Chapter 7

Simple Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter was a bit short but its dedicated to Team Changmin x Yesung <3

Yesung closed his room and carelessly dropped his bag to the carpeted floor. He walked towards his bed and dropped his body down. It was another tiring day of his life. Physically and mentally. Changmin’s and Kyuhyun’s words kept replaying inside his head. He still couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t believe that they did have feelings for him. He tried to push them away but at the end he gave them a chance. It was hard to be bad when both of them sounded very sincere and OH the puppy eyes they showed to Yesung. He didn’t have heart to say no. Yesung looked at the ceiling as he thought about the past events. The fighting, the punching, the confession. It felt like everything happened so fast, he meant…. Months ago he didn’t even have friend, he was the loner and then he got friends, he got two handsome guys in the school crushing over him. Crazy, wasn’t it?

“Yesungie.”

Yesung startled when he saw his mother at the door. He didn’t hear her coming. He was too busy thinking about his life.

“Mom, you surprised me.” Yesung rubbed his chest, trying to calm his fast heartbeat.

Yesung’s mother chuckled. “You were so deep in thought that you didn’t even hear me knocking and calling you. Do you have something in mind, my son?”

Yesung hesitated to say anything at first but when he saw his mother’s comforting smile, he decided just talk about what bothered him.

“Mom, if you got confession from two of your best friends, what would you do?”

“Did Kyuhyun and Changmin confess to you?” Yesung’s mother sat beside his son.

Yesung gasped. How did his mother know?

“How… how could you know?”

Yesung’s mother released a girlish giggle as she eyed his son. She ruffled his hair affectionately then pinched his cheek, earning a ‘mooooom’ from his son.

“It was a lucky guess actually. Now tell me.”

Yesung told him everything that happened in past days including about Kyuhyun. Minus the punching incident because his mother didn’t know that Yesung could be that violent. Some things better not to be said after all, especially for his own benefit.

“That was really complicated but you gave them a chance at the end. Are you really going to choose any of them?”

Yesung pouted. Why was everyone so curious about who he would choose. Did he have to choose? What if at the end he didn’t have any special feelings with both of them?

“I don’t know Mom. I am scared that at the end I won’t choose any of them. They are still my best friends and I don’t want to hurt their feelings. Also I am afraid it will ruin our friendship.”

“Don’t burden your self. Love is indeed complicated but as many people say, follow your heart. You gave them a chance because you feel that it’s not wrong to try different type of relationship with them, didn’t you? And you don’t need to be afraid with the friendship. They told you that they will keep the friendship, right? Have a faith with them, they are your best friends before they have special feelings for you.”

His mother’s words felt like a bucket of cold ice water in summer day. He felt at ease after hearing the words. He did have faith in them. Changmin and Kyuhyun might be immature and childish at some points but he believed that everything would be okay with them because well, he knew his best friends better than anyone else, right?

“Mom, thank you.” Yesung hugged his mother. “I thought you weren’t okay with this. You know… being gay.”

“Love didn’t see any gender, son. Love is just… love. Love is just human thing.” She smiled “Beside, Changmin and Kyuhyun are good men. They are also handsome. I love to have more handsome son.”

Yesung playfully nudged his mother with his shoulder. “Stop it.”

They both laughed.

“Come downstairs, dinner is ready.”  Yesung’s mother got up, walking towards the door.

“Okay. What’s for dinner? I am hungry.”

“Spaghetti Carbonara.”

Yesung had sworn that he could hear Changmin’s laughter all the way his house.

**

Few days passed since the last confession and funnily Changmin toned down his flirting with Yesung. When Yesung asked why, Changmin only said that he wanted to take it slow. He didn’t want to force Yesung to choose between him and Kyuhyun, everything had a process after all. Changmin was willing to take all the time they had in the world. Meanwhile Kyuhyun was still being a normal Kyuhyun. He treated Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter