The Concert

The Feelings Are Mutual

 

 

Jamsil Olympic Stadium, Seoul

 

 

If you are an Exo fan you would know that the last act of Exo’rdium concert which is the encore and wrap up of one of the best concerts in South Korea would be held in the largest outdoor stadium, an Olympic standard arena with a capacity of 72,000 spectators. And without a doubt, the tickets to Exo’s concert had been sold out in less than an hour, almost nearing the minutes count. Fans had lined up a day prior to make sure they get the seats right in the humongous arena.

 Luhan would be lying if she says it wasn’t tiring because amongst the hundreds of fangirls lining up since last night, Luhan had been one of them. All SM artists and other idols who wanted to witness the concert can contact the manager or entertainment rep to reserve tickets for the second and third floor seats because it’s more convenient. Of course others would take the VIP treatment without a second thought but Luhan proved to be the odd one out.

 

 

It started with a promise back in her trainee days.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m going to be famous and I’m going to be a top international star!” 15-year old Oh Sehun announced proudly, raising both his hands as if he had won a race.

 

Young Luhan rolled her eyes, emptying her water bottle in one go, extremely exhausted with the rigorous practice that had just ended. Her day is tiring enough, having Oh Sehun in proximity made it infinitely worse. “I know you can do it, Sehunnie. You are going to be so awesome I can’t wait!” Luhan said with sarcasm and completely fake excitement.

 

Sehun caught unto her mocking tone but continued pestering her anyway.
“I will make my debut sooner or later, I will work my off and I will make everyone proud! After that, my goal is to hold a concert where EVERYONE could see me. And by then, you can see how awesome I am on stage.”

 

 

The girl could only smile at her fellow trainee’s spirit and positivity, he was full of smiles even when he had been scolded harshly by the trainer just minutes ago. So Luhan nodded to her friend’s babbling about how he’ll break records and sell millions of album, never had the heart to stop him from dreaming and hurting his heart if she told him about the harsh life he would go through to achieve such tremendous goals.

 

“You’ll be great, “Luhan whispered.

 

 

 

Sehun seemed surprised. He gulped harshly, pupils dilating while extending a hand and placed his palm on her forehead.
“Why are you being nice to me? Please don’t act too nice, you’re scaring me. Are you sick?”

 

 

 

The girl threw her empty bottle to Sehun and watched the other wince in pain as the object knocked his head. But instead of cursing or getting upset, Sehun chukled. “That’s the Luhan I know.”

 

 

 

Luhan huffed, wiping away precipitates that are pooling every inch of her skin. She smells like a big old unwashed dumpster after training all day but that doesn’t seem to scare the young male away. In fact, he scooted closer from his position with a determined gaze.

“Luhan, if I made it into the greatest concert area in South Korea, would you come?”

 

 

 

“Sure, . Who would be watching you perform expect your family? There’s only me.” Luhan replied haughtily.

 

 

Sehun immediately lit up, “promise me that you’ll buy the tickets on your own. It won’t be that hard right?”

 

 

At that time, Luhan had nothing to think about. The probability of Sehun reaching that level of performing in a big stadium was too little so Luhan agreed right away.

 

 

“I promise.”

 

 

 

And the deal was sealed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan really thinks she’s stupid to even buy the tickets on her own. She could have asked for the manager or the event organizer’s help in getting tickets, she’s also an idol for goodness sake and Oh Sehun wouldn’t even knew she cheated against their promise. But the constant nagging in her head tells her not to do it and so when the ticketing line is open, Luhan used all of her knowledge on online ticketing, fast fingers and even faster internet connection to get herself a ticket. She wasn’t even that dedicated for debut preparation.

It’s hell you know, Luhan realized, that the girls on the internet were cursing and cussing at each other over a single piece of paper. Some of them are ready to pick up a fight to get their hands on – what they deem to be – the most valuable tiny ticket. It’s a miracle Luhan obtained one, and that is thanks to her dedication on being a permanent member in Exo’s fan cafe and official fan club, also to her experience on buying concert tickets.

 

 

 

 

Fortunately, no one in line seems to realize that she’s there, waiting along with other girls for the doors to open since the night before. The camouflage is perfect, a white mask, a black cap, long-sleeved sweater and black skintight pants, showing not even a patch of skin.

 And when the gates are finally unlocked, all hell let loose. Everyone is running to every direction, some already running to the stairs while some attacked the ground floor where a huge field of green grasses are, the soccer field and running tracks. For a moment, Luhan was frozen in her steps as she marveled at the sight of the arena. Thousands of chairs are everywhere, with a huge personalized stage in the center and big banners for each of the group’s members. When she spotted Sehun’s, she could only smile proudly of what he has become now, nostalgia washing over her thoughts.

 

 

“Why do I feel like a proud mother,” Luhan whispered to no one in particular.

 

 

 

 

After finally finding her seat near the stage, Luhan plopped down on the plastic chair and breathed heavily. “Why is this place so damn huge!” she screamed tiredly.

 She turned around and tried locating other artists. She did found Taehyung from BTS on the VIP lounge with members of VIXX. While NCT and her other members are on the second floor, sitting amongst the spectators too but tightly guarded by security, leaving no room for fans to converse with the idols.
 

 

 

 

The fans are slowly occupying the empty seats and Luhan finally noticed that it didn’t take half an hour to fill the 72,000 empty chairs. Each and every section is already filled even when the real show is still an hour away.

 

The girl sitting next to Luhan was a teenager, holding unto a banner with Sehun’s name along with a print out of his funny face. She looks like a hardcore fan with the huge amount of goodies and official merchandises.

 

 

“Excuse me,” Luhan said to the girl, voice a little muffled by the mask. “Can I take a photo of you and your banner, it looks cute!”

