Red Carpet

The Feelings Are Mutual

 

 

 

The blinding flashes of camera were everywhere. Screams of fans made it look like a terrifying scene from war zone but in reality it was far from the truth. Why are they screaming, you ask?Tonight is one of the biggest nights for musicians and singers in South Korea, its quite normal actually for them to be excited.

 

 

 

17th Annual Music Awards.

 

 

 

This show is the most anticipated event of the year and the number of spectators has increased drastically compared to the previous years.

 

 

Idols are walking down the red carpet adorned with eye-catching attires and greeted fans and reporters who were already waiting with a large smile the moment they got off from their cars.Various television channels came just to broadcast the wild atmosphere tonight.

 

 

"The weather is hot and humid but the fans aren't going to back down just yet, as more of their favorite singers walk down the red carpet." The presenter spoke excitedly to the rolling camera. She stood on a podium at the end of the red carpet that will be used as the interview section for all artists that passed the section.

 

"Oh look, EXO is coming our way!" The presenter looked quite horrified by the roaring crowds as she spotted 7 boys walking to her direction for a short interview.

 

 

Suho and the boys posed in front of the eager fangirls and paparazis with their signature 'we are one' hand gesture. After they were done, Kris led the way towards the podium.

 

 

"Good evening, boys. Looking dashing as always with black and white suits! Thousands of your fans had gathered here just to see you live, how do you feel about that?"

 

Kris, who hates answering questions, moved back to make way for Suho as he took Kris' previous spot. And as the leader of the group, the poor guy had no choice but answer it.

 

 

 

Sehun is in his usual indifferent poker face expression but little did people know that he is actually sleeping with eyes open wide. Yes, he is just sleep deprived. Blame the computer games for making him stay awake at dawn to finish a mission.

"Hey wake up," Chanyeol elbowed his ribs countless of time.

 

"My body is precious, hyung. Respect the tired body, will you?"

 

"They're here! They're here!" Chanyeol rarely gushes over something trivial and Sehun knows that very well. And the younger could practically see the adoration in those huge eyes that twinkles. Besides, the fans were getting louder and it piqued his interest. So, he turned around to get a better view of the red carpet.

 

Standing a few feets away from the podium, Ace were smiling and posing for the reporters and paparazzi. Well, they're here.

Finally.

 

"Baekhyun wasn't kidding when she said that Luhan was going all out for this event," Chanyeol whispered loud enough for only Sehun to hear and whistled almost inaudibly.

This time, the younger needs to agree.

 

 

Luhan was never the type to dress too much for any occasion (because she's already pretty in real life). Light makeups and simple dress would be enough to accommodate her appearance and be the envy of many.

But this morning, Sehun had received a LINE message from the said girl that says, "if you laugh at me tonight, I'm gonna strangle you, beat you to pulp and let monggu your broken bones." Even though scared, Sehun was also curious to why she would say such thing.

 

Never in his 6 years of friendship with Luhan had he seen her like this. Not even once.

 

 

With her dark long hair curled into wavy streaks and also with a long-sleeve white dress that reached her ankles, Luhan resembles a true angel. Her eyes were lined with dark eyeliner and Sehun bet she's going to ruin all the makeup before she reached the venue.

 

 

While Sehun was busy paying attention to his best friend on the red carpet, a certain Park Chanyeol was ogling at his girlfriend who was standing right beside Kyungsoo and Xiumin.

 

If Luhan's eyeliner was dark enough, Baekhyun's eyes were lined with the black kohl of eyeliner which is way thicker and her wavy blonde hair was styled similar to Luhan's.

Tonight they seem to grasp the concept of contrary as Baekhyun was wearing a black skintight dress that reached her knees, paired with killer high heels. They were the total opposites of each other. Innocent versus tempting.

 

The 5-member girl group looked incredibly stunning and sweet as always.

 

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh and rests his chin on Sehun's shoulders,"Why is their group's name 'Ace' when they could be 'Angels' instead?"

 

"Because Luhan hates being a dainty fairy princess everyone expects her to be," Sehun murmured. "Besides, Baekhyun is the total opposite of an angel with her loud and obnoxious voice."

 

The taller had hit the back of Sehun's head and received an indignant 'Ouch!' in return.

 

 

"Girls, look over here!"

 

"Yixing, I love you!"

 

"Kyungsoo-ya!"

 

"Baekhyun noona, let me be your husband!"

 

Chanyeol's eyes twitched and was really this close to walking off towards the fans section and hit the living daylight of that wretched fanboy.

 

He publicized his relationship with Baekhyun for a reason, you know. If it weren't for Sehun forcing him to stay put, he would really be on the cover story of TV news for assaulting a teenage boy.

 

 

"Be professional, I am professional." Chanyeol repeated to himself countless of time as Tao kept giving him a glare. While calming himself, he caught Baekhyun's eyes from a distance and the girl smiled and her eyes crinkled in delight as they had contact.

 

 

"Hyung, close your mouth before you start drooling," Sehun mumbled and pinched Chanyeol's hand hard.

As for Sehun, his eyes wandered back to the 5 ladies and landed on Luhan's flawless figure. For a split second, both of them shared eye contact.

 

 

And suddenly Tao was standing right in front of them with a frown on his face.

"Tao, you are blocking my view!" Chanyeol tried pushing him away to no avail. Years of training wushu has its perks because Tao didn't even budge.

Sehun tried peeking from his shoulders but was met with Tao's infamous cold glare. "This interview is airing live and I don't want both of you to be on the headlines tomorrow for shamelessly ogling at girl groups. Get your s together and stay still for just 5 more minutes!" Tao hissed to both of them and went back to his position next to Kris.

 

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks in frustration but obeyed nonetheless.

 

 

 

After a suffocating 5 minutes and 28 seconds of doing nothing but stare awkwardly at his dress shoes, Sehun was more than relieved when EXO was finally dismissed. He is grateful that other groups are waiting in line to have quick chit chat with the host.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The enormous stadium that was used as the venue for the night was already filled with anticipating fans, waiting eagerly for the ceremony to start. More than 50.000 had gathered inside and also out of the stadium since early in the morning to get a nice seat with the best view.

 

Sehun stares in awe at the monitor hanging on the wall of EXO's waiting room and witnessed the sea of light in various colors as the cordi noonas put on last minute touch ups and sprayed his hair the nth time.

 

EXO would do the opening act and also the closing for the award and he is sort of nervous. After changing to his performance outfit, he was then ushered to the backstage hall to get ready.

 

The backstage is in a total chaos. Crew members, staff and stage directors are fast on their feet to make sure everything is under control because there is no room for error.

 

The hallway is the worst section as it leads directly to the stage. Sehun found it quite hard to find s amidst the swarming of people everywhere. Well, he could spot Kris from afar courtesy of the height but maybe spotting the rest would be a problem.

 

 

In less than 15 minutes, they are going on stage and perform but Sehun feels like vomiting his lunch out from the anxiety and burden he is feeling.

 

"Oh my gosh I am gonna die I'm gonna die I'm gonna die I'm gonna die."

 

 

 

"You're not gonna die, doofoos. Stop acting like a coward and man up!"

 

 

Sehun turned around to find Luhan looking at him with mischievous eyes. They are both in the middle of the busy hallway and Sehun wonders how in the world could Luhan find him.

She was already adorned with colorful outfits, less makeup and hair already braided prettily.

 

 

"Thank you for the moral support, Lu." He sarcastically remarked.

 

"Well, that's what friends are for," she shrugs. "And to boost your ego, I'm going to tell you that you look nice tonight, Oh."

 

Sehun chukles, "I always look nice."

 

 

"You better kill the stage, Oh Sehun. Your fans are out there rooting for Exo and supporting you. Don't let them down."

 

The man smiles a little.

 

"Break a leg," she pats his arms.

 

 

"I don't know if you're asking me to nail the stage or really break my foot in the process." Luhan laughs at that.

 

"I'm not that mean, but if you did hurt yourself, that would be really pleasant." She smiled devilishly (but looked pretty anyway) and looked at her watch.

 

"Okay I gotta go now, I'm performing in 40 minutes and my manager might be pretty furious when she finds out I escaped. Again."

 

 

She turned to leave and was walking off but stopped midway. She turned around to face the male and cupped . "You'll do well, Sehun! Good luck!" She pumped up her fist and Sehun cackled when all the staff are giving her weird stares.

She raised the middle finger to Sehun discreetly and ran off to her waiting room.

 

 

"EXO, STANDBY IN FIVE MINUTES!" A crew called and Sehun found himself standing right behind a very large screen which will open when the performance starts. And all of a sudden he doesn't feel that anxious anymore.

 

Kai and Jongdae had gone to the lower part of the stage to prepare themselves as they'll jump out from the stage hatch when the opening song plays.

The rest of them were standing anxiously while trying to practice their own parts quietly. Even though the situation is nerve-wrecking, listening to the loudest fanchants and roaring crowds made all of them proud.

 

"Showtime boys."

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Suho stared at the tv monitor in their waiting room with heavy breaths and blank eyes. The exo members had just finished their opening performance and were sweating buckets by the time they reached their waiting room. Their ears are still ringing with the sound of screams and shouts from the spectators. Even though tired, its all worth it in the end.

 

Sehun threw himself on the couch provided and gulped down the whole bottle of water. Jongdae had joined the maknae on the long couch and watched the live broadcast of the show on the tv screen. "Damn I'm getting old. We haven't even reach the of the show and I'm already tired." Jongdae huffed.

 

The rest nodded along.

 

Mamamoo, Gfriend and Apink are performing right now as shown on the screen, doing the collaboration stage which was planned earlier.

 

Suho clapped his hands twice to catch everyone's attention. "Come on. Let's change our clothes and get back to the sitting area. We still are the nominees anyway."

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Sehun clapped his hands excitedly after the performance had ended along with the wild crowd.

"If Baek were here, she would probably fangirl so hard," Sehun snickered, knowing that Chanyeol is listening to him.

"Stop talking about that Daehyun guy again and shut up! But nevermind, I'm still her boyfriend anyway. In her eyes, I'm much more valuable. Jung Daehyun is just an idol for her."

 

 

 

"That was an energetic performance from B.A.P! After a long hiatus they are back on track with a new hit single. Now let's get along with our next performance." The MC looked at his script to present the next stage.

"Wow, nobody knows about this collaboration stage until the last minute, not even the fans or other participants. Not even me. This is the best surprise for tonight, please welcome, Bangtan Boys and Ace!"

 

 

All of the attendants were wide-eyed, mouth agape and mostly surprised about the next stage. Fans were louder than ever because nobody would ever dream that two popular groups in Kpop industry would team up for this event.

 

The stage dimmed as the lightsticks illuminate the dome-like arena. A figure jumped out of nowhere accompanied by white smokes and it happened to be one of the members from BTS.

 

"Oh, its Jin hyung." Kai mumbled.

 

"How do you know him?" The rest curiously asked.

The main dancer only shrugs, "Kyungsoo told me."

 

One by one popped up from the stage till the seventh member which is the last. The lights lit up and their faces looked more clearer. "SEOUL ARENA MAKE SOME NOISE!!"

 

Needless to say, the place turned into a war zone when the 5 familiar faces showed up right behind the BTS members.

 

 

Luhan was standing there with arms linked with Rapmon and Suga.

Sehun spit out the water he was drinking on Suho's face. "Thank you for the wake-up call, maknae."

 

 

Taehyung had his arm circled around Baekhyun's shoulder in a tight backhug.

Chanyeol's face paled and looked like he was about to faint on the spot.

 

 

Jin was playing with Kyungsoo's ponytail and they both smiled to each other sweetly.

"They are both actors. This is what they do best. They act. Its just acting. This isn't real. They are both professionals."

"Jongin, why are you talking to yourself?" Tao questioned as he saw Kai murmuring to himself.

 

 

On the stage, Xiumin puffed her cheeks like the cutie pie she is with Jungkook standing by her side and pinching those baozis affectionately.

Kris watched horrifiedly as Jongdae crushed his water bottle into nothing but a used, ruined plastic.

 

 

Yixing, Jimin and Jhope were involved in an intense dance moves together and they danced to the music first before everybody else joined the fun.

Tao and Kris stared at Suho who had slumped himself on the table, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

"It has been a great , right?" Hani, as the co-MC, asked to the arena.

She was replied with thunderous replies of 'yes'.

 

"But unfortunately we need to retire for the night." The MC spoke and earned many 'aw' and 'no' from the fans.

 

4 hours had passed and everyone enjoyed themselves with the performances and results. Almost all the nominees present had brought home at least a winning trophy.

 

All the singers are now standing on the humongous stage for the final song.

 

A certain Oh Sehun had managed to swerve between human barricades of fellow artistes when the presenters are closing the show.

 

When he found a familiar mop of dark brown hair, he approached the figure and leaned closer to the person's ear.

 

"Hi, pretty."

 

Luhan spluttered an entire sentence in Chinese before she realized that Sehun was laughing at her.

 

"Its not funny Sehun."

 

 

"It is to me."

 

 

"I was so shocked. Don't you ever do that again." She grumbled angrily.

 

 

"You look cute when you're annoyed. Just like a deer," he cooed.

 

 

" I. Am. Not."

 

 

"Yeah right," the guy scoffed. "I almost forgot, you didn't tell me anything about BTS!"

 

He looked so scandalized that Luhan felt herself laughing uncontrollably seeing his comical face.

 

"It was top secret project, no one knows about it except the two groups and the stage producer."She answered easily.

 

Sehun frowned,"did you guys practice a lot? I mean, the hand holding thingy?"

 

 

"Nope, never had any practice together in the past 2 months. Every discussion is only via videocall. But we had like half an hour a week to combine our moves and it turned out well."

 

 

"I'm your best friend, how could you not tell me!"

 

 

"Well, everyone had an agreement on this. Its not my fault!"

 

They are both standing behind the huge mass of people that's why they are acting like usual, far away from public's eyes.

 

They bicker on and on until the confetti popped, signing the end of the closing ment. The music cues and they start walking towards the fans in standing section for their goodbye stage.

 

While singing, Sehun and Luhan walked right next to each other that didn't go unnoticed by the hardcore fans.

 

Luhan waved to an enthusiastic fan that holds up a banner with a colorful writing of her name.

 

 

"Oh my gosh, Luhan noticed me!!" The fan shrieked loudly, causing the person standing next to her, who was holding a Sehun banner, to wave it around too. Unfortunately the ironically famous idiot was busy picking up confettis on the ground.

 

"Hey Sehun," Luhan called. The man looked up almost instantly to see Luhan motioning him to stand up. He did what he was told like an obedient little puppy.

 

"She's trying so hard to give you a present, try noticing more of your fans instead of the confetti papers." Luhan had pointed to the said fan.

 

When Sehun smiled to the fan's section and walked closer, he could see particular larvae, chopper and rilakuma dolls that he loved most. The fan was so shocked that Sehun had smiled to her and snapped a thousand photos with her camera. She threw the dolls one by one and Sehun managed to catch it like an expert.

 

 

"Good boy," the girl said when she saw Sehun hugging those dolls and walking towards her.

 

 

"Because now that I have larvae, I'm gonna give Chanyeol his rilakuma." Sehun stated calmly.

 

 

Luhan frowns, "you're not giving any to me? I noticed the dolls first, give me Chopper!"

 

 

"You are a grown lady and you don't need these toys."

 

 

"You are also a grown male you don't these toys even more."

 

Sehun grumbled and gave Luhan the Chopper plushie.

 

"Take care of it nicely. It still belongs to me."

 

 

She laughed and accepted it gratefully, "you know I love dolls. I'll make sure its clean."

 

 

 

Let's just say that cameras capture the most detailed things and shippers are one of the most skillful and keenest people out there.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

I made this like 2 weeks ago but I was on hiatus, so... I'm sorry And have you heard the news??

Btw, chopper is the one from one piece Thanks for reading!!