Our Childhood Friend

My Name is Park Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin’s POV

Why this house is so big? It tooks me a day everytime I want to clean this house. I’ve learned that this house is a present form Jin-hyung mother for his 20th birthday. Can you imagine it? He got a house for his birthday. Then, Jin-hyung started to invite others to live with him.

They are childhood friend and treat each other like brother. Jin-hyung, Namjoon-hyung and Taehyung are cousin and they get to know Jungkook from Taehyung since Taehyung’s parent is friend with Jungkook’s parent. Hoseok-hyung? Well he is actually Namjoon-hyung step-sibling.

How do I get to know all this? Taehyung told me everything about them to me on the second day I lived here. He sure speaks a lot. He told me everything about them but somehow I think it’s not complete. I guess it’s a secret he has to keep from stranger like me.

I also don’t know why Namjoon-hyung named me Jimin. I remembered clearly when Namjoon-hyung give me a name, Jimin, everyone look shocked and their eyes are telling me something I don’t understand. This family has lot s of secret and I think each of them also have their own secret.And Jungkook. Why he hates me so much and keeps accusing me on having bad hidden agenda towards them. I don’t have any bad agenda towards them. I just need a shelter and a safe place. A place where I can hide myself from THE DARK’s people.

The worst is last week, Jungkook tried to kiss me. After everything he had said, he tried to kiss me. Did he want to play with my heart? And you heart, why did you beating so fast that time?

That night I try to sleep but wake up after sleeping for three hours. I feel so hungry and go to kitchen to see if there are leftover for me. I heard a voice and I hit my head hard on the fridge door. It’s Jungkook and he offered me ramen.

“Wait, I’ll make you ramen. No, I’m not doing this as an apology but I’m doing this because I’m a kind-hearted person. My mom told me to always help a person who is in trouble.”

I can sense his eye is staring at me while I’m eating and suddenly his hand is cupping face and he leaned forward. I saw he close his eye and his nose is touching my nose and in 0.0001 second his lip will be in my lip. Brain, please do something, I don’t even have my first kiss yet.

Then, my brain told me to get up and go to my room. Thank you, my brain. After that night, I avoided him and act like nothing has happened. Jungkook did the same except avoiding me, he keeps bothering me and always calling me ugly boy.

“Ugly boy, wash my shoe, I want it clean by today.”

“Yah, ugly boy, why is this soup is salty? I want you to make a new one.”

“Yah, who told you to clean my bed? I hate it when someone touches my bed.”

“Yah I hate your ugly face. Go wear a mask.”

I know I’m only a stranger in this house but can he treat me like others treat me. And he also refused to call me Jimin. Namjoon-hyung said that Jungkook has bad memory with a person named Jimin before but Namjoon-hyung doesn’t explain more about it. I don’t know what happened between Jungkook and Jimin but can’t he see that I’m not that Jimin and have nothing to do about whatever happens between them.

Can we get along and be friend? Wait; did I want us to be friend? No. no. no Jimin no. Remember what he has done to you. He treats you like a slave and always calling you ugly. Jimin, remember you have work to do. Stop thinking about him.

 I sighed before taking back the broom that lying on the floor and swiping the floor again. What kind of house doesn’t have a vacuum? So old-fashioned!  Since nobody is at home now, why don’t we have a concert? Using a broom as microphone, I sang the trending song this year which is RUN by BTS.

“dasi Run Run Run nan meomchul suga oebseo, tto Run Run Run nan eojjeol suga eobseo, eochapi igeotbakhe nan mothae neorul saranghaneun geot bakken mothae…..”

“Wow, I don’t know you can sing.”

I stop singing and turning to see who is daring to interrupt my concert. I saw Hoseok-hyung leaning on the front door and smiling amusedly at me.

“Ah hyung, you scared me. I thought you will be back in another 1 hour.”

“Yeah but my class ended early because my lecturer has some emergency.”

“Oh okay but hyung I’m sorry, lunch is not ready yet. I thought I want to start make it after I finished cleaning this house but since you get back home already you need to wait for a while.”

During breakfast this morning, Hoseok-hyung and Taehyung told me they will be back during lunch since they only have morning class and Yoongi-hyung also will be back during lunch. And I planned to make lunch after finishing swiping this whole house.

“it’s okay but how many times we have told you that you don’t have to do the cleaning. We can hire a maid to clean and to cook for us.”

“I know but this is the only way for me to repay all the kind deeds you do to me. I’ve been living for a week now.  Moreover, hiring a maid is expensive and you can save some budget.”

Why bother to hire a maid. It’s clearly wasting their money and they can avoid it by using my service. I’m a strong boy even if I’m a little bit tiny than others but never underestimate my strength. Don’t you see my muscle? I got it by while working as removalist.

“Okay if that’s what you say. So, do you need my help in making lunch?”

“Sure, two is faster than one.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After finish preparing our lunch, Hoseok-hyung and I sit on the couch in living room waiting for Taehyung and Yoongi-hyung. We just lay lazily watching a cartoon playing on television.

“Jimin-ah, I’m so glad that you can talk to me now. You don’t use a notebook anymore to converse with me. You know it’s kind of sad for me whenever you talking to Jin-hyung and Namjoon secretly. I’ve always wondering when it’s my turn to hear your voice. Jin-hyung always said that your voice is beautiful and it’s make me really jealous of him.”

Me myself don’t know the reason why I can’t talk to them except for Jin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung. It’s just that my brain keeps telling to shut my mouth and whenever I try to speak, my voice won’t come out. But when I’m with Jin-hyung and namjoon-hyung, I can talk comfortably with them.

“I know and I’m really sorry hyung.”

“It’s okay and it’s me who is sorry. You know I’m kind of forcing you to talk that time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter