A Contender?

The Feelings Are Mutual

 

 

  

“And the Daesang Award goes to…”

 

 

Luhan only chuckled as how the Exo-Ls in the arena are loudly chanting their favorite group, waving around their white lightsticks and screaming on top of their lungs. Other fans are also equally screaming in hopes that it would be their idols who won the biggest award of the night. The announcer, Kang Sora, smiled at the huge enthusiasm and opened the card that keeps the name of the winner. She offered the card to the man next to her and causes everyone to get more and more curious.

 

 

 

Jongdae waved at the fans and the crowd went even wilder. The rest of the boys seemed a little nervous but still managed to keep their true feelings for themselves professionally, especially their maknae. The 2017 Seoul Music Awards has the tightest competition with only one main prize where every group in the industry is fighting for. Bonsang may be valuable but a Daesang is the most prestigious.

 

 

Each idol groups are divided and given different round tables for them to sit with their own band mates and that makes the fans go crazy with idol interactions. Just now Baekhyun, who was sitting at the nearest chair to the BTS table, managed to chat a while with one of them members that caused quite a stir between both fandoms. Chanyeol’s expression turned a little sour but managed to keep smiling despite his girlfriend being extremely close to other man aside from him. 

 

 

 

“Relax a bit will you?”

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun woke from his reverie and immediately faced the voice’s owner who’s sitting at the table next to exo’s. Her eyes never left the stage but she could know Sehun well, without even looking.

 

“You’re not nervous?”

 

 

 

Luhan chuckles, “I’m not that anxious anymore after sitting here annually for 4 years straight just to know that exo’ll win the award. Just chill and wait for your group’s name to be called.”

 

 

 

 

Fortunately, Luhan was sitting right next to him and that eases Sehun’s nerves quite a lot. She side glances the male for while and gave him a reassuring nod before setting her focus back to the stage.

 

 

 

 

 

“And the winner for 2017 Seoul Music Award’s Daesang is… EXO!”

 

 

 

 

 

The crowd, all group nominees, honored sponsors and actor guests stood up from their seats and clapped at the announcement because as expected, EXO won again tonight. The winning male group gathered around their table, holding each other shoulders by shoulders, and had their own impromptu speech by the leader in a hushed tone before calling out their usual slogan. NCT came over from their own table to congratulate their senior group, hugging here and there. Sehun was the first to move away from his juniors and went over to Ace’s table, especially to one particular member.

 

 

 

“I guess you were right…” Sehun said sheepishly but with a proud smile.

 

 

 

Luhan grinned with pride, “I’m always right.”

 

 

 

 

They stare at each other for what feels like an eternity before Luhan broke the eye contact and stretched out her hand. “Congratulatory handshake?”

Sehun laughed out loud with canines and gums showing but took her hand and did their unusual series of handshakes and fist bumps anyway. Yixing snickers at the sides while Kyungsoo was busy glaring at Kai who gave her a wink to notice the exchange.

 

 

“Now off you go, winner takes all.” She said while patting his arms. “I feel like a proud mother.”

 

 

 

 

The huge smile on Sehun’s face did not even falter for a single moment even when he’s already ushered and now walking up to the huge podium along with his band brothers to accept the award. While their song is playing in the background, fans continued their usual fanchant excitedly. When it was Sehun’s turn to offer a short speech, all he could see was the girl in beautiful blonde hair and gleaming hazelnut eyes clapping for him.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

“EXO’s Oh Sehun to Film a Short Web-drama With Actress Jung Hayun.”

 

 

 

 

“Web-drama ‘’ With Casts Oh Sehun, Jung 21Hayun, Lee Taeyong Will Air First Episode This Week.”

 

 

 

 

“Lim PD To Feature A Surprise Cameo For Web-drama ‘21’, Leave Candidates For The Crew To Choose.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun squinted her eyes at the list of trending tags on twitter and it looks like the maknae is scoring his first webdrama career that causes a major topic in the internet. It hasn’t been a full month since the Seoul Music Awards and now Sehun is already getting ready for a drama debut, just great.

 

“Luhan!” The main-vocalist called from the living room.

 

 

 

“Yes, is there anything I can do to please you your majesty?” Leader walked into the said area of their dorm and plopped herself down next to Baekhyun on the sofa with a sigh.

 

 

 

 

“Who’s Jung Hayun?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Who the hell is that?”

 

 

 

 

 

“How am I supposed to know? I asked you, remember?”

 

 

 

 

Luhan pondered hard and long before coming empty-handed, with no memory of the said name. “Why are you asking me this anyway? It’s not like we have many friends since we’re packed with schedules. Is she perhaps a rookie idol or something?”

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighs, “Luhan, she’s gonna be the lead female in Sehun’s movie!”

 

 

 

 

 

“So…”

 

 

 

 

 

The younger clawed her hair desperately, flipping her phone away so dramatically that the said gadget almost fell to the floor. “So? So?!  You’re giving me a ‘so’ as an answer? You don’t get what this whole thing is about?! It means she can steal your man during filming and shooting stuff oh my gosh Lu be serious for once!”

 

 

Luhan scrunched her nose up. “Since when did Sehun become my man?”

 

 

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo appeared from her bedroom with dark messy hair tied into a ponytail and XL-sized hoodie covering her petite body. She was listening to some music through her headphone and was on her way to the kitchen and maybe get some water before realizing two pairs of hawk eyes staring at her. She stopped midway in the middle of her journey in the living room and stared at the two. The youngest gulped and took off her earphones while freezing in her steps.

 

 

“I already ate 3 meals today, I did not skip breakfast. I drank more than a liter of mineral water, took vitamin C and took a nap in the car. I used plenty of hot-packs today and there were almost no shooting outdoors. You can ask manager eonnie if you want.”

 

 

 

Luhan nodded in satisfaction while Baekhyun still looked curious and almost suspicious. “Isn’t that Jongin’s favorite hoodie?”

 

 

 

Yeah but he lost the bet so it’s mine now. Are we done here? Can I get my water now? I’m really really thirsty just so you know.”

 

 

 

 

Still skeptical and all but Baekhyun decided to let it go for now because she got more urgent matters at hand.

Maknae ya, you’re an actress who got a lot of acting-industry connections right? Do you perhaps know someone by the name Jung Hayun?”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo ponders for a moment, “I think she was the one who said that Sehun is her ideal type during a talkshow. I saw her once during filming and she became a cameo or something. She used to be in an idol group but disbanded after five months after debut I guess. She uses a stage name so I don’t really recall.”

 

 

 

 

“I hate her already.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan rolled her eyes, “Baek, chill down.”

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

  

Sehun sighed.

 

 

 

It has been a long day.
The weather is cold as hell, the filming is only halfway done no thanks to a certain female lead who would make stupid mistakes in every scene and also the shooting of EXO’s teasers are making no space for him to breath between schedules.

 

 

So with a frown, Sehun sat at the given chairs for casts and crossed his arms disapprovingly at his co-star, Hayun, who keeps on forgetting her lines and pretending she was given the wrong script by her manager.

 

 

 

 

“How long should I wait?” the blonde male asked the nearest staff.

 

 

 

“We’re so sorry for the inconvenience, Sehun-ssi. I think until the director deems Hayun’s scene is okay before proceeding with our next part. Once again, we are extremely sorry to keep you waiting in the cold weather!”

The staff bowed countless time while Sehun dismissed her with a polite nod. Sehun inched closer to the thermal heater placed next to him and waited until his body is warm enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few more NG cuts and forgotten dialogue, Jung Hayun finally finished her part and Sehun thanked the heavens that it was finally time for him to act. His scene was simply to ride a bicycle through the campus ground, look at the sun once and rode towards the parking area while greeting people on the way. The painful part of that all is to act as if it was only the mid of autumn meanwhile it’s freezing in reality and he’ll need to leave the warmth of his puffer jacket and withstand the winter breeze with dozens of hotpacks beneath his thin outfit.

 

And so he did.

 Sehun rode the bicycle flawlessly, acting like the friendliest student around while flashing a warm smile to everyone where in reality he’s just as antisocial as his pet dog, Vivi. He finished his other two scenes without trouble. He’ll be filming a scene with Hayun after this and when it’s done, he’ll go home and sink himself in the bathtub with running boiling water.

 

 

 

“Cut! Great job, Sehun! We’ll take 15 minutes break.”

 

 

 

The director knew Sehun is really dying inside so he gave the boy a break. Unbeknown to the staffs and casts, a food truck came in the middle of shooting and was parked at the filming site. The director then read the message on his phone and smiled before ushering everyone to get something warm and hot from the food truck.

 

 

 

 

Oh Sehun Hwaiting, Don’t Let Us Down ?” Sehun read the banner displayed on the food truck. “It wouldn’t be from the exo members because they are insensitive jackasses…  Mom wouldn’t even bother to send me lunch during elementary school so it mustn’t be her.” It was not stated who the sender of the food truck was but it’s quite evident that everyone at the filming site is grateful at the gesture.

 

 

 

 

Sehun felt a hand on his shoulder and noticed the director standing next to him.

 

“It’s her isn’t it? She was the one who send it right?”

 

 

 

At Sehun’s questions, the director chuckled. “I’m still not sure whether you guys are just friends or something more than that. But since both of you are ‘married’ for now, I won’t make any assumptions and just think of it as a wife’s kind-hearted thought. Anyway, she sent me a long message on how to manage your temper and be patient with your attitude. Reminds me of my own wife…”

 

 

 

 

Sehun blushed, not knowing why he’s actually feeling a little hot on the cheeks and only fake coughed. Both of them made their way to get some hot soup on the food truck before continuing with the filming..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

“Did everyone eat the food?”

 

 

 

Your food truck is empty, I ate half of it.”

 

 

Luhan, who was walking from the kitchen to her bedroom, laughed with ease and the members already know who she’s talking to on the phone. The other four girls went back to their own activity in the dorm livingroom while their leader is busy talking to her boyfriend bestfriend.

 

 

Thank you for the food, I guess I owe my wife a cup of Americano.” The male on the other line emphasized on the word just to bug the hell out of Luhan.

 

 

 

“You are certainly welcomed, hubby,” she answered, knowing well the game both of them are playing.

 

 

 

Luhan then looked at the four girls and raised an eyebrow. “Wait a sec,” she said to Sehun.

 

 

 

“What are you guys doing?”
 

All of them are sitting separately on the couch but doing the same thing, playing with their phone.

 

 

 

 

 

“Texting Chanyeollie,” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly.

 

 

 

 

“JJ Lin sent me a collaboration demo for our project,” Yixing said while her eyes never left the phone screen.

 

 

 


“My newest script is here,” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

 

 

 

“I’m reading diet and exercise tips from yoga instructor,” Xiumin answered while giving Luhan a thumbs up.

 

 

 

Seeing no harm is done, Luhan went back to her previous conversation with Sehun and entered her personal bedroom. The livingroom was now quiet once more, but this time Baekhyun looks around to see that Luhan is nowhere to be found and released a breath she was holding.

 

 

“That was close!” YIxing commented and placed a palm on her beating heart. She was good at lying now since she indeed will be having a collaboration but used it only as an excuse. JJ Lin is a busy man and he has yet to finish the demo.

 

 

 

Xiumin was the one who gained their attention back. “Guys, there’s a Sehun-Hayun shipper in our forum. Let’s bully the newbie. The account name is SeYun4ever. I’m gonna change my username as Xiubunny okay?”

 

 

 

 

“Mine’s yixingzhang, that wouldn’t be obvious right?” Yixing said as she logged in into the forum

 

 

 

“I’m gonna be anon for now because I’ll be leaving spicy comments for that idiot,” Kyungsoo glared at her phone screen.

 

 

 

Baekhyun cracked her knuckles while Kyungsoo straightened her back at the sudden intrusion.

“My Hunhan forum will be free of pests like you, SeYun4ever. Now get out of my precious fansite.” Kyungsoo began typing at a high speed on her phone while everyone following close.

 

 

 

 

 

“I never thought that we would be part of a Hunhan forum user. And never had I also thought that it would bring us together despite our differences. Can you imagine that this is how we have our bonding time?” Xiumin added with a goofy smile while giving a rather snarky reply on the comment section.

 

 

“You have no idea,” the other three chorused.

 

 

 

 

 

And that’s how Ace members usually spend their free time, supporting their leader’s nonexistent love-life to come true, even if that’s through the internet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anon
Could you please leave? Your presence here annoys me

 

 

 

yixingzhang
we do not accept betrayer in this area

 

SeYun4ever
Wish what you like but Sehun is deeply in love with Hayun while Luhan is just a best friend.

 

 

Xiubunny
I hope you would say something nicer because someone is literally going to burn you alive

 

 

HUNHANcaptain
Sweetie, this website is for Hunhan shippers only. I hope you’re smart enough to read the website name, the bio and be considerate enough to notice that more than 67k users here are hunhan shippers. We get guests sometimes from people from another ship that came in but ended up leaving with tears. For all you know, Sehun doesn’t even know who Hayun is before the filming so don’t get your hopes up too high

 

 

SeYun4ever
Most of you here are fans of Ace or Luhan so I guess you guys want ACE to be as popular as EXO to get some scandal and raise your popularity.

 

 

HUNHANcaptain
look who’s talking. You’re no different yourself, a fan of Jung Hayun who hopes Oh Sehun can bring your idol’s popularity up but sorry to say this but it won’t work.

 

 

SeYun4ever
You guys should see the way Sehun looks at Hayun during filming

 

yixingzhang
you should see the way Sehun looks at Luhan every single time(whether they meet face to face or not).

 

 

Yura-nim, ZiaCO, Byeoluhan, KaiMyLove, Junggigooooo and 890 others upvoted yixingzhang’s comment.

 

 

SeYun4ever
That’s because they are in the same entertainment and can meet each other often. Both Sehun and Hayun can’t meet each other as often as Luhan and Sehun. We all know who’s the real winner here.

 

 

Anon
That’s exactly the point. Sehun and Hayun never met before, never talked before, never spoke to each other before they were casted as leads from the movie. So how do you expect two strangers to become in love as soon as they shake hands. We’re not in some dramas where love at first sight happens.

 

 

Xiubunny
From what I see, there’s only 5 pictures of Sehun and Hayun off-screen together and the humiliating part is they’re not alone with a lot of staffs near them, they’re practicing for a scene and the director is obviously in the middle of them both. Worst part? It’s even released by the production team as Behind The Scene footages.

 

 

Anon
There are more than 80 different Hunhan fansites only in South Korea, thousands and millions of hunhan pics uploaded so far, load of fanarts and edited fanmade videos on youtube and here I say we all know who’s the real winner now. Don’t forget the fanfictions…

 

 

SeYun4ever left the forum

 

 

 

SehunVivi

 

This page is savage I like it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU GUYS WHO ARE CELEBRATING!

had fun with the conversation part