Chapter 2

Simple Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung was taking out his books from the locker when he heard laughter from the left side. He glanced and saw Kyuhyun with his friends, Changmin and Minho were laughing about something as they pointed at Kyuhyun’s face. He then noticed the blue-ish almost black bruise on Kyuhyun’s right cheek. He grinned as he closed his locker and walked towards the class, passing by Kyuhyun and his friends.

“Hey loner, walking alone huh? Oh right, that’s why you are a loner.” Changmin laughed.

Yesung rolled his eyes because really, Changmin might be handsome and got a lot of admirers but he was sure the male was so lame as . What kind of joke was that, to think Kyuhyun chose to hang out with the dumb Changmin instead of him was kinda annoying.

“That was super lame, Changmin.” Yesung hissed and fastened his step, leaving Changmin and the gang dumbfounded.

Yesung believed that they were all shocked with his reaction. He never stood up for himself or talked back when Changmin made fun of him. As he thought before, he didn’t want to mess around with the famous kids in this school. But Kyuhyun’s selfishness last night was the last strike and he had enough. No one could bully him, even if he was a loner he didn’t want to be a loser. Loner and loser, now he knew that was different, word and the meaning.

The hallway was getting crowded but Changmin and the gang were still standing there, dumbfounded. They were still shocked with Yesung’s reaction. It had been like a year that they made fun of Yesung but not even once the male fight back.

“Wow, he could fight back after all.”Minho recovered from the shock first.

“I can’t believe that he said that Changmin is lame. Well, it was indeed lame, Chwang.” Jonghyun bursted laughing, earning a scoff from Changmin.

Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side as he touched his bruised cheek, ignoring Minho and Jonghyun who were now making fun of Changmin. Yesung’s outburst last night was also unexpected. He slept late, thinking about his old times with Yesung. He got popular in middle school and most of his new friends didn’t really like Yesung since the male was not ‘cool’ based on their opinion. Kyuhyun enjoyed his popularity and the new friends so he pushed Yesung away. Like in the movie, cool kids hung out with fellow cool kids. Unfortunately, Yesung wasn’t one of them so Kyuhyun had to make his priority. They never fought, they just drifted apart and none of them wanted to fix it. Kyuhyun got reminded of Yesung’s existence when Changmin made fun of him during first year of high school. Yesung treated him like a stranger so he decided to play along. What was in the past, would stay in the past. Including their friendship.

Yesung went to sit on his seat, waiting for the math teacher to come. He still didn’t believe himself that he talked back to Changmin and he was feeling so good after that. He just hoped that his life wouldn’t end up like Boys Over Flower  when the whole school bullied the main character after the girl declared a war with the famous kids. But life wasn’t like drama, even if it was he was sure he would make his own drama. Boys Over Thorn maybe, because he wasn’t a flower for sure. He chuckled about his ridiculous thought.

Few students were entering the class and finally he spotted Kyuhyun and the gang. He could feel that they were staring at him first then walked to their own seat. He ignored them, like usual. After a while, Mrs. Kim the Math teacher walked in and immediately the students straightened themselves. Mrs. Kim was one of the killer teacher and rumor said that she would give zero to the student who didn’t pay attention during her class. Even if the student begged for forgiveness, she wouldn’t budge.

“Good morning class. Today I want to do something different with the lesson.” She smiled as she felt the tensed atmosphere. She loved to see the fear plastered all over her studens’ faces. “It’s nothing bad, I just decided that starting from today, you guys will start learning as group during my class. Work as group because I will grade based on the group, not individual. So if one mess up then the whole group will be affected.”

Silence.

“Okay no objection, now I will start grouping you guys.”

Yesung groaned silently. He really hated group work or whatever work with his classmates. No one wanted to be his partner and he was secretly glad that Mrs. Kim was the one who decided the group or else he wouldn’t get partner until the teacher forced some students to work with him.

“Group Seven. Shim Changmin, Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Yesung.”

Yesung choked on his own saliva when he heard his partners for the Math group. Was this a karma for punching Kyuhyun and talking back to Changmin? God might hate him and decided to punish him. He wanted to flip all tables inside the class but he was not crazy enough. He was busy with his own thought and not realizing that someone shifted the chair beside him. He looked around and saw Changmin plopped down beside him and  Kyuhyun infront of his seat, facing him with blank face.

“What are you doing here?” Yesung frowned.

“Loner, I will be your group mate with Kyuhyun. The teacher told the students to sit according their group, duh.” Changmin raised an eyebrow at Yesung’s dramatic reaction.

“Stop calling me a loner, my name is Yesung.” Yesung glared.

Changmin raised both of his hands up. “Woah chill, okay Yesung. Geez, no need to glare at me.”

Kyuhyun watched the scene between Changmin and Yesung. He was a little bit amused. He just didn’t expect that Yesung would start fighting back and stand for himself. After a year of getting bullied by Changmin, he finally cracked. As always Yesung would hold back until he exploded, just like old times.

Mrs. Kim explained about how this group project took about 30% of mark for final result and the importance of teamwork. After that the lesson started and she left the student with bunch of homeworks.

“Remember, work as team.” Mrs. Kim reminded before she left the class.

Yesung cursed mentally because now he had to work together with Changmin and Kyuhyun. He was really weak in math and Kyuhyun used to teach him until they dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter