Chapter 5

Simple Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho and Jonghyun were staring at the pair in front of them with wide confused eyes. Was the apocalypse coming soon? Was this the end of the world? Right now Yesung was chatting happily with Kyuhyun. His hands moving around as he explained something excitedly meanwhile the taller was nodding his head, listening to Yesung intently.

“What happened to them?” Minho whispered to Changmin who strangely being grumpy since the morning.

“They made up.” Changmin lazily answered.

“Oh, good to know then. At least no one will get hurt anymore, in this case, well.. Kyuhyun’s face is safe now.” Jonghyun giggled.

Changmin shoved his fries inside his mouth furiously. He remembered this morning when Yesung greeted Kyuhyun with bright smile. He was annoyed and for selfish reason, he hoped that they didn’t make up. It was much better when Yesung and Kyuhyun ignored each other. Oh jealousy was really an ugly thing!

“Today I started working as librarian after school! So we may have to arrange our study group time.” Yesung finally, FINALLY talked to Changmin as he faced him with smile.

“Wow that’s good. I know that you love reading books.” Kyuhyun grinned and Changmin wanted to tell him to shut up because it was his time to shine talk with Yesung.

“We can arrange it, Yesungie.” Changmin smiled.

They all stood up, going back to the class. Jonghyun was talking about the new song release from a band to Yesung and Minho. Changmin held Kyuhyun’s wrist and dragged him to other direction. The others didn’t realize that both of them were missing.

“What’s up Chwang?”

“Kyuhyun, you are still keeping your promise, right?” Changmin asked.

“Huh?”

“You will help me to get closer with Yesung,right. So can you tell me more about him?”

Kyuhyun kind of forgot that Changmin had a thing for Yesung and his jaw hardened when he realized that he promised to help him before. He didn’t want to share about Yesung to others. He wanted to keep everything about Yesung to himself.

“Uh… I- Listen Changmin-“

“You like him too.” Changmin cut Kyuhyun’s words.

“What? No! He is my friend!” Kyuhyun avoided Changmin’s eyes.

“Kyuhyun, you like him. More than a friend. I knew it, because you are my friend too. Just admit it. I can’t blame you though, since he attracted people to like him.” Changmin laughed but his tone changed to serious after that. “If you do like him, let’s play fairly. Stop beating around the bush.”

Kyuhyun looked at Changmin as the male spurted non sense. Kyuhyun wasn’t in love with Yesung, well not in that way! He was just being… uh.. protective! Yes that word fitted the situation perfectly. He didn’t like Yesung, did he?

**

School had finished and all students were leaving the class, including KyuLine. Yesung bade them a goodbye since he would directly go to library. Minho and Jonghyun excused themselves for club practices. Kyuhyun was going back home with Changmin as usual but Changmin had different plan.

“I will wait for Yesung until he finishes his work. I am gonna buy brewed coffee outside for him.”

With that Changmin walked away from Kyuhyun, leaving him with strange feeling. Kyuhyun was left alone and he decided to not going back. Not right now. Not when Changmin wanted to meet Yesung. His foots moved directly to library, finding the person he wanted to see. Yesung.

“Oh Kyuhyun, I thought you would go home with Chwang?” Yesung was at the aisle between the shelves with bunch of books when Kyuhyun finally found him. Kyuhyun felt a pang when Yesung called Changmin with such affectionate nickname.

“Uh… nothing. I will help you.” Kyuhyun grabbed some books from Yesung’s hands. “Where do I place these?”

Yesung was confused with the way Kyuhyun acted. He blinked and pointed at the top shelf, motioning him to place the books. Kyuhyun did it without saying a word. He was very awkward around Yesung and when their eyes met he would look away immediately. Did something happen and he wasn’t aware about it? Yesung frowned.

“Kyuhyun, you can actually go home. I can do this alone. It’s my job after all.” Yesung said as he stared with confused face.

“Let me just help.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

“No, really I can manage. You can go home with Chwang.”

Kyuhyun spun around and faced Yesung after he placed the last book into the shelf. He scowled. He didn’t like to hear Yesung called Changmin with that nickname. It was too intimate. It made him angry for a reason. A reason that he wanted to deny no matter what.

“Stop calling Changmin with that nickname.”

“What… but Chwang…” Yesung stopped talking when suddenly Kyuhyun cupped his hands around his cheeks. He was too surprised to react when Kyuhyun’s face got closer and without a warning, he pecked on his lips.

“I told you to stop, didn’t I?” Kyuhyun drew back to give Yesung some space, a smirk grew on his face when he saw Yesung with wide eyes, too shocked to actually do anything. He released Yesung’s face then walked backwards. “I will see you later, Yesungie.”

Kyuhyun walked out of the library in lightning speed. He was walking so fast that he bumped on Suho, his classmate. He flinched like he got stung by bees and mumbled a sorry to him.

“No worries,eh..  Kyuhyun, why is your face so red?“ Suho furrowed his eyebro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter