We Got What?

The Feelings Are Mutual

 

 

 

 

“This has been your DJ Kim Shinyoung and our lovely guests tonight, ACE. We’ll be on air same time same days. Good night listeners, see you next week.”

 

After the ending of the radio show, the girls quickly bowed to the DJ and also to the rest of the crews for their hard work. And that also means that their promotion for this time is officially over. ACE walked out of the recording room with bright smiles on their faces and was making their way out of the MBC broadcasting building. A female staff quickly went over to the group’s manager, stopping the rest of the members from continuing their journey back to their van.

 

The manager was busy talking with the female staff while Kyungsoo was trying not to fall asleep as she stayed up all day for filming and stuff. Luhan let the maknae rest her head on the leader’s shoulder while waiting for the conversation to end. Thankfully, people who recognize them in the building took photos silently without screaming or shouting at their appearance.

Once the talk was over, the manager headed straight to the leader of the group.

 

 

 

“Luhan, please follow the staff I was talking to just now. She’ll lead you to an interview room and you just need to answer a few question. Her name is Yoon Jeonghwa and she’ll explain more about this on your way to the studio. I will take the members to eat dinner and I’ll come back to pick you up after dropping them off. The company had agreed to do the show.”

 

 

Luhan greeted the staff with a bow and waved goodbye to her bandmates before following the staff’s quick footsteps to the elevator.

“My name is Yoon Jeonghwa and I’m a very big fan of yours. I watch every music show ACE attended.”

 

“Ah, I see. Thank you for your love and support.”

 

 

The elevator door dinged open and the two females went into the enclosed area. They were going to the fourth floor and Luhan doesn’t really like heights and enclosed area. This lift better be quick or else.

“Well, I forgot to explain to you about the show,” Jeonghwa quipped.

 

“That’s okay, take your time.”

 

“Once we get to the studio, you’ll need to answer a few questions. None of it will be scripted and all your answers will come from you personally. This will be recorded as well and we’ll do it in one take. Are you okay with that?”

 

Luhan doesn’t even care about the procedures as she counted one until ten to stop herself from spazzing out from being in an enclosed area for too long. She nodded along with a forced smile. Once at the fourth floor, Jeonghwa led the way towards studio 15. Inside, there were less than 10 people with all recording equipments already set.

“Hello, I’m Luhan from ACE. Please take care of me.” First thing is always making the good first impression and Luhan always succeed in making people fall for her on the first meeting.

 

She was welcomed warmly by the staffs and also the producer. The idol was then ushered to sit on a chair in the middle of the room where she will be recording alone. With lighting and background already arranged, shooting was going to start. Luhan was beyond confused but tried to stay calm as the director had given the signal for camera to roll.

 

Luhan introduced herself first as usual, not forgetting to introduce her group as well.

 

“We heard that you wanted to appear on a variety show…”

Luhan seemed to ponder at that. Yes, she did want to appear on shows aside from music broadcasts. With a pretty smile, she nodded happily. “I’ve always wanted to do that ever since debut to know more people and interact better with fans because some of them rarely see me on the television and demand a guest appearance of some sort.”

 

“Do you know why you’re here, Luhan-ssi?” Jeonghwa asked.

 

“I don’t really know actually, what am I doing here?” Luhan replied in a joking manner.

 

“Congratulations of being chosen as one of the pairings for We Got Married!”

 

At that Luhan was speechless. Manager-nim didn’t mention anything about this show. “Are you serious?!”


“Yes.”

 

“Oh my gosh, is that really true? You’re not pranking me right?”

Seeing the cameramen still seriously recording the interview, Luhan thinks this is real.

 

“Yes, you have been chosen by the netizen as one of the most wanted idol to appear on We Got Married.  We had posted a poll on the internet and asked the netters to vote for a couple they think will suit each other most. So, all pairings had been decided by the viewers and not by the producer.”

 

The idol had her jaws a little agape and the staff giggled at her surprised reaction. Seriously, Luhan can’t believe that she’s finally doing a show alone after doing so many activities with her members. Even before debut Luhan had been a fan of this show and low-key wanted to be one of the main pairings. Finally that dream will come true. But she’s a little guilty for not appearing with the rest of the group.

 

“I know this sounds a little bit weird but can I know who my partner will be? Like right now?” the idol asked timidly and the staffs were trying so hard not to coo at her cute expression.

 

“Unfortunately no,” Jeonghwa said. “This time, We Got Married had decided to cut all contacts of you and your future husband so that it won’t be easy to guess. The both of you will meet right there and then at a location so we are not going to spoil any information regarding your partner. So please keep it a secret from everyone until the first episode airs.”

 

Luhan pouted at the suggestion but nodded nonetheless. It’s quite interesting that way with keeping her virtual husband’s identity a mystery. But to sum it all up, Luhan is ecstatic about the whole idea of meeting new people.

 

The interview proceeds with other questions directed to Luhan’s personal life. About her fears, her trainee days, her ideal type and so on.

 

 

But Luhan can’t stop thinking about who her future husband will be.

 

------

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan felt nervous as hell.

 

 

Well that’s an understatement as she could feel the anxiousness building up in the pit of her stomach and the pounding of her heart is getting out of hand. The members of ACE are doing their own solo activities and made everything easier for Luhan not to tell them about the show.

“I’m so nervous!” Luhan spoke to the VJ who was recording the whole occurrence and the young male behind the camera could only offer a smile of sympathy without saying a word. “What if he doesn’t like me? What if he hates me?” she mumbled to herself again for the nth time that day.

 

 

Just a few moments ago, the production crew had given her a small mission card. It was stated that she will meet her soon-to-be husband at the bus stop like how lead couple in dramas met. The idea is romantic and all but Luhan is too scared to think about the bright side.

 

It was a cold Sunday morning with grey skies covering the city. Luhan walked slowly towards her destination which is the nearest bus stop that the crew had mentioned before, matching her pace with the VJ so that he won’t have difficulties in keeping up.

Suddenly the weather turned colder and droplets of water dropped from the sky. Thankfully Luhan brought extra umbrella with her and also an extra cap.

 

“Here, I have two umbrellas. Please use it or you’ll get a cold,” she spoke to her own personal VJ while offering a folded blue umbrella. Of course the guy objected and answered that he had a jacket on. After much debating, the VJ agreed on borrowing her cap rather than her umbrella.

 

Soon, they arrived at the supposed bus stop. There were no one there and Luhan looked curiously at the camera.

“Are you sure it’s here? Or am I supposed to wait for a bus or something? The mission card didn’t say anything else…” She said, clueless.

 

 

The VJ stayed mum to not spoil the surprise. So wait she did. The rain got heavier and the bus stop didn’t really shelter them from the splashing of water caused by the strong wind. Umbrella was still standing straight in Luhan’s small hand.

 

A few buses managed to pull over but no one got down in that bus stop, leaving Luhan slightly discouraged. A figure carrying a pink umbrella was approaching her direction and that managed to catch Luhan’s attention. When she turned her head to get a better view, she almost gagged in disbelief.

 

“Fancy meeting you here Sehun,” Luhan said with a hint of annoyance.

 

 

 

They male was clad in a plain blue T-shirt, a khaki coat and black skinny jeans with a cap on top of his head but managed to look as if he had jumped out from a magazine photoshoot.

 

 

“Well, I’m really fascinated to meet you, what are you doing here?”

 

 

“Well, I’m waiting for my future husband mind you,” Luhan replied with an irritated smile.

 

The look on Sehun’s face was priceless as his eyes were ready to bulge out any time right there and then with his mouth wide open. Luhan was curious to why the guy was acting like that all of a sudden until an idea struck her head like train.

 

Another man, obviously carrying a recording camera appeared behind Sehun and everything just clicks. Luhan had seen the guy who became Sehun’s VJ somewhere in the MBC building. And Luhan’s expression morphed into horror as she realized what was going on.

 

 

“You’re my husband?!” the girl almost shrieked.

 

 

 

“Oh my gosh I can’t believe you’re going to be my wife…” was what Sehun managed to say amidst the chaos.

 

 

Luhan then turned to her own VJ, “this isn’t real right? This is just a prank right? He’s actually meeting someone else and not me right?”

 

The cameraman could only chuckle at her enraged (but still cute) reaction. Sehun was busy confronting his own VJ that looked too amused by the duo’s actions to reply. This might be the first time a couple in We Got Married history that doesn’t need proper introduction from each other and no awkwardness radiating from them. They just look like one of those bickering couple that looks cute nonetheless.

After a few minutes of trying to calm down, Luhan and Sehun stood there, still under their respective umbrella and possibly glaring at each other. The rain poured even more by the minute and they need to head out to another place.

 

They were about to move out when the two idols notice something. Both their VJs are not protected from the heavy rain with only a cap as their only cover.

 

Luhan immediately gave her umbrella to both the VJs as she brought two.

 

“Please take it. I can share with Sehun,” Luhan said with a smile.

 

 

Not taking a ‘no’ as an answer, Luhan dragged Sehun out from the bus stop and began walking towards the subway. Their mission after meeting with their partner is to go to an address and Sehun thought subway would be better since there are no cabs available and the next bus would be in half an hour.

 

 

“I can’t believe they paired us up,” Luhan mumbled while avoiding the droplets of water under Sehun’s umbrella.

 

“I can’t believe people voted for us to be a couple,” Sehun uttered in pure bewilderment.

 

 

 

Now with umbrellas, the VJ could record without any problem as they caught up with the newly made couple.

 

 

From afar, they could see a lightning ahead and Luhan stopped in her tracks. Sehun could see the tensed shoulder of his best friend and knew something was wrong. The male know that Luhan is fond of the rain but never the thunder. So, with instinct, Sehun grabbed the female’s hand and intertwined their fingers.

“It’s okay, it’s just a lightning.” He tried to lighten up her mood.

 

 

As soon as he said that a booming thunder roared across the region and Luhan immediately stiffen in place. Sehun was quick to tighten his hold on the terrified girl and moved closer to provide some sort of protection.

 

“I’m here, Lu. I’m not going anywhere so don’t be scared.” He whispered while rubbing soothing circles with his thumb on the girl’s ice-cold hand. “Let’s go inside and we can get you some hot coffee okay?”

 

 

Luhan nodded fearfully. Sehun quicken his pace towards the subway to make Luhan more comfortable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

The first episode of the We Got Married’s season had kicked off greatly with the ‘First Meeting’ as the theme. There were idols and actors meeting and getting speechless at one another, awkwardly looking away but when Luhan and Sehun appeared as one of the couples, it was a different story.

 

Fans went wild not only because of their appearance but also their interaction. A clip from Luhan’s interview was played right after Sehun had grabbed Luhan’s hand that created quite a commotion on the internet.

 

 

 

I never liked thunders. Even after I grew up, thunder is still my worst enemy. If I’m alone at the dorm, I’ll probably hide beneath the blanket and cover my ears until it stops. Sometimes I hug my plushies just to stop myself from crying. Thunders gave me a bad memory so I never really enjoyed it.”

 

 

 

That was how Hunhan fanbase is getting stronger with new recruits after the airing for the first episode.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i was so hyped that i finally got time to update but at the same time quite dissappointed by the result. i made this along with my other story but this is more neglected that the other so i kinda feel guilty

thanks guys for your wonderful comments, to the subscribers that found this story tolerable and to the upvoters who make me smile.

 

please let me know if you want to read anything in this story. i can follow prompts if you want