Chapter 8

My Co-CEO

Chapter 8

 

 

Park Ha Ni’s POV

 

As the car pulled up outside my parent’s house, I gathered up my courage, hoping my Appa didn’t look worse than before. I entered through the back door, leaving my bags in the entryway. I slowly walked through the house, noting the changes and smiling at the old things. I found my mother in her study, reading a magazine.

“Ahem,” I cleared my throat, trying to get her attention.

She glanced up.

“Ha Ni! Oh, I thought you were going to stay at a hotel and drop by tomorrow,” she exclaimed.

“Of course not,” I said as I gave her a hug. “I wanted to see you and Appa. Speaking of him, where is he?”

“Ah, he’s in his office right now. You came at a perfect time. He will soon go to sleep, so go now and see him.”

I thanked my mother and walked to my father’s office. I paused for a moment before the polished oak doors. I really, really wished that he won’t look any worse, but I knew I shouldn’t get my hopes up. I cleared my throat, and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” came a weak voice from within.

“Hello, Appa,” I said as I entered and shut the door.

“Ha Ni!” my father exclaimed, rising from behind his desk. “Oh, it’s wonderful to see you finally.”

“It’s nice to be back,” I said, hugging him. “How are you feeling?”

“Ah, I am fine, don’t worry about me.”

“Not worry?” I exclaimed, grasping his arm. “Appa…”

“Oh, be quiet, child,” he said, waving me off. “I am fine, even the doctor says I am.”

We sat down, and I took this chance to look him over. I saw more lines on his face and he had to walk slower than before, but overall, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

“So,” he began. “I take it you met your partner?”

“Ah, yes, I did,” I said, a bit hesitantly. “He’s an, um, interesting person.”

“Interesting?” my father said, raising his eyebrows. “How so?”

“Appa! Who even is this guy? He barely even said two words to me! How on earth am I supposed to work with him?!” I was ranting, but I didn’t care. The mystery of Tae Hyung was starting to seriously frustrate me.

My father muttered something about women under his breath.

“Ha Ni, you just have to give some people time,” he said. “Do you understand?”

“Yes,” I said, sighing.

“Good,” he said. “Now, I have a surprise for you.”

I glanced up at him, excited. “Really? What is it?”

My father opened a drawer and pulled out an envelope. “In here, there is the address and key to an apartment near the company.”

“Is that for me?” I gasped.

“Yes, it is,” my father said. “Your mother and I thought that it would be difficult and annoying to come all the way back here after work, so we decided to get you this as a welcome back present.”

“Thank you so much, father,” I exclaimed. “Oh, this is wonderful!”

“I’m glad you like it so much. Now,” my father said, standing. “I must go to sleep. Come visit your mother and me again soon.”

“Oh, I will,” I promised.

I left my father’s study, and went to say goodbye to my mother. Once that was done, I left to my new apartment. I was so exhausted from the flight and meeting all those boys, that I fell asleep on the ride. I hope Suga didn’t hear me snore…