chapter 8

It's All Start From There (BTS, GFRIEND)

Part 8

Yerin’s POV

 

“Yerin-ah!” manager oppa called.

I took the earphone off from one of my ear. “Ne, oppa?”

“I think I left some of my document, backstage.”

“Backstage?”

He nodded, “Oh, Seojeong has it. Can you go and get it from her? I have to go somewhere right now.”

“Arasseo… where should I meet you?”

“I’ll be at the backstage in a minute so…”

“Oh okay…”

“Thanks.”

He smiled at me and left.

 

I stood up from my seat and tell the other members that I’ll be right back.

 

As I was walking through the hallway, I accidentally bumped into someone.

I look up and in front of me was Hoshi from a boy group called Seventeen.

 

“I- I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“It’s alright, you okay?” He asked.

“Yea… I’m okay thanks. Are you… okay?” I asked back.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I should be more careful. Sorry.” He said.

“Ah, no. It wasn’t your fault, it’s me who should be more careful.”

“Oh, I was with my phone while walking so.”

“Oh…” I bowed my head down and found his phone laying down on the floor. I gasped. “You dropped your phone.” I exclaimed as I picked it up, the screen was cracked. “Oh, no… ottoukke.”

“The screen was already cracked. It’s okay.” He said.

“O-oh… you should be more careful then.” I said and give him his phone.

He smiled and took it.

I smiled back, “Then, I’ll get going now.”

“Okay…”

“Annyeongigaseyo.” I bowed to him. He bowed back then we went to different directions.

 

I arrived at the backstage and find Seojeong unnie (our assistant manager) were talking to someone. I approached her and said hi.

 

“Unnie.” I called as I ran towards her.

“Oh, Yerin-ah!” She called back.

“Ah, yeah oppa sent me here.” I said.

“Right, the document.” She said as she took out something from her bag. “Here.”

“Ah yea… thanks.” I took it from her and thanked her.

“I’ll be going now then Yerin.”

I smiled and nodded at her before she left.

 

She seems so busy.

 

I shrugged and turned myself around and suddenly heard some voices inside a waiting room since the door was slightly open.

 

I stepped silently to the door and I can tell immediately who these voices belong to who.

 

The one with the lower, deeper is V sunbae and the other one is… Eunha? I thought they were just outside our waiting room. No?

 

As I peeked in through the door, I noticed that V sunbae was holding Eunha’s hands.

 

I stopped peeking and quickly hide behind the wall.

 

V: (clears throat).

 

Is he going to tell her something?

 

Eunha laughed, “Why are you so nervous?”

“Wou- would you b- be my girlfriend?”

 

I gasped as my eyes grew wide. Did he just confess to Eunha? What?

 

It was silence for a while. I was nervous, but I still wanted to know what’s her answer.

 

“Sunbae…”

“Would you?”

“(chuckles) yeah…”

 

My heart dropped, mouth agape, it was all too sudden.

 

Did Eunha just accepted him?

 

V sunbae, who I like, likes Eunha?

 

Tears were suddenly streaming down my face without me realizing. What hurt me the most was his words were sounds like really serious and that… Eunha said ‘yes’ to him.

 

I quickly wiped my tears off and turned around, but I suddenly met with manager oppa.

 

“Yerin-ah, what are you doing here?” He asked. “Oh? Did you cry?”

 

I could hear the door behind me flung open and there showed V sunbae and Eunha standing right behind me. 

 

“what, oppa. I’m not crying.” I exclaimed as I hit his arm playfully, “Here the document you’re asking for, right?” I said as I reach out my hand with the document towards him.

“Y-yeah…”

“You’re welcome oppa!” I said and left. 

“Thanks!” He shouted, but I didn’t bother to turned around and keep walking.

..

 

“Guys! Okay… so we have a bad news.” Manager oppa said as he rushed into the waiting room.

“Oppa! When are we going to rehearse?” SinB said as she stood up from her seat.

“Yeah, we’ve waited for like nearly an hour, I thought it was 20 more minutes, you said a while ago?” Yuju complaint.

“I’m sorry guys, I forgot to tell you this, since I’m too busy walking around and-”

“Oppa, just tell us what is happening?” -Eunha

“We aren’t going to rehearse today. The rehearsal is cancelled.”

“What?!?” We all shouted in unison.

“Why?” Nearly all of us asked.

“Senior idols are doing it first since their schedule are really tight and they will rehearse until tonight.”

“But, we came here first.” Umji said as she pouted.

“Yeah, I know Umji