Chapter 4

Simple Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeah… we used to be close friends…”

Changmin nodded his head as he heard Kyuhyun’s answer. He suspected about it before so he wasn’t really surprised. He was just curious about what happened to them.

“Uh… I can hear the past tense. So you were close friends before? But how about now?”

Yesung looked everywhere but Changmin meanwhile Kyuhyun was fidgeting, clearly not comfortable with the topic. The situation honestly was just ridiculous. They drifted apart and mostly it was because Kyuhyun’s fault. Well, it was Kyuhyun’s fault anyway for pushing Yesung away from his life because he wasn’t good enough as friend. Yesung didn’t do anything.

 “Yesungie~”

The sweet voice outside the room distracted the boys and Yesung got up to open the door, to see his mother holding a tray with colas and cookies. Yesung took the tray from her and placed it on the table. His mother was clearly oblivious to awkward atmosphere in the room.

“Kids, enjoy the cookies. Study hard, okay!” She chirped and left them again.

Changmin sighed. Whatever happened, it wasn’t really his business. He would just let it go and maybe someday he can find the answer.

“Well, if it’s too personal, I will stop questioning it. And uh… let’s continue our homework?”

Yesung nodded and sat beside Changmin. Kyuhyun scowled at the sight since he didn’t like the fact that Yesung chose Changmin to help him. He grumpily scribbled on his notes and sometime glanced at the pair. He knew that he was being immature right now. He wanted Yesung to depend only him, not everyone else, especially Changmin.

“Oh the pizza guy is outside. Let me pick it up!” Changmin rushed outside, leaving Kyuhyun and Yesung alone after he got the text message.

Yesung was pretending to be busy with his homework, not wanting to have interaction with Kyuhyun. He was disappointed with himself for expecting too much from the taller. He was happy when Kyuhyun admitted their past friendship, so he didn’t forget that the relationship existed before he pushed Yesung away but the happiness didn’t last long since Kyuhyun decided to keep silent when Changmin asked. Was he too embarrassed to acknowledge Yesung as his close friend? Yesung felt like he never made any mistake, or he did? He didn’t know really. It wasn’t his fault that he was socially awkward with people. It wasn’t his fault that Kyuhyun’s new friends thought that he wasn’t cool. It was never his fault.

“Yesung.”  Yesung looked up. Kyuhyun was playing with his sweater’s cuff, a habit when he was feeling nervous. He faced the ground, not looking at Yesung.

“What?” Yesung waited for seconds but Kyuhyun didn’t say anything.

 “When are you going to apologize?”

Kyuhyun wanted to apologize but he didn’t know why he couldn’t do it. His ego was too big and he thought that it wasn’t his fault fully that they drifted apart. He did push Yesung away first but again, Yesung didn’t bother to fix their relationship. Yesung gave up on him and his friendship. He was letting Kyuhyun go easily. It made him angry.

“FOR WHAT?! Look, Kyuhyun. If you feel ashamed about our past friendship then we should just forget about it. You don’t have to explain to everyone and I will keep silent too. Okay?!”

Yesung gritted his teeth, trying to control his anger. What the hell was inside his mind, Yesung didn’t care anymore. And why didn’t Changmin come back yet? Did he pick the pizza at somewhere in Russia?!  He couldn’t hold his temper when he was with Kyuhyun alone so better he came back soon before he strangled the male infront of him.

“For-“

“THE PIZZA IS HERE!” Changmin barged in with 2 boxes of pizza, a grin plastered on his handsome face.

Yesung was relieved that Changmin finally here or else, he would go to jail for murdering Cho Kyuhyun. Damn Kyuhyun and his twisted logic!

 

**

In few weeks Yesung got closer with Kyuhyun’s circle of friend. KyuLine as they named their gang since Kyuhyun’s house was their basecamp. Yesung thought it was stupid but he kept that to himself. and Changmin were getting closer. Changmin, Jonghyun and Minho were fun to hang out with. Changmin was very clingy to Yesung, dragging him here and there wherever he goes. Jonghyun and Yesung shared same hobby, collecting CDs. Minho was very nice, always helping Yesung during P.E class when he with sports. For Kyuhyun, their relationship got slightly better, like they would talk without starting a world war III and being polite towards each other.  No blood shredded.

“Hey Yesung, Kyuhyun! Let’s do the homework at my place today. I have new game to show you too!” Changmin put his arm around Yesung’s shoulder.

It was lunch time and they were eating inside the class, Jonghyun and Minho were busy with club practice so they couldn’t eat lunch together. Yesung mumbled a ‘Yes’ as he munched on his bread. He was used with Changmin and his skinship now. KyuLine always called him with Skinship monster and apparently, Yesung was the new victim.

“What time?” Kyuhyun asked as he eyed Changmin’s arm around Yesung. He winced at the closeness. Changmin liked skinship but somehow it was too intimate when it came to Yesung.

“After school!”

“Oh!! I forgot to return the book to the library!” Yesung slapped his forehead. He took out a thick book from his bag. “Miss Jung will kill me for sure.”

Yesung rushed outside, leaving Changmin and Kyuhyun. Changmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter