Scent

WooGyu Drabble Collections

 

He hastened his step while buttoning his black shirt and tucked it into his black slacks. His lips mumbled incoherent things as he walked away. And his face brightened when he saw the opening of an alleyway not far away. "Nam Woohyun, you're lucky today!" he mentally cheered and start running. He turned into the alley and then stopped abruptly.

"!" Woohyun cursed internally and regretting it instantly. He groaned and put his hands on his face, frustrated. There, in front of him stood a group of people, reeked with alcohol and smoke, eyes bleary. Woohyun cursed his luck when the group noticed him standing there dumbly.

"Well, look at here..." one of the man sneered as he approached and stood in front of Woohyun. Woohyun grimaced slightly when the strong smell of alcohol wafted from the man, and he stepped back.

"What a nice young man, eh..." the other man sauntered. And before long, he was surrounded by the guy.

"..."

"Since you seems so rich, give us all of your money!" the first man who approached him demanded.

"Like hell I would!" grunted Woohyun annoyed. "! Now I'll be ing late!"

"Oh! Feisty!" the other jeered loudly and moving closer. Woohyun tensed as he looked around warilly. The man lifted his fist, throwing punch. He cursed and tried to evade the punch aimed at his face, but alas, a kick hitting his back and he staggered as he tried to normalize his knocked breath. The group laughed.

"Just give us your money then you won't be hurt!"

"In your ing dream!" he grunted as he righted his footing. He watched his opponents warily, hands poised ready to punch. Then all hell broke loose.

****

His breath was nothing but a heavy heave as his body numb with many hits and kick. His eyesight slightly blurred due to the wound on his right temple still trickling with blood. He was dead tired as he crouched, ignoring his surrounding including the gang who was inching closer. He closed his eyes as his head hung low. "Damn it, I can't lose here!"

"If only you give us your money," the man mocked as he kicked Woohyun on the back. "Let's end him."

Woohyun tensed slightly then he slumped forward, eyes still closed. His mind running a mile, thinking the way to escape. He can felt those men approached. He tried to lift his hand and failed. He was at his limit. He scrunched his closed eyes tightly and gritting his teeth, readying himself to take the blow. But as minutes passed, he felt nothing. A fragrance wafted into the air made Woohyun open his eyes and there on the corner of his working eyes he saw a pair of boots. His eyes trailed up those long legs clad in black leather pants into the same leather clad body and finally to those sharp chin, small yet sharp eyes, high nose and blond hair. He noted vaguely as the man sharp eyes gazed down at him. The man slowly crouched down in front of him and reached toward his bleeding wound. He flinched slightly when those longs fingers touched the gash that went diagonally on his eyebrow.

"Still hurt?" The man soft voice lulled Woohyun out from his trance. He nodded slightly and the man smilled. He reached into his back pockets and give Woohyun his handkerchief. Woohyun accepted it hesitantly. The man smilled then patted his head. He stood up, turned around and then stepped out of the alleyway, leaving Woohyun in daze.

After few minutes, Woohyun woke up from his trance, he looked at his hand then smiled softly. He then lifted his head and looked around at his surrounding and gasped loudly.

"Holly !" He shouted, shocked as he saw how those men laying unconscious on the pavement with blood smeared on their beaten face. He stood up hurriedly and quickly run out of the alley, ignoring his aching body. 


 

Two weeks later, his wound was healed. And now, he was seated on the bar stool while sipping his drink, his eyes gazed around lazily; black tanktop hugged his slender yet muscled body along with black leather pants that fitted snugly on his toned thighs. His mind replaying the scenes two weeks ago. It's still amazed him how a slender and fragile looking man though his stern face said otherwise, was so strong to knock down a group of enraged drunkard unscathed. That white flawless skin clashed beautifully with the blond bordering Orange hair that framed his prominent face. And the scent the man have is the most distinct that he remembered. It's so good and giving him a warm and save feelings when he inhaled it.

He was so focused on mulling over the man and his heavenly scent that he forgot his surrounding. A squize on his made Woohyun stiffened and looked sharply to his left, tracing the offending hand to it's owner. He grimaced and swatted the hands away, groaning internally. "Why this always happen to me!?"

He smiled politely at the ugly man who molested him earlier and inched away, didn't want to create a scene. But the man was probably too to realize that he was unwelcomed.

The man once again tried to fondle his and Woohyun swatted the hand away once again while glaring. Woohyun gritted his teeth when the man succeeded as he tried to stand up.

The same fragrance wafted up his nose before he can felt the hands that was now circled on his waist from the back. Woohyun knew this scent, that blond man, and sighed in relief. He leaned back onto the warm and strong chest, head tilted slightly to the left; giving the blond man access to nuzzled nis neck. The blond man hummed softly and then kissed his temple gently.

"Sorry to make you wait, love," the man murmured. He hummed softly, and noted that the ugly man had left. He breathed deeply, relieved.

"Thank you," he murmured softly as he patted the man hands. The man chuckled lightly and took his seat beside Woohyun.

Tonight the man wore black baggy pants with black baggy shirt along with black fedora on his head. His small eyes was lined with the eyeliner, accentuating its more.

Woohyun gulped. The man was handsome, alluring and undoubtedly y. That scent now clouding his head even more.

"What's your name?" He asked the man. The man turned his head from his drink and then smiled softly. The man put his drink down and unseated himself from the barstool. He stepped in front of Woohyun then leaned forward, kissing Woohyun on his forehead. The man chuckled lightly, patting his cheek then turned around, leaving Woohyun dazed once again.


 

 

Once again Woohyun find himself in rush. He was once again almost late for his lecture. He hastened his walking pace on the busy street, barely avoiding the throngs of people. 

With his hands busily struggling with his sling bag, Woohyun was unaware of the person who walked from the opposite direction and bumped into him. 

He apologized without looking up at the man face. He noted that the man was wearing baggy jeans, sneakers on his feet and a plain t-shirt. The man just patted his head and continue on his way, a phone on his ear.

"Yeah? It's nothing, Myungsoo. Tell father I'll go," said the man as he walked away. Woohyun eyes widened when he hear the man voice and the fragrance he knew so well once again wafted up. He turned abruptly and reached at the man hand, halting him.

The man turned. And Woohyun gasped. "It's him!"

It's the same man. The broad daylight helping Woohyun recognizing the man features better. He opened his mouth to say something, but the man beating him into it.

"You should hurry, Woohyun ah, or you'll be late," the man said, surprising Woohyun into silent. The man chuckled, unclasping Woohyun's hand then turned his back as he walked away.

"Hm? Nah, it's nothing, Myung."

A bump on his back and Woohyun gasped loudly,

"How he knew my name?!" He shouted, both hands on his cheeks. He ignored the stares people give him from his outburst and looking up trying to catch the glimpse of the blond man. And he gasped again.

"! I'm late!" He yelled and hurriedly running toward the bus stop.


 

 

Woohyun huffed tiredly as he toeing his shoess off. With shoulders slumping he trugged into the living room where both his parents were seated and talking with someone that he can't see from the hallway he was in.

"I'm home!" He croaked tiredly, allerting the people in the living room.

"Woohyun ah, come here for a sec!" His father called. "I want to introduce you to someone."

Woohyun trudged wordlessly into the living room. Head hung low. When he reached, from the corner of his eyes he can see the man wearing suit. He trail his eyes higher from that slender and long legs onto the man face. And his eyes widen in shock.

"Woohyun, meet Kim Sunggyu, your fiance." His father introduced. He turned his head so fast and stared at his father with mouth hung agape.

"He what?" He asked perplexed. His mother chuckled.

"He is the son of the Kim family, the strongest mafia family that I talked to you about yesterday. I want to strengthen the bond with marrying you to him." His father explained. He nodded numbly at his father; mind still trying to process.

The man stood up from his seat and bowed slightly at his parents before slowly approaching Woohyun.

"Kim Sunggyu..." Woohyun whispered the man name. And he love how it rolled on his tounge easily. "Sunggyu..."

"Yes, love." The man answered as he smiled softly, hand gently caressed his cheek. The heavenly scent wafted strongly. Woohyun inhaled the scent deeply then smiled.

"My fiance... My soon to be husband..."

The man smiled. He leaned closer and then slowly and gently kissed Woohyun on the lips.

"Yours, love."

Woohyun smiled he pecked the man lips and then hugged him, snuggling into Sunggyu's embrace. 

"I like it..." he mumbled, eyes closed, a smile etched on his face. Sunggyu just tightened his hug and then kissed his forehead.

"I know."

 

The end