Chapter 3

My Co-CEO

CHAPTER 3

 

Park Ha Ni’s POV

 

            As the plane landed, I gazed at the familiar landscape through the window. I wasn’t quite sure how to identify the feelings coursing through my body, but I was pretty sure joy wasn’t included. When I got off the plane, my phone immediately rang. I glanced at the caller ID, and it was my Appa.

            “Anneyong, Appa!” I said, forcing a cheerful tone.

            “Ha Ni-ah, how are you? How was the plane trip? Do you like the renovations I did?” I genuinely smiled this time. Since I was a child, my father and I have always been closer than my mother and I have ever been. Even though Appa would be busy with meetings and press conferences, he would always have time to play with his daughter. My mother wasn’t like that at all; with her spa sessions, shopping and evenings out with her friends, it was as if I didn’t exist.

            “Dae, Appa. Nothing interesting happened, I’m fine, and the plane was perfect,” I said, walking through the terminal. “Did you send a car, or should I take a taxi?”

            “Of course I sent a car. It should be there already. And I want you to go straight to the office to meet your co-CEO,” my dad responded.

            I glanced around, looking for our company’s traditional black Mercedes. I was about to say something, when I spotted a man in a black suit and sunglasses, leaning against a red Corvette. I wouldn’t have noticed him, but it was hard to miss the huge poster with my name propped up next to him.

            “Arrasso, I will. Oh, I think I found it, Appa.” I hung up the phone, and slowly walked over to the man. Thankfully, the man noticed me walking towards him, and straightened up.

“Anneyonghaseo, CEO Park. I am Min Yoon Gi. I will be your chauffeur,” he said.

Once I greeted him back, he opened the door for me. Slipping on my sunglasses before I entered the car, I managed to look more thoroughly at him. He had on a dark navy suit, not a black one as I thought before. Because he still had his sunglasses on, I couldn’t see his eyes. However, from what I saw of his face, he was no doubt very handsome. Suddenly, I realized that as I had been lost in thought, I had been staring. I quickly faced forward, no doubt a crimson blush staining my cheeks.

 

 

Min Yoon Gi’s POV

 

When former CEO Park asked me to be his daughter’s chauffeur, I was more than I little hesitant. What if she turned out to be a complete brat? She was a chaebol’s daughter, after all. Noting my hesitance, CEO Park showed me a picture of the car I would be driving. My jaw dropped so quickly that I was surprised it wasn’t entirely dislocated. I quickly agreed, thinking that no matter how much of a brat this girl was, being able to drive this car would be worth it. I went to the airport an hour or so early because I really had nothing to do. Staying in the car was most likely the smarter choice, but I wanted to show off the Corvette, and so I leaned against the car. Thinking a little, I decided to put on sunglasses not because it was sunny, but because I thought it would make me look cooler.

About an hour passed, and the CEO’s daughter still hadn’t shown up. I locked the car, and wandered around the terminal for about twenty minutes when I saw a man selling poster boards for people to write the names of the people that they were picking up. I realized that Park Ha Ni had never seen me before, so I bought one, wrote her name on it, and went back to the car.

Just as I was settling myself against the car to wait some more, I spotted her entering the terminal. She was talking on the phone, and suddenly she smiled. For some reason, my breath caught for a second when I saw her smile. As she walked closer, I realized that she was actually very pretty. More than pretty, actually. I saw that she had noticed me and I straightened up.

“Anneyonghaseo, CEO Park. I am Min Yoon Gi. I will be your chauffeur,” I said, praying that my voice wasn’t shaking too noticeably. After she greeted me back, I turned and opened the door for her. When I turned back to face her, she had already slipped on sunglasses. Once she settled in the car, she turned a little bit to look at me. And she kept on looking. And looking. She suddenly realized what she was doing, and quickly turned her face forward. Maybe she isn’t so bad, I thought.

 

 

 

Park Ha Ni’s POV

 

I was worried that once we started driving, it would be very awkward because of what I had just done, but thankfully Min Yoon Gi started talking first.

“Because we will be seeing a lot of each other, I think that you might as well just call me sugar,” he said casually.

“W-w-what?” I sputtered. “I don’t think I will be comfortable calling you sugar, seeing as how we just met.” I tried to say that as icily as I could, but I was still very shocked with how this conversation was turning out.

“Oh, no,” he said, “I didn’t mean for you to call me sugar, I meant for you to call me Suga.” He stressed the second part of the word. “It’s just that that’s what all my friends call me, and I’m not used to being called Yoon Gi.”

“Ah… Arrasso…” I honestly had no idea what I was supposed to say, so I kept silent all the way until we reached the company headquarters.