Should? . . . Shouldn’t?

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi . . . first of all, thanks for enjoying the story. but, as to remind as I mention since the beginning . . . this story is not mine’s. I’m re-write this story because I enjoy the story and I think it’s fun to put MinShin as the character.  I re-write the story and change/add/cut a bit here and there as to fit the MinShin. So, I do wish and hope everyone understand and can accept it . . . I know it’s not a great action to re-write a story from the original source . . .  My point is just to share a story . . . By the way, if anyone think I better stop doing this, I’m fine with it. Just put down your comment . . . I’ll accept it with open heart. Thank you.   : )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

“I won!! I won the Scrabble game!” Shin Hye cheered in joy and excited. She remember all the Kim was flabbergasted, but they pretended not to be – but they were! Their raised eyebrows and astonished glances became more frequent and less guarded as the game went on. She recalled the moment she got triple-word score with: SAXATILE.

Myung Soo actually broke out into applause and said ‘Bravo’. She smile heartily as she suddenly realise, although she and Myung Soo not really that close, but still, he’s the one who always treat her sweetly (in his own way).

“My name was entered in that Scrabble book!” She says proudly as she remember how Mr. Kim offered her the ‘winner’s glass of port’ and everyone clapped. She can’t deny that it was such a sweet moment.

Her smile fade away as she smirk bitterly. “Yeah, I’m cheating anyway.” She recalled the scene as she was in the kitchen with Mrs. Kim, while they tidying the kitchen after the game, as she suddenly asked if she’d ever thought of studying linguistic. “You’re cheating Park Shin Hye! How can she offer you that?”

She know it was a bad thing to do, and to be honest, she kept expecting someone to catch her out. But, she put the ringtone on silent and no one realized she was texting Min Ho all the way through. She did feel guilty for doing that. But . . . she just enjoying the moment. Enjoying herself for the first time while she’s with the incredible ‘Kim’.

 

Her smile widen as she think about her texts with Min Ho who is her saver that night.

How do you know all these words?

And he replied:

I don’t. The internet does.

 

Internet? I thought you genuinely know the word? That’s CHEATINGG!!!

 

He texted back:

You already crossed that line. What’s the difference?

And he added:

Flattered you thought I was a genius!

 

 

 

“Pabo!” She mutter in giggles. “Pabo cheaters.”

 

She know she’s storing up problems for the future. She know Min Ho won’t always be on the end of her phone to feed her words. She know she couldn’t possibly repeat the feat. Which is why she’s planning to retire from family Scrabble, as from tomorrow. It’s over now. 

The only person who wasn’t entirely fulsome in his praise was Soo Hyun, which was a bit surprising. He said well done to her – like everyone else – but he didn’t give her a special hug or even ask her how come she knew all those words. He even flashed her some kind of quick smile when Mrs. Kim proudly praised her. And even though he do said – I told you, Shin Hye’s brilliant at everything – which was nice, but she feel kind of meaningless too.

“He’s not the first person who cheered for me.” She say fruitlessly.

As a thought cross in her head. “He can’t be jealous of me. Is he?”

 

It’s about eleven now, and she’s back in her apartment. She thought Soo Hyun will ask for them to have coffee at the cafe nearby, during sending her back earlier. But he said he has preparation to do for a lecture tomorrow. So instead, she curl up on the sofa and forward some emails which came earlier for Min Ho.

After a few, she can’t help clicking her tongue with frustration. Half of the emails are reminders and chasers. He still hasn’t replied about a conference accommodation, or the dentist. Or the new Armani tailored suit waiting for him to pick up at his convenience.

“How can he ignore new clothes?” She protest.

She continue checking the emails.

“Hmm, there are few people that he reply ASAP.” She go through the emails as she found a girl named Kim Hee Sun, who runs the PR department. She’s very business-like and curt, just like Min Ho, and has been consulting him about some press launch they’re doing together. “So she’s the one who often cc-s the email to Seol Hyun.” She nods as she still go through it.

“Kang Min Hyuk. Who is he?” She ask as she found this guy asks Min Ho’s opinion about something nearly every hour.

“Oh, he’s the one . . . that day.” She remember as she read Cheon Ho Jin name. “He’s kind of important person to him.” She comment based on the emails.

Mr. Cheon Ho Jin, who’s clearly very senior and important, and is doing some work for the government at the moment. He and Min Ho seem to get on incredibly well, if their emails are anything to go by. They zing back and forth like conversation between old friends.

“What are they talking about?” She can’t really understand half of what they’re saying. Especially all the in-joke. But, obviously it’s the fact that Min Ho has more emails to and from this Mr. Cheon Ho Jin than anybody else.

Lee Min Ho company is obviously some kind of consultancy. They tell companies how to run their businesses and they do a lot of facilitating, whatever that is.

“They must be pretty successful.” She assume as in her opinion Min Ho company seems very popular.

She discover Min Ho been invited to three drinks parties, just for that week, and to a shooting event with a private bank next weekend. And a girl called Tiffany has emailed for the third time, asking if he’d like to attend a special reception to celebrate the merger of The Acadia and Paradigm Retail, at Ellui Club.

“Why he still hasn’t reply?” She click her tongue, thinking if she been invited to something so amazing, she would have replied instantly. “I don’t understand this guy.” She shakes her head. “Is it so hard for him to type – ‘Yes, please! Thank you so much! I can’t wait!’ – Aigoo!”

Rolling her eyes, she forward every single email, and text him:

Thanks again for Scrabble! Have just sent some new emails.

 

Her phone rings a moment later. She stares at the screen. Blink her eyes before pick up the call. “Hi . . .”

“OK, you’re genius.” Min Ho chime in. “I had a hunch Jessica would be working late. I called her for a chat and mentioned the issues we discussed. It all came out. You were right. We’re going to talk again tomorrow, but I think she’s staying.”

“Oh, really?” She pleased. “That’s cool!”

“No.” He says firmly. “Not just cool. It’s awesome. Incredible. Do you know how much time and money and trouble you have saved me? I owe you, big time.” He pauses. “Oh, and you’re right. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter