Of First Dates and Instagram

The Feelings Are Mutual

 

 

 

 

 

“Both of you will undergo a quick quiz now. We will test how well you know your partner.”

 

 

Sehun gaped with unblinking eyes while Luhan was left totally speechless at what the Producer had said. After their first meeting at the bus stop, the filming was far from done as the duo was given an address to visit. The destination turned out to be a house where they will be staying as a married couple and Luhan, to say the least, is not amused. All of them were gathered inside the living room of the said house, cramped with the PDs, screenwriters, a lot of filming equipments of cameras and recorder and also the staff who were placing cameras at every crook and cranny of the villa.

 

“But PD-nim, this is so unfair!” Luhan looked scandalized as she confronts the staff. “Sehun and I didn’t talk the whole way back, partially because of my fault, but how do you suppose we know about one another well in a few minutes time?!”

 

“Just let your instinct and feelings guide you,” the PD responded with a chuckle at how dumbfounded she looks. She was about to go forward and argue some more when Sehun took a firm hold on both her shoulders to pull her back which earned more laughter to the filming crew. They were bickering for a while mostly with Luhan complaining and Sehun trying to make her less stressed about it.

 

 

When both of them had calmed down, they were both given a piece of paper and a pen.

“We will only ask 3 questions and all you need to write the first answers that crossed your mind. Time limit is only 60 seconds. The game will start in three, two…”

 

 

“Wait, we’re not ready!” Sehun screamed while trying to uncover the pen. “Don’t do this to me!”

 

 

“…one. When is your partner’s birthday?”

 

 

Luhan was fast to scribble down her answer. Who wouldn’t really know Oh Sehun’s birthday anyway when the guy could practically mention it any time of the day… Sehun on the other hand seems relaxed and wrote his answers slowly and surely.

 

 

“Second question, what is your partner’s favorite food?”

 

 

This time Luhan and Sehun shared a look towards each other. What is their favorite food actually? Luhan gobbles anything that comes to sight if she’s not on diet while Sehun vacuums every food that is served in front of his eyes. There weren’t any term of favorites in food category, both of them like culinary. So with confused expression the two idols jotted down their answers hesitantly.

 

 

“Okay this is the last question, where would your partner be if he or she doesn’t have any schedule? I’ll start counting down now as the time is almost up and please submit your paper by then,” the said guy who directed the whole shooting said with a smile. Both Sehun and Luhan were so focused with writing their answer that caused everyone to stop and stare.

 

“Five… four… three… two… one… please give your answers to me now.”

 

 

Unwillingly Luhan offered her paper while Sehun wasn’t even planning to give his paper back to the producer. After a minute or two struggling with the idol, the staff finally managed to collect his answer and began comparing.

 

“We had done an interview with both of you before the first shooting starts and we will check if your answer is the same as what your partner had stated during their own individual interview,” PD-nim states. “If you get 3 of the answers right, we will give you a huge advantage. I heard both of you like bubble tea so we’ll give you 5-months supply of it for free only if you guys get all of it right.”

 

 

Luhan spared Sehun an intensive gaze that felt like an infinity with wide open.

“You know all the answers right? Please tell me you know me that well. This is the right time to put good use on our friendship.” Luhan was practically begging the guy and Sehun could only gulp uneasily. For the first and third question, it was a piece of cake. The second question is the hardest.

 

 

The producer cleared his throat to gather everyone’s attention. “We have checked the answers.”

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Luhan and Sehun stood next to each other to wait for the end result. “I’ll give up bubble tea then. I don’t think I answered correctly anyway,” Luhan murmured dejectedly.

 

Sehun nudged her elbow lightly to garner her attention, “Have trust in us, have faith in me.” Sehun grinned cheekily when Luhan looked up to meet eyes with the said man. Luhan broke out into a small smile and nodded with a slight shrug.

 

 

 

The producer was holding his laugh, snickering for a moment, before continuing with his words. “Congratulations! Both of you answered correctly to all the questions. And not just that, both you managed to write the exact words your partners mentioned so we will give you extra advantage for later use.”

 

That is a surprise.

 

 

“You like all kind of food?” Luhan asked to the male standing next to her, making sure that her answer and Sehun’s are the same. He nodded dumbly at that. Luhan had written ‘All types of food as long as it is edible and hasn’t expired yet’ and that was the exact words Sehun had mentioned.

 

 

“You like fast foods?” Sehun replied with another question. The male wrote ‘fast foods, unhealthy foods like McDonalds or KFC or anything with a lot of frying that satisfy her on her diet’ which happened to be the precise words in Luhan’s interview.

 

 

Knowing that they managed to get free bubble tea for the next few months, both of them hugged and jumped around in excitement while chanting ‘bubble tea!’ a few times like maniacs with a -eating grin on their faces. They are relatively young at age mentally and physically so don’t blame them for being a tad bit childish. After recovering from the previous elation, Luhan realized that she had been embracing her best friend for too long and realized how the staffs were staring at them quite fondly. She cleared awkwardly while Sehun could only rub the back of his neck with a sheepish smile after breaking the spontaneous hug.

 

 

“So, we passed the test right?” the girl asked.

 

 

“Yes, indeed. Right now I will explain about the new rules for this season’s We Got Married. For the next few months, both of you will need to live here. You may go back to your dorm when there is schedule up ahead. We know that being the popular idol-couple may stop both of you to do the activities and missions in public hence spending your time together in the house is also okay because we had installed cameras at every corner of this villa. But since this is the first shooting, both of you will need to complete a mission outside of the house.”

 

A staff handed them a mission card to the female idol and Sehun read it intently while hovering beside her.

 

“We should go on a date?”  Sehun asked in bewilderment.

 

 

“We know that it will be awkward since both of you are known to be close friends so we will give you 24 hours to adjust with the current status of being a couple by strolling around the city and date. And not just that, other mission includes going to 10 different stalls, get 10 different photos of your date and upload it on either SNS or twitter or other social media.”

 

 

Luhan looked troubled at that and Sehun decided to voice out her inner turmoil, “She doesn’t have any private account on any social media so what should we do?”

 

 

“Simple, make one. You can delete the account after the mission is over if you do not like to keep it.”

 

 

This time Luhan closed her eyes in despair while Sehun rubbed soothing circles on her back, knowing how she probably felt right now. Luhan, in one way or another, is not really fond of any social media, thinking that it is quite bothersome to her hectic schedule. But being in We Got Married is considered as part of her job, she NEEDS to make one.

 

 

“Time is ticking, you have 23 hours and 40 minutes left. Your destination is already written on the card.”

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

oohsehun started following 7_luhan_m                                               

 

real__pcy started following 7_luhan_m               

 

baekhyunee_ started following 7_luhan_m       

 

zyxzjs started following 7_luhan_m       

 

galaxy_fanfan started following 7_luhan_m    

 

hztttao started following 7_luhan_m    

 

 

 

With only 6 followings on instagram, Luhan managed to get more than 700 thousand followers just two hours after the birth of her instagram account. Fans were spamming her with photos, videos and stuffs. As Sehun had advised, she did not open to any of the tagged photos from her followers as there are more than a million of it.

 

 

“That’s a loooooottttt of people… 700k is no joke,” Luhan managed to say while scrolling her timeline on the phone. Sehun only snickered at the side seeing her amazed face. “but Baekhyun already got 7 million which is ten times than mine!’

 

 

 

“Well, get ready to earn more because we’re going to spam 10 pictures today and hopefully you won’t be bothered by the amount of comments. By the end of the day, you’ll get at least 2 million followers.”

 

 

 

They were just dropped off by the Myeongdong front gate that leads to the busiest shopping district in South Korea. Because they’re idols, caps, scarves and glasses are needed to cover their appearance or just to hold off suspicion as long as possible because fans have keen eyes and it’s about time people recognize the popular idols on their supposed ‘date’. Some by-passers are already looking their way not only by their suspicious attires but also the cameramen.

 

 

“Where shall we go first, Princess?”

 

 

 

Luhan shoved the phone into her pocket after putting it on silent. “You know I like snacks.”

 

 

 

“Takoyaki stall is our first stop!” Sehun declared while holding unto her hand. Luhan was too happy at the thought of eating to notice the hand-holding and smiled all the way to their first stall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Heol,” Baekhyun scoffed while glaring at the TV. “Best friends my !”

 

 

 

Chanyeol took a peek from the kitchen to see why his girlfriend is cussing the poor television in the living room. He smirked and went back to prepare the bowl of popcorn , “what did I say about cursing, baek?”

 

 

 

“But they always pull out the ‘we-are-best-friends-and-nothing-more’ card whenever their relationship is asked but now they look natural with the holding hands and whispering. How do you call that best friends?!” came Baekhyun’s enraged complaint. She was watching the newewst episode of We Got Married and almost cursed other worse words at her member's interactions. The younger had been forcing her to create a social media account since they debuted and it only took a few encouraging words from Sehun for Luhan to make one, that is absurd (for Byun Baekhyun).

 

 

The tall male strutted over to the couch with his homemade buttery popcorn and a bottle of soda. He plopped down on the seat and Baekhyun naturally gravitate to her boyfriend, leaning against his broad chest while the man extends his long arms around her shouler and embrace her in a one-arm hug.

 

 

 

 

“Why don’t we forget about them and start our movie date?” Chanyeol offered with a charming smile that manages to melt the girl every single time. "I only got one day free from schedules before comeback promotions start."

 

 

 

 

“Yes please.”

 

 

 

 

Thankfully for Lay, Kyungsoo and Xiumin, they had their own personal schedules away from Ace’s dorm to avoid the sickeningly sweet couple for the night.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

a/n : That was long as hell crappy chapt. i apologize for the lack of updates cause yeah school came to me and slapped me on my face almost legitly. Thank you so much for everyone who happened to find the story interesting or read-worthy i love all of you! to subscribers and upvoters and readers oh my gosh you guys are so nice let me give you guys some hugs!!!! the comments, as usual, makes my heart melts. reading comments makes me feel so loved thank you so much

i apologize for the mistakes and crappiness and see you on the next update