 

 

Unlike what she thought, the girl didn’t even say a thing or reply because Luhan only expects a yes or a no as the answer. The teenager looks disbelieved and shocked, “Oh my gosh you are Luhan… you’re from ACE!”

Well, the daylight might be the reason to her blown cover but Luhan didn’t need the camouflage anymore so she took off the cap and mask. “How did you know?”

 

 

 

“Your eyes are so pretty, I am a huge fan so I can tell only with the eyes. Oh my gosh you are really really really pretty! You look very beautiful, better than on camera.” the girl squealed, earning everyone’s attention. Luhan signaled her to keep it down as not to make a ruckus.

 

 

“Oh my gosh I’m sorry, you probably wouldn’t want to be bothered. I’m just a big fan, you know,” the fan whispered. “I’m so sorry.”

 

 

Luhan offers a friendly smile, “thank you for supporting us especially for you who are supporting both groups as counterparts, that’s amazing. Well, can we take a picture together?”

 

 

 

The fan gasped audibly, “You want to take a picture of a lowly being as me?! Oh my gosh I don’t deserve it! Just seeing you here is a big achievement.”

 

 

The female idol chuckled, “I need a proof so that a certain someone will believe me when I say I came to the concert on my own. Please take a picture with me.”

 

 

 

 

The two girls had a selfie together along with the Sehun banner that Luhan laughed at the entire time. After that, all fans began to wonder what’s going on and found out that Luhan from ACE is in the stadium, without any security guards to serve protection and even mingling with the rest of Exo-Ls in the normal seating arrangement.

 

“I watched every of your We Got Married episodes, both of you are relationship goals!” another fan had shrieked while offering the back of her phone to get the idol’s autograph. Everyone near them are also taking a lot of pictures and videos, agreeing to the statement.

 

 

Luhan laughed, “we fight all the time in almost every episode, how come we’re relationship goals? But thank you for watching!”

 

 

“The only reason I started watching the show is because of the two of you. You guys are so sweet, just like those ‘some’ relationship! I really would like to have such affectionate relationship in the future.”

 

Another fan added, “your chemistry is too good, why don’t you date for real. We’ll support you.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan was speechless but offered a friendly smile.  Date Oh Sehun? Oh please Luhan would rather jump from a high-rise building.

 

 

 

---

 

 

After all the great fanservice and photo sessions, the concert started. It was majestic to say the least and Luhan was given no time to think or do anything else except to watch the show and performance in awe. Everyone on stage are doing fantastic but Luhan’s eyes always wandered back to the now black-haired male that she had sealed a promise with, the person who had made her dream bigger and made her who she is today.

 

“You’re doing well, Oh Sehun!” Luhan shouted as she moved her own lightstick back and forth to the rhythm, knowing well that her voice would only be another addition to the sea of shrieks and shouts from other spectators. The performances were breathtaking, the fanservices are even better, and the connection between Exo and their fans are strong enough to let non-fans feel the emotion and love. And when the last song, Sing For You, was played, Luhan knew Sehun would cry. Just by the way he’s standing idly on stage like a statue, staring at the sea of light that shines like star in the vast black sky and listening to the fans sing the song passionately, Luhan knew Sehun was holding his tears. And when she saw him approaching her area, she raised her own banner up.

 

 

 

 

 

Seriously, Sehun didn’t know it would be real, that he would perform and gather that much of an audience. There are even respectable seniors watching him and s, other idol friends and actor colleges even made it to support him. From time to time, he would scan the place in search of his own best friend but so far he couldn’t find her.

He walked slowly on stage with a smile, waving to fans on the nearest section. But when he noticed a certain banner, his smile dropped.

 

 

 

YOU LOOK UGLIEST WHEN YOU CRY, SO DON’T YOU DARE
YOU LOOK BEST WHEN YOU SMILE, SO GO AHEAD
YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING, OH SEHUN
AND I’M PROUD OF YOU AND WHAT YOU’VE BECOME
I NEVER DOUBTED YOU EVEN FOR A SEC
OH SEHUN, YOU’RE THE BEST!

 

 

 

The roaring crowd suddenly didn’t matter anymore and as if every singing from his other members are suddenly muted. Sehun was reading the banner with the ugliest word cutting and messy glitter, knowing all too well who’s behind the board but he could never thought of actually crying to it. When the banner was out of the way, Luhan gave him one of those rare sincere smile and gave him two thumbs up, motioning him to wipe the tears away.

 

 

Sehun chuckled while using the back of his palm to dry his cheeks, touched by the words and actions. Luhan really has him around her pinky.

 

 

 

“You’re awesome,” Luhan mouthed from her position.

 

 

 

 

The performing idol replied, “I know.”

 

 

 

 

“Cocky,” Luhan whispered to herself but Sehun could read it.

He smiled, thanking the heavens that he had such a supportive friend, one of the most patient and nicest, and reminded himself to ask for that particular banner when he's done with the concert that night. (and maybe treat Luhan to bubble tea because she had actually fulfilled her promise that Sehun thought she wouldn't even recall).

 

 

 

 

 

But seriously, both of them should have known that their interaction, even with involving no words, became the number 1 most searched topic the next day on search engines everywhere in the internet because fansite masters and fans wouldn’t let that precious moment pass. Cameras are invented for a reason and the fan who had sat next to Luhan finally thanked herself for carrying 4 of her DSLRs for the occasion, uploading her photos on her popular fan account right away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

a/n: well, on not so popular demand, i brought this back in tribute to Exo'rdium encore hehehehhehe and also this is surely unedited so forgive the ever so full of mistakes update. i did this in two days so i hope you like the rushed result 
Thank you for always supporting this fic, i really really love the comments ! and thank you for subscribing and upvoting!