Chapter 6

My Co-CEO

Chapter 6

 

Jin’s POV

 

After Tae finally sat down at his desk after worrying about his co-CEO, I began to think. I understood Tae’s worries, but I was more concerned about the girl brushing off Tae because of his youthful appearance and actions. Tae might act clueless and crazy sometimes, but I thought that he was actually really smart when he got his head out of the clouds. I turned to look at Tae so I could maybe say something to console him, but when I looked at him, he was looking at the door with a shocked expression on his face. Confused, I glanced at the door and what I saw made me understand Tae’s expression. In the doorway, there stood one of the prettiest girls I had ever seen. She looked like she was about five foot six, with loosely curled light brown hair and striking cheekbones. With grey eyes and a unique nose, she made me stop and stare for a couple of moments, which was odd. It’s not that I didn’t like girls or anything like that; it’s just that I didn’t have time for them, and I eventually stopped looking. But something about her captured my attention and drew my in.

When my brain began to function again, I realized that she must be Tae’s co-CEO. I looked at Tae to see if he would say anything, but the look an his face dispelled any thoughts of him speaking in the next hour or so. It was up to me, I guess.

“Anneyonghaseo,” I said, clearing my throat. “My name is Jin. I take it that you are Tae’s co-CEO?”

“Yes,” she said. I thought she sounded rather nervous. “Who are you guys?” she queried.

I made the introductions, pointing out each person as I went along. I saved Tae for last because I figured that she would only remember the first and last people. Besides, I hoped that he would be able to say something, but that seemed unlikely. I glanced back at her, hoping she hadn’t noticed how dumbstruck Tae was.

“Anneyonhaseo. My name is Park Ha Ni,” she said.

“You must be hungry from your flight,” I said. “How about we go get some food and talk more there?” I asked.

“Yeah, lets go... come on…” The boys spoke enthusiastically at the mention of food. All except Tae, I noted. He still hadn’t spoken a word. I looked over to Park Ha Ni, waiting for her assent.

“Well, I am hungry,” she said, smiling tentatively. Wahh… she has such a pretty smile, I thought to myself.

“I know a good galbi place in Busan,” said Jungkook. “Can we go there, hyung?”

“Sure, Kookie,” I said. “Lets go, guys,” I said as I turned and addressed the rest of the guys. Gathering up our jackets, we walked out the door. As I passed Tae’s desk, he still seemed unresponsive.

“Tae…” I said softly. “Are you coming?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming,” he said as glanced up at me.

Poor Tae, I thought.