My Name is Park Jimin

My Name is Park Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin, anyone who see him will say he is just a normal boy like other boys who like to play, like candy a lot or like watching a cartoon. Yes they are right, Jimin is just a normal boy but no Jimin don’t do stuff like that. When other kids are playing among themselves only Jimin is sitting alone building a sand castle everyday since he is five years old and he has built that same castle for almost three years now.

“Why are you building the same sand castle everyday. Why you won’t play with us?”

“I’m building my own castle now because I want to be a prince. I can’t play now because I’m busy building it.”

It’s the same answer to the same question from different kids but after some time they stop asking and stop coming near him claiming that he is weird. Yes, even parent won’t allow their kid to get near him afraid that he will affect their kid. They trust what they saw and never try to open their heart to see the real life of a boy named Jimin.

Everything starts to change when two boys wearing a branded item from head to toe approach him. Neither Jimin nor the two boys know that their life will change after that day. Jin and Namjoon are a boy who thought everything can be buy using money. But, later they realised that they can’t buy a smile and that smile only belong Jimin. A very priceless and no one can’t afford to buy that smile. Jin and Namjoon will do anything to get that smile.

“Hi, are you alone? Why are you building a sand castle alone?”

Yes, they get the same answer to that same question.

“Do you want to see the real castle? My name is Jin and he is Namjoon.”

“Real castle? Can I be the prince in that castle? My name is Jimin.”             

Jin, a boy who hates socialising with other people started the first conversation. He has a phobia to talk to other people because he think everyone say that he is ugly and will only accept his close friends into his world but he made an exception when it comes to Jimin.

“Yes, you can.”

And now Jimin is standing in his castle. It’s different from his sand castle but he like this castle more. This castle is ten times bigger than his house and when he is opening the door, people with a black suit bowing 90 degree to him. It’s different from his house as when he gets back home, all he can see is his parent sad eye looking at him. Living with a debt that is never ending is tiring but he can only smile to ease that feeling.

“Wow, this castle is so big and I never know that it’s actually real. How do you build this castle? How long it get to make it this big? I wonder how much sand I need to use to make it this big.”

“I don’t know how they build it but it’s not from a sand like that sand castle. Do you like it? You can visit here anytime you want if you become our friend.”

“I like it. Can I visit here everyday and build my own sand castle here?”

“Yes sure but in return you have to be our friend.”

“Okay. I’ll be your friend.”

Whoever hears their conversation know it’s just a childish talk but who are they to care. It’s a childish talk since they are only kids. Yes, they are kids, Jimin is only 8 years old and Namjoon is 9 years old while Jin is 11 years old. That’s all what it takes to make Jimin smile, a very genuine smile not like his usually smile that full with sadness. He is smiling because he is happy not because he had too.

“Guys, lets meet our new friend. He is Jimin.”

Jimin just smile at them but they can’t stop their eyes from staring at him mesmerized by his smile, a very bright and honest smile different with their usual smile full with awkwardness.

“Hi, my name is Park Jimin and I’m 8 years old. Good to see you all.”

“Hi, my name is Taehyung and I’m 8 years old too. Yes! Now I have someone same aged with me. Hmm, what should we do together? Oh, oh I know we can eat ice-cream together or we can play my video game together. Wow, it’s so exciting. Jimin, you know I have a new control car toy but hyung won’t play with me and I’m so sad. It’s so boring to play it alone. You know what tomorrow I’ll bring it here and we can play together. I have lots of toy at home and I’ll bring it tomorrow so we can play it….”

“Yah Tae! Enough. Don’t worry; he likes to talk a lot. This is Hoseok, he is 9 years old same like Namjoon and that boy is Yoongi, and he is 10 years old. Finally, this cute little boy is Jungkook and he is just 6 years old.”

“Wow, you are so cute. I think I have fallen in love with you.”

“Uh thank you but don’t come near me. I don’t love you. I don’t know you.”

Jungkook is blushing crazily right now but hiding it with continue playing with his toy but no one seems to realised that everyone is blushing right now and none tried to make it obvious but one boy named Yoongi sure know how to hide it well.

“Yah Jin-hyung, why are you bringing someone else in here? You know this is our secret place.”

“I know but this is my house so I do what I want.”

“Huh! Whatever. I want to sleep, don’t wake me up until dinner.”

And that’s how their first meeting. Jimin will come to visit everyday spending his day with them and never fail to build his sand castle everyday but one day his well build sand castle is collapsing. His smile is being replaced by his crying. He just cries and cries trying to build back his castle but no, his castle chooses to betray him.

“Yah, stop crying. I’m tried to sleep right now.”

“But—but—my—castle—is—destroyed—and—I’m—so—sad—now.”

“Jimin, we can make it back. Let’s do it again together.”

“No—it—won’t—be—the—same—again—and--……”

“Shut up. Let me rebuild it for you.”

Yes, their secret place has a tiny spot with sand now because there Jimin can build his sand castle. Everyone is shocked to see a lethargic Yoongi is getting up from his place and start to build a sand castle. If it’s Taehyung or Jungkook who ask him to do it then he will definitely decline it but it’s different with Jimin. Even Yoongi has the soft spot to him.

“Wow, hyung, your sand castle is so big and beautiful.”

“It’s not mine but yours.”

“Mine? Really? Thank you so much. Hyung, you really have a magic hand.” 

That simple word from Jimin can make Yoongi blushed as red as tomato and Jin is sure that bringing Jimin to their life is the best decision he had. But what Jin doesn’t register is that Jimin will change his mind-set one day. Jin has always insecure about himself as he keeps telling his mind that he is ugly and no one want to see his ugly boy. Jin is not an ugly boy but his appearance said so. His big sunglass covering his eye hides his beautifulness. It’s not like he has bad eyesight but he already used to it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter