Chapter 8

Simple Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung mindlessly opened his locker. He didn’t sleep well last night thinking about many things. His feeling, Changmin’s feeling, Kyuhyun’s feeling. It would be easier for him if two of them weren’t his best friends. He hated to see any of them hurt, but it would even hurt if he kept giving false hope to him. He sighed and took his book out of the locker.

“What’s with the gloomy face Yesungie?” Yesung dropped his book and turned around to see Jonghyun with a smile.

“You scared me.” Yesung picked up his book and closed his locker. ”Nothing, just not getting enough sleep.”

Jonghyun hummed and they walked side by side straight to their own class. They were talking about music as usual as they enteted the class. He was startled when he heard someone shouted his name.

“Yesung!! Morning!” Changmin waved his hand crazily at Yesung. Yesung cleared his throat and waved back.

“What’s with the happy aura around you? I feel like I can see flowers blooming around you, Chwang.”

Changmin glanced at Yesung and blushed, drawing a confused expression from Jonghyun. Yesung coughed to hide his blush too and decided to sit on his own seat, avoiding curious stare from Jonghyun. He didn’t want to look at the back because he was embarrassed to face Changmin. He almost cursed his luck when Kyuhyun and Minho entered the class. He wasn’t ready to see Kyuhyun too and now he didn’t know where to look at.

“Morning Yesungie.” Kyuhyun flicked Yesung’s forehead.

“Ouch, that hurt brat.” Yesung swatted Kyuhyun’s hand away while the taller only chuckled.

Minho and Kyuhyun went to their own seat and Yesung turned around to see that Changmin was chatting happily with Kyuhyun. He felt a lump formed in his throat, the guilty feeling washed all over his body. Would everything remain the same when he chose one of them? Or was it better if he didn’t choose at all? But that meant three of them would hurt and it was even more selfish than choosing one of them. Yesung really wanted to bang his head onto the table.

Love is complicated.

 

**

“Yesungie, can you go to Kyuhyunie’s house and give this to Omma?”

Yesung rubbed his eyes, still feeling sleepy since last night he was thinking about two guys who drove him crazy. It was weekend so he could sleep longer and it was already noon. He stared at his mother and the package on his table. Did she say something about Kyuhyun?

“Aigo, this kid. Don’t be lazy even if it’s weekend. Clean up and go to Kyuhyun’s house.” Yesung’s mother shook his head.

“Uhm.. okay mom.”

Yesung went to the bathroom and cleaned himself. He brushed his teeth as he stared on his reflection on the mirror. He still didn’t understand why Kyuhyun and Changmin fell for him. He was just ordinary Yesung. He was not that handsome (even if his mother kept saying so), he wasn’t that smart and he wasn’t popular. Heck, he was nobody in the school before he hung around KyuLine. He then remembered Changmin’s pick up line about ‘Nobody’s perfect’ and he felt like punching the mirror. It was lame yet he fell for it.

“Mom, I am going.” Yesung kissed his mother’s cheek and left his house.

Yesung walked slowly as he carried the package on his hands. His house and Kyuhyun wasn’t that far, usually it would take 5 minutes if he took the bus but he decided to walk instead. He wanted to enjoy the weather today. It wasn’t really sunny since bunch of clouds were covering the sky. It was calming and for a while, Yesung could forget about his complicated love. He arrived in front of the familiar house. It had been a while since he visited here. Last time was during failed dinner with the Cho since Kyuhyun was still an back then. He rung the bell.

“Who is it coming at random tim- Oh Yesung?”

The door opened and Yesung grinned when he saw Kyuhyun in his pajama and messy hair. Yesung bet that Kyuhyun played game all night long and just woke up. Kyuhyun really never changed, still the gamer addict.

“Hey sleepy boy. Can I come inside?”

Kyuhyun was too flustered and immediately backed away, giving Yesung a chance to step in.

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked after he managed to calm himself.

Yesung didn’t say anything and only looked around as if he wanted to see someone else instead of Kyuhyun. The taller didn’t like being ignored with his crush so he was about to protest but his mother came out from the kitchen.

“Oh Yesungie? I didn’t know that you are here!” Kyuhyun’s mother chirped.

“Hello Omma. I am here to deliver this package from Mom. She told me to give it to you.” Yesung raised the package and shook it slightly.

“Ah thank you. You are very kind. Stay for the lunch okay? It’s almost ready.”

Yesung was about to reject but Kyuhyun’s mother read his intention and insisted him to stay since it had been a long time since s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter