Party or not?

Don't lie to me! [Complete]

What I hate the most in this life is when someone lies to me, I can forgive people when they do other things to me but not this. Maybe because my dad lied me back when I was little and he told me that he will come back to us, but he never did, not because he died or anything like that, but because he got tired of us or because of that woman he's with right now, I don't care anymore, I used to, but he never did, so I stopped. My mom on the other hand is amazing, she never remarried and all her life worked hard for me, to make me happy, there was one time when she had two jobs and that was for like five years in a row, I don't know how she survived that, but it seems that it's hard to be a single mom. I have a part-time job, I work in a library, I help arrange the books and I help people choose books, of course, when they ask for my help and most of the time they do. I love my job, maybe because I love to read, others love to listen to music, dance or go to parties, but I am a little different. I would have worked there full time, but I am in my last year of high school, so not so much free time. If I am talking about my favorite music I can say that I like soloists like Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and so on.

 

“Honey, I am home!” My mom said, taking off her shoes.

“Hi there mom. How was work?” I said while giving her a hug.

“Well, you know, as usual, some people can be such idiots, but I am already used to this.”

“This is the life of a call-center woman, some people are nice some aren’t, but as well as I know you I am sure you managed to survive, this is nothing compared to what you have been through.”

“Aww Emma you always tell me such sweet words.” Mom said with tears in her eyes.

“Now, now, you are supermom, there's nothing you cannot do, and I will always be here by your side no matter what.” I said while smiling, trying to make her smile also.

“Em, you always have the right words with you?”

“Yes mam!” I said, giving her a thumbs up.

“See? This is why I love you, you always cheer me up no matter how hard my day was.” My mom said, smiling.

 

 

          Hi Em! You have some free time? I want to go shopping and I need you to come with me and help me decide what dress to buy for the Friday party.

 

          Hey. Sure, here I come. See you in 15 minutes in front of your apartment.

         

          You are an angel. Thanks!

 

 

“Hey Vivian!” I said, giving her a big hug.

“Emma! Are you coming with me Friday night? Please!” Vivian said, looking at me with puppy eyes.

“No! Why would I? No one invited me.”

“Come on, he invited everyone from the 12th grade. He sent an e-mail invitation to everyone. And before you say anything, I can tell you that your e-mail was on the list as well because I saw it. Yes, I had the time for that, it was a piece of cake.”

“But I don't even know the guy. He's in the same class as you?”

“Yes! He would not mind, imagine all the people that will be there, like he has the time to even notice us.”

“You know that I don't like things like this.”

“You never even tried going to one. Please, at least try, I promise you that if you don't like it, we can come back home.”

“All right! What can go wrong? It's just a party and we'll try and have fun.”

“Thankssssssss! You are the best.”

“Now let's buy that dress. Do you have something in mind?”

“Not that dress, but two dresses. Let me treat you with a dress, I don't get a “yes” from you every day.”

“I cannot accept it!”

“You will come ? I know that you have zero dresses. And no, you cannot come in pants.”

“Girl, you are headstrong. I will buy the dress myself if that's the case.”

“Don't! You know that my credit card is always full, even if I don't work, god bless my parents.”

“I have enough money to buy a fancy dress.”

“Will you die if I buy it for you, as a present?”

“Yes! It's not my birthday.”

“Girl, you are even more headstrong. Fine, buy it yourself. Let's go.”

“Go go go!”