Chapter 1

Simple Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Watch your step, loner!”

Yesung didn’t even bother to glance at the owner of that voice. The one who bumped on him was Changmin so it was his fault after all, not Yesung. He fastened his step, walking towards his class which he believed, empty now. Which was better for him.

He hates school. Well, he hates the people inside the school to be exact. His hell life started when he was a freshman, being a socially awkward teenager, Yesung didn’t have a courage to make new friend and the people he knew when he was in middle school had drifted away, finding Yesung wasn’t ‘cool’ enough to be friend with. He was a loner. People only talk to him when they need to, like group project, lesson, or anything that related with school. They didn’t bother to be his friend and Yesung thought that those people weren’t worth his time either.

One more year until I graduate. Hold on, Yesung.

He went inside the class and as expected it was empty since it was lunch time, all students were eating outside and the lesson would start in 30 minutes. He went to his seat and decided to eat his bread. He was used with this, eating alone.

“That was so lame and you know- Oh! The loner is being a loner again!”

Yesung cursed his luck on having peaceful life. He looked up to see Changmin and his friends entered the class. He also saw him and quickly looked away, biting his chocolate bread slowly. He chose to act like a stranger to him since it was better.

“But since we are all here, you are not a loner anymore.” Changmin went to his seat with his friends, which was at the back of the class.

Yesung ignored the words. Changmin and his friend always made fun of him and he was used to that. He was indeed a loner and no point of arguing with them. They were famous and got a lot of admirers, the opposite of Yesung’s existence. He was sane enough to not messing up with famous kids in the school. They didn’t physically bully him which was one of many reasons why Yesung didn’t want to stand up for himself and make a big deal of it. He was not that weak.

“Kyuhyun, are you coming to my house tonight? I have new game!”

Yesung tensed. It was like a dejavu, but this time it was Changmin’s voice not Yesung. He stopped eating his bread and gulped his canned coffee, trying to not listening to the conversation.

“Cool. I will be there at seven. Order pizza too Chwang, extra cheese.”

Yesung bit back a smile. He knew that Kyuhyun really likes pizza, with extra cheese. They both really liked the melted cheese on the pizza and used to fight over the last piece. Old times. His train of memories got interrupted when bunch of students entered the class. Yesung sighed.The present was different with the past.

Kyuhyun was Yesung’s childhood friend. Both of their parents were close friends and the kids were always together since they were born. Kyuhyun was cry-baby, scared of many things like bugs, animals, dark, height and Yesung would always be there to protect him. They grew up together and inseparable. They used to play and hang out together. Used. Until middle school. Kyuhyun grew much taller than Yesung and with that advantage he joined basketball team. Yesung noticed the change with Kyuhyun. Not only physically but also personality. He got new friends from basketball club and started to hang out with them often. He flirted with girls a lot ever since he won a poll about ‘The most handsome student’ from newspaper school (which Yesung found the poll sounds ridiculous but he agreed that Kyuhyun was indeed handsome). Kyuhyun wasn’t the awkward lanky teenager anymore. He was a heartthrob with gorgeous smirk and he gained a lot of admirers. But the most noticeable one, Kyuhyun was slowly drifting away from Yesung. He was forgetting him. Yesung thought it was just a phase, and believed that Kyuhyun would always come back to him sooner or later but he was wrong. Kyuhyun stopped hanging out with Yesung and always said that he was busy with club activity. They didn’t talk anymore and when the graduated from middle school, they acted like they never know each other.

They went to same high school and the gap between them became huge since Kyuhyun befriended with Changmin, who was one famous kid. Meanwhile Yesung was still Yesung, the socially awkward kid who didn’t know how to make friend. To make the situation even worse, Changmin decided to make fun of Yesung after no one wanted to be paired with him during P.E class. Loner. That was what they call him. Was it better than a loser? Yesung didn’t want to find out.

“Open the page 145 now.”

Yesung startled when he heard Mrs. Lee, the history teacher. He didn’t realize that the teacher was already inside the class. He glanced around and froze when he made eye contact with Kyuhyun. He quickly turned his gaze away from him.

What went wrong?

**

Yesung was about to walk upstairs when he heard his mother’s voice from the kitchen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter