Chapter 4

My Co-CEO

CHAPTER 4

 

            Park Ha Ni’s POV

 

 

            As I walked through the familiar lobby, I wanted to greet the receptionist who had been there since I was a child, but there was a younger woman in her place. There were so many subtle changes inside the company, with both the appearance of it and the staff. For some reason, it made me uneasy.

 

 

            Kim Tae Hyung’s POV

           

 

            When I got off the phone with former CEO Park, I was slightly anxious but mostly nervous about meeting my co-CEO. I honestly had no idea that it would be a girl, and the CEO’s daughter as well.

            “You guys…” I tried to get everyones attention, but it no one heard me over the music and their talking. “Aish… honestly… YOU GUYS!”

            “What do you want, Tae?” Namjoon asked.

            “Listen, so you know how I am going to have a co-CEO, right?” Everyone nodded in the affirmative. “Well, I just found out that it’s a girl. And she’s former CEO Park’s daughter.”

            “Wah, jinja?” exclaimed Jin.

            “I heard that she moved to the States and is going to college there,” J-Hope added. “Or was,” he amended.

            “Well, she’s here now,” I said. I really hope that she isn’t mean. I’d like for her to see me as a responsible adult, not an immature, childish boy who needs to be babysat. Sigh. Then I suddenly remembered something.

            “Hyung! What if she doesn’t like our music?” I frantically asked. “What if she thinks our music is stupid?”

            “Pshhh. Once she see’s me dance, our music won’t even matter,” bragged Jimin.

“Ah, shut it, Jimin,” groaned J-Hope. He turned to me and said, “Don’t worry about it, Tae. I’m sure she’ll be a nice person. And besides, we don’t have to tell her about our music right away, okay?”

“Arrasso, hyung,” I responded.

Now that we had gone over the important stuff, everyone went back to what they were doing. I simply sat behind my desk and nervously bit on my nails as I stared at the heavy oak doors. It was a bad habit, I know, but it helped me with my stress, so what could I do? As I stared at the doors, one of the handles began to turn, and the door opened…