Radio Star

The Feelings Are Mutual

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Welcome to Radio Star. Hello viewers, it’s your host Jun Hyunmoo!”

 

 

 

The host received thunderous handclaps from the audience after his introduction. He bowed to the crowd and also to the rolling camera. “Wow,” he murmured while observing the place around him. “This is the first time the studio is crowded with both female and male audiences. Unbelievable!”

Some of the crowd had even started wolf-whistling at the statement.

 

 

“Because the audiences are getting restless and too excited, let’s not drag this introduction any further and invite our guest for today, ACE!”

 

 

 

From backstage, 5 ladies walked their fabulous ways into the noisy studio where the crowd erupted into loud cheers to welcome the long-awaited guests.

Luhan led her members into the center of the stage and greeted the host along with the audiences with bows.

“Welcome, welcome! Please sit down, please sit down!”

 

 

The studio was decorated with separate sofas on top of a podium and all of them made themselves comfortable. The audiences couldn’t calm down even after the idols had sat down.

“Look what you guys had done, the men here can’t keep calm,” the host joked. “Okay then, let’s all calm down and start our talk show!”

 

 

 

The show started by that and the questions were thrown randomly from the host.

 

It was 2 months after the music awards and ACE had made a surprise comeback without anyone knowing, none of the fans had even suspected anything. They were immediately the talk and buzz of entertainment world with their comeback. With all the promotions and tight schedule going on, they were invited to guest on the most popular talk show among celebrities, Radio Star.

 

 

“Now that we have known more about your comeback song and concept, we shall move on to the next part. This new segment of the show involves the participants to interact with the members of ACE!”

 

 

There were a huge hollering in the studio and everyone was so excited. “We will pick random spectator here and the chosen fan could ask one question to only one of the ACE members. You can either ask a question or ask for a favor from these ladies right here.”

 

The host then walked around the studio amongst the mass of human who were hoping to be picked. He pointed to a young man who shouted loudly as soon as he was picked. The host offered him a microphone which was accepted gratefully.

 

“Hello, I have been a fan of ACE since their debut and had been a huge fan of Baekhyun noona for the last 4 years! My name is Yoon Jonghim.”

Everyone clapped their hands at the introduction of the young man. Baekhyun smiled happily and waved her hands to the young man and he seemed surprised with the interaction.

 

“Oh my gosh, Baekhyun noona just smiled at me. MOM, BAEKHYUN NOONA NOTICED ME ON NATIONAL TV!!”

Everyone in the studio laughed at the man’s reaction, including the members of ACE.

 

 

“You got yourself a dedicated fanboy,” Luhan whispered discreetly. Baekhyun elbowed the leader of ACE and continued chuckling along with everybody else.

 

 

“This is the best day of my life! Baekhyun noona, I love you so much! I even applied to the same high school as you!” he continued professing his love for the main vocalist of ACE. “I want to ask a favor from you. I’m having quite a hard time right now because of my family problems and I don’t know what I should do. Can you sing for me and give me some words of motivation?”

 

Baekhyun always treasured her fans and even though this young man had been a bit embarrassing but she still values him. She stood up slowly from her seat, straightened her dress and walked towards the center of podium after receiving a mic for herself.

“To Jonghim, thank you for your endless support for the five of us. I remember you participating in almost fanmeeting and events we held. I don’t know what you might go through right now, but you will pass the hard times as long as you have faith and courage. Stay strong and don’t let anything bring you down. Remember that every hard time will end sooner or later. You are a persistent person, Jonghi-ssi and I believe that you can handle this problem like an adult. For you, I will sing a song that makes me feel relaxed most of the time, Chen’s ‘Best Luck’. I hope you enjoy this.”

 

 

Everyone was totally immersed into another world as Byun Baekhyun sang her hearts out. She even walked to the fanboy and offered a handshake. Needless to say, the crowd is jealous of that kid.

 

 

Once the song ended, the main vocalist was given thunderous applause from the studio. “That was an awesome performance from our Baekhyun! That was such a nice song, I have never thought of listening to the female version after Jongdae sang it. It is so good.”

 

The host went back to walking around among the spectators to pick a lucky fan. He pointed randomly to a girl with glasses. She squealed and accepted the mic from the host.

 

 

“Hello, my name is Akira.” She said in an accented voice. “I’m from Japan and I love ACE so much! I have a question for Xiumin. How do you get so skinny? Can you share some diet tips?”

 

Luhan scoffed and received another sharp poke by Xiumin’s elbow. “Hey, I didn’t even say anything!” Luhan protested but remained unheard from the older girl.

 

 

“Thank you for having such thoughts about me, Akira-ssi. Lately, I have been going to the gym and had been on a diet for a few days. I drank tomato juice every morning and eat a spoon of rice and a piece of chicken every meal. Less carbohydrates and more protein. But I’m not sure if I can maintain this weight that long because food are too tempting!”

Xiumin’s reply made Luhan laugh out loud, “Xiumin only diets whenever we’re nearing a comeback and she’ll go back to her food-addict state when the promotions are over.”

 

“Hey!” was Xiumin’s indignant reply.

 

 

 

The segment went like that with fans asking Kyungsoo to act as she had made her debut on a movie and asking Yixing about her schedules in China.

 

“We have the last member of ACE left,” Hyunmoo stated and the fans that had yet to be chosen were at the edge of their seats. Luhan had chuckled at their eager reactions. “But before we move forward and choose the last fan, let’s see a video together.”

 

 

 

Luhan frowned and asked Baekhyun who was sitting right next to her, “what video? This isn’t in the script though?”

Baekhyun only shrugged as she was clueless too.

 

 

All of them faced the large screen behind the podium. Luhan, Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Yixing and Baekhyun turned their heads to view the video together.

 

 

The screen was dull black at first, with only backsound playing. Then, the faces of a crowd of young men appeared.

“Happy birthday to Luhan sunbaenim!!!” the group hollered loudly. “And also congratulations with the recent comeback! The song is awesome.”

 

 

Luhan’s jaw dropped at that. “Oh my…”

 

 

“Thank you for being a nice sunbae to us and let us call you noona. And thank you for the encouragements, advices and praises. All of us, Seventeen members, would like to wish you a happy and great birthday this year. And Baekhyun sunbae’s birthday is also coming up, we would like to wish Baekhyun sunbae an early birthday congratulatory too! ACE fighting!”

 

 

Baekhyun and Luhan shared a look of disbelief along with the rest of the members. The clip then continued with another familiar faces.

 

 

“Happy birthday to Luhan sunbaenim! Twice members all would like to wish you a pleasant birthday. May this year, you will be blessed with health and also greatness! Stay pretty and baby-faced forever.”

 

 

 

“Luhan-ah, remember me? I would like to congratulate you on getting older by a year. Sorry for not being able to say it to you in person because of the Phantasia concert but I will make sure to treat you bubble time when we get back. Sunny loves you most!”

 

 

 

“Hey ACE, congratulations with your successful comeback! And also, Happy belated birthday to the one and only leader of ACE, Luhan. Stay healthy and playful! But don’t be as playful as Taehyung. Continue to produce good music and we wait forward to working together again!” Namjoon, along with the rest of BTS members had waved to the camera.

 

 

There were more than 15 different idol groups wishing Luhan on her birthday and that sure surprised her. Well, her birthday had passed a few days ago and this wasn’t part of the script.

 

“You are very popular amongst other groups! Seventeen, Twice, MonstaX, Bangtan, Girls Generation, Lovelyz and even your seniors congratulated. How do you feel with all the wishes from them?”

 

 

Luhan’s mouth was wide agape, “I don’t know what to say… I’m totally speechless right now.” She searched for some plausible answer for the host. “I’m… I don’t know how to say this. Wow… thank you so much for the wishes and all. Remembering my birthday is already a great thing but… all these… is just a huge surprise! I mean, my birthday is a few days ago and I didn’t not expect any of this. Thank you so so much.”

 

 

Hyunmoo laughed at Luhan’s still shocked expression. “We have another surprise for you.” The host then walk around the place again, “Who’s a fan of Exo here?”

 

He was replied with shrieks from the female audiences. “Well, we are going to have a video call from the Exo boys right now. Are you guys ready?”

“YES!!”

 

 

The girls turned their head back to face the screen behind them and the first sight they're welcomed with was Kim Jongdae and Suho’s bare face.

 

 “Hello to Radio Star, we are Exo.”

The screams from fans were terrifyingly loud and Yixing cringed at the way Suho was mouthing a certain word at her direction. She mouthed back with her own native language. Suho chuckled from the other line and rubbed his eyes.

“Hello to viewers and also audiences there!!” Suho had greeted with a bow.

 

 

 “Hey Luhan!!”  Jongdae waved his whole arm in the air. “It’s been a whole month since we last seen you! Wow, you guys gotten prettiier!”

 

 

“Happy birthday, Luhan!” Tao managed to squeeze between Jongdae and Suho while waving his overly long arms to the girl on the other line. “I miss all of you so much!”

 

 

Even with the screaming of female fans and all the chaos going on in the studio, Luhan managed to spot a certain male, standing quite far from the crowding boys. Sehun had dyed his hair silverish blonde this time, Luhan knew he was going to have a comeback soon. He only smiled before disappearing like a ghost.

 

“Happy birthday Luhan, hope you won’t have a hard time handling the four ladies this year, unlike me!” Kris managed to scream out from somewhere in the background, causing the whole studio to laugh. After a few minutes of exchanging nice words with each other, Sehun finally made his way to the on-going video call. Jongdae handed the phone he was holding to the maknae and went off somewhere with Suho trailing behind him.

 

 

 

“Hey Lu,” Sehun spoke calmly, ruffling his hair in the process.

 

 

 

“Oh Sehun…”

 

 

 

“Hahahahaha, happy birthday. It seems that you’re speechless to see my handsome face? Okay, just kidding. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there on your special day.”

 

 

 

“I wasn’t even there for your birthday, pipsqueak. We’re even, so don’t fight me.”

 

 

Sehun pouted his lips, “I was going to give you a present but now that I’m in Thailand, the gift is going to be delayed so wait for me to get back. Probably, I’ll be in Korea in mid May.”

 

 

The fans were surprisingly silent at the interaction but Luhan could give the least of her care right now. “You can send it through FedEx or via mail. You know the company address.”

 

 

“The thing is, the present isn’t supposed to be sent through that. Fine, I’m going to spoil the surprise for you since you really want to know it that bad. Jjajaaannn!!! BUBBLE TEA!!”

 

 

Luhan looked at the wide screen for almost a full minute and observing the huge bottle of bubble tea Sehun had waved around in front of the phone he was holding. Judging from the color, it was Luhan’s favorite, taro flavor. “Why do you always have to do this to me? You know how much I love those…I hate you!”

 

 

 

The maknae of Exo had a sickeningly sweet smile on his lips. “The feelings are mutual.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes of nonsense chit chat and more birthday wishes from the rest of Exo members, the video call had ended. When Luhan turned away from the screen and faced the crowd, all the audiences were either raising their phones or cameras towards her. She thought it was weird but shrugged it off anyway.

 

“Now,” the host started. “After all the wishes and stuff, let’s move on to the last part of this segment. I will pick the last person to ask our leader not just one question but two questions!”

 

 

Hyunmoo moved around the stage for the fifth time among the participants who were practically begging him to choose them. He randomly picked a guy sitting at the far end of the room. The chosen man was immediately passed a microphone from the staff members and stood up.

“This must be a dream come true for me. Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I go by the name of Woon Shil and I recently became a fan of ACE. I have a big crush on Luhan for awhile now, I hope that doesn’t scare you away. Lately, I have always been curious of Luhan and Exo’s Oh Sehun relationship. Some media had stated that the two of you are dating. Is that true?”

 

 

Luhan was holding her laugh at the question.

 

 

The host seemed to notice Luhan’s expression, “Is there something wrong?”

 

 

 

“Nothing, I always think that it is quite funny and interesting that some people think that Sehun and I are somehow in a relationship considering that we have this frenemies status going on.” she chuckled. “Oh yeah, thank you Woon Shil-ssi for your question and welcome to the ACE family! And I’m glad to hear your confession.”

 

The male fan only blushed a deep crimson at the answer.

 

“Wait, what does frenemies supposed to mean, Luhan?” The host went back to his position and sat back on the couch.

 

 

“Sehun and I don’t always have the best relationship like what people think. During our trainee years, we were competing against ourselves to see who can sing better, who can dance better, who gets yelled more by the trainer. We always think of the other party as a strong competitor and that thinking only disappears when we debuted.” The rest of the members nodded at what the leader said as all of the statements are true.

“But in the end of the day, when all the practices are done, we will be good friends again. Because we entered SM at almost the same time and receive the same trainings from the same coach, we get along pretty well. We also share the same point of views and hobbies like playing scribble and such. And that often mislead people into thinking that we are dating or some sorts. If Sehun hear about this he would probably laugh and roll on the floor like a buffalo.”

 

 

Woon Shil asked again, “Are you guys good friends?”

 

“Instead of thinking of him as a friend or a brother, he’s more like a nagging nanny to me. But yeah, we are good friends.” Luhan answered with a smile. The cameras and phone was still recording every single word spoken.

 

 

 

“I have one more question.” The young boy said. “During the Annual Music Awards a few months back, I was there to see ACE perform and I was elated. Aside from getting front row seat near the stage, I could witness other idols performing. That time, I wasn’t sure if I see correctly but did you receive any dolls from fans? I saw you holding a plushie, I’m just making sure.”

 

Luhan immediately lit up from the question. “You mean little Hanhan? The chopper plushie from One Piece?”

 

The fanboy nodded.

 

 

 

“Ah, actually it was a fans’ gift for Sehun and I happened to notice the dolls first. So he ended up giving it to me cause I was the one who told him about the plushies. I would also like to say thank you for the fan who gave it to him. If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t have received it in the first place.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, on instagram…

 

 

 

 

OOH_Sehun_1994 uploaded a picture

 

 

3,571 likes

OOH_Sehun_1994   Guys, I have an announcement. Just after the annual awards a few months ago, I posted something about Sehun receiving my gifts right? And also I mentioned about Luhan from ACE helping me get noticed by Sehun and ended up receiving one of the plushies from him right? I have just one thing to say:  LUHAN HAD JUST MENTIONED ME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION SHIET SHE EVEN THANKED ME I CAN DIE PEACEFULLY NOW OH MY GOSH THE UNIVERSE LOVES ME! I MUST HAVE SAVED A COUNTRY IN MY PREVIOUS LIFE! (SHE EVEN NAMED IT LITTLE HAN HAN, I'M CRYING) I POSTED A PICTURE OF THE GIFT BEFORE TAKING IT TO THE AWARDS. I CAN BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH AND MY MOM WOULD PROBABLY SCREAM AT ME FOR LAUGHING LIKE A PSYCHO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT BUT HELL COULD I CARE? NOT WHEN LUHAN ACTUALLY NOTICED ME, O ! I am now a fan of ACE, no doubt!

View 397 other comments

EXOxoxo  Wow, I thought that you’re lucky enough to be noticed by senpai. But now, you have been noticed by 2 senpais… I ENVY YOUU!! I also want to be a fansite master..

 

LuhanIsBae  Hahahahaha, Luhan always liked Chopper. Welcome to ACE family, as Luhan stated on the show kkkkk

 

Chanbaek_please_getmarried  I’m waiting for the day when Sehun and Luhan confirmed their relationship just like chanyeol and baekhyun… She should have named it little hunhan tho...Makes me wonder, where is Chanyeol in the video call during the show?? No chanbaek moments T-T

 

Lets.love.  @Chanbaek_please_getmarried  SM probably locked him in the garage or something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

hahahaha, i almost abandoned this fic i'm a bad person

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUBSCRIBERSSSS AND ALSO COMMENTS AND UPVOTES I LOVE ALL OF YOU

i wrote thing during luhan's bday and i updated late hahahhha, i'm sorry

and.... a handsome sehun for everyone