ever open his books earlier? So Jongdae swears under his breath, runs to the kitchen, where he pulls two cans of iced coffee from the fridge, because one, Los Angeles was freaking hot at that time of the year, second, that night was not the one to waste on sleep. Also, his mother asked him to stay with Wendy, as someone had to look after her, because he didn’t have any lesson that day. His bratty little sister just wanted to ride! On the same freaking day Jongdae just couldn’t waste any minute! Jongdae wasn’t very happy about that, but there was no room for discussion. So he grabbed his book, car keys, and ran towards his mini cooper.

“Wendy! Hurry up!” he yelled, checking himself in the rear mirror. He sighed, deciding he looked decent. Obviously tired, but decent.

After a few minutes, his sister joined him in the car, and blasting his favorite song at the highest volume, they speeded to the stables. Jongdae was actually 150% sure that God loved him, because he was speeding like he was in some Fast and Furious movie, and there were no cops to stop him. Again. Upon arriving, Wendy ran out of the car with a speed of light, and he sat there for a moment, preparing his sensitive nose for the smell that was to come. And then, he suddenly remembered.

Minseok.

A whine left his lips, as he rested his head against the headrest and looked at the book and notes scattered on the seat next to him. He groaned, grabbing it all and exiting the vehicle. Minseok will have to wait, first his exam.

Sitting on a bench at the edge of a large sandy square, on which his sister would be riding in a bit, he put his black sunglasses, opened the first can of coffee and started reading.

“Hey,” he heard a voice above him some time later. The sun was high on the sky, shining directly at him, and even the glasses didn’t help. “Have you mistaken this place for a library?” a stranger asked, and Jongdae groaned, annoyed that he couldn’t see who that was. He took the glasses off, and moved a bit further into the shadows.

“Oh,” a sound left his lips, as he recognized the figure. But this time, it was a fully clothed figure. He looked Minseok up and down, and smirked, “even if I did, I defo wouldn’t regret it.”

Minseok squinted his eyes, but then his features relaxed.

“You’re Wendy’s brother, aren’t you?” he asked.

“I am, indeed,” Jongdae replied, extending his arm, “Jongdae.”

Minseok smiled, and taking the other’s hand introduced himself as well.

“I didn’t know Wendy had a lesson today,” the newcomer stated, taking a seat next to the boy.

“She doesn’t,” Jongdae mumbled, “she’s just a brat who doesn’t care that others, and by others I mean myself, have their lives and matters to take care of as well. But know, I am stuck here with her,” he sighed, letting the frustration off his chest.

Minseok chuckled, leaning against the back, “you certainly do not look bored.”

Jongdae’s eyes dropped to the book on his laps, and a dramatic sigh left his chest, “what can I say, I have a world to conquer, I cannot slack,” he shrugged, and it cause an outburst in Minseok.

“You seem to have big plans in that little head of yours.”

“Yah! My head is not small!” he whined, and then his phone started ringing. He rolled his eyes upon seeing the caller’s ID and out of habit put the call on speaker, “what?”

“Great to hear you too, Dae,” a deep voice came out, “hope you’re having a great day!”

“Chanyeol, straight to the business, I’m quite busy,” he said, glancing at the boy seated next to him, who was currently getting through his notes.

“You no say!” Chanyeol exclaimed, “Jongdae, save my again, send me notes on the Project Manhattan!” he begged, and Jongdae rolled his eyes.

“Dude! I told you I wouldn’t help you again! You’ve been using my notes the whole year! Take them from Jongin, or something!”

The men on the other end of the line burst out laughing, “dude, you’re the nerd of the ground. We all know Jongin was too busy getting laid during the lectures to make notes.”

“And yet, he’s not the one calling and begging for help,” Jongdae pointed, massaging his temples with one hand, “I will send you the notes, but you owe me big times.”

“Thank you, Jongdae! I love you, man! You drink on me next time!” Chanyeol exclaimed happily.

“Then you’d better get your lazy to work, because I’m gonna get faced drunk,” he murmured, looking around for the notes on the subject at hand, “anything else?”

“Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Article 9, and maybe 17th and 38th parallels?” the other whispered, shyly.

“The , Chanyeol?! You basically want the whole material for tomorrow’s exam!”

“JONGDAE PLEASE!!!!!!!” he exclaimed, and an ugly whined reached Jongdae’s ears.

“Dude, I’m drinking on you for the next month!”

“If I have to, I’ll even get you your very personal stripper,” as they words left his lips, Jongdae went beetroot red, and Minseok chuckled, “oh,” Chanyeol gasped, “is there someone next to you?” he asked.

“Yes, you , there is –“

“Hello, Chanyeol!” Minseok laughed into the phone, leaning closer to Jongdae, their arms brushing. Jongdae felt an electric shock run up his skin, but he couldn’t settle whether that was the other’s touch, or the amount of caffeine in his veins.

“Hello, there, who are you?” Chanyeol asked, and there was curiosity lingering in his voice.

“I’m Minseok,” the boy introduced himself, and the smirked. A shiver ran down Jongdae’s spine at the sight, “I’m Jongdae’s very personal stripper –“ and after he said that, Jongdae, as red as blood, ended the call. Minseok looked up at him, and burst out laughing, “oh, you’re a funny thing, Jongdae.”

“Why did you say that?!” the boy asked, slightly panicked.

“Why not?” the other shrugged.

“Because I’ll have to meet with him later, and he’ll probably tell everyone about it, and oh my God, they’ll never stop mentioning it,” Jongdae whined and whined, burying his face in his hands.

“Listen, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to,” Minseok put a hand on his shoulder, and JOngdae felt it again. The electric shock. “If you’re afraid they’ll tell your girlfriend –“

“What girlfriend?” Jongdae mumbled, still in his own state of devastation, “I don’t have a – oh!” he gasped, and chuckled, “a girlfriend is the least of my worries,” he whispered, checking Minseok out again, out there in the open in front of the other, and then bit his lower lip before smiling cutely.

“Jongdae!” they heard Wendy’s voice, and a massive shadow covered them a few moments later. The girl sitting on her horse just a few meters away from them, and Jongdae jumped slightly in place, when he realized how close the animal was. “Can we stay until evening?” she asked, and Jongdae made a disgusted face.

“As much as I would love to, I have to do back home, so I’d really appreciate you walking this thing off right now and getting into the car.”

“Rude. I’ll tell mum,” she threatened again, but led the horse in the direction of the stables.

“I’ll tell mum,” Jongdae mimicked her, pulling a face again, and started gathering his notes, “I swear she’ll never see this place if I fail tomorrow.”

“Well, then I’ll hope you won’t,” Minseok said, sitting more comfortably on the bench, throwing his arm on the back of the place Jongdae had sat just moments ago.

“I can’t believe you actually like my sister that much,” the boy whined, placing the books in his arms.

“Not your sister,” Minseok mumbled, pulling himself up, and leaning closer to Jongdae, bringing his lips to the other’s ear, “but it’d be a shame not to see you again in that black skinny jeans,” he whispered, and passing Jongdae he slapped him in the .

A yelp escaped Jongdae’s lips, and his eyes grew to the size of Swedish coins*. That was not what Jongdae expected would happen. Ever. But he smirked, nonetheless.

“Someone seems confident!” he yelled after him.

Minseok just shrugged, and looked back, smirking, “what can I say. I have a thing for nerds.”

Jongdae blushed at the words, his eye twitched, he felt like throttling Chanyeol for calling him a nerd, but also kissing him for that. ‘Am I becoming bipolar?’ a thought entered his mind and his lips suddenly formed a perfect ‘o’, as he started considering it. ‘Bi-polar or not I defo have problems with concertation,’ he thought then, and cursed at himself. ‘Whatever, I have a hella fine that has just put me way ahead of Irene,’ another thought chased the previous one. ‘ ‘He doesn’t play for your team’ she said, ‘your gay radar is broken’ she claimed. And who’s wrong now, huh?’’ a voice was cheering in his head. ‘Dude, I really need to see a doctor.’ ‘But first, I need to learn that stupid thing. Ugh, a trip to Starbucks seems to be justified this time. Black jeans, I love you!’ ‘God, Jongdae, focus! Focus!’ ‘Maybe next time I should wear the ripped ones?’ ‘There will be no next time if you don’t go study!’ ‘Pfff, but it’s all so simple. Stupid Chanyeol, does he even know this exam is on the social and cultural aspect of modern Thailand? Should I tell him? He kinda help me. But it’s Chanyeol. Dude, no, we’re not telling him. But oh, holy crap! I know nothing about Thailand! What the have I been studying the whole day?!’ ‘You , the Thailand exam is in three days!’ ‘Uff, but what? What three days?! THERE’S A THAI RELATED EXAM IN THREE DAYS?!’

“Holy crap, I need sleep,” Jongdae mumbled to himself, as his thoughts became a rubbit hole, and his brain started streaming out of his ears. And then, suddenly, on his way back to the car, Jongdae started wondering what would it feel like to be a rabbit.



1) I know I at one-shots

2) * I've no idea how Swedish coins look like tbh, I've just seen them once at my friend's and they seemed pretty big... you get the point.

 

Hello everyone!

So this amazing "to be one-shot" story appears to be a two-shot (yeah sure, probably not, sorry), as I got to excited with this thing and really wanted to put it out.

I really hope you enjoyed it ! Please comment, upvote and subscribe if you liked it :)

With love, badblood ~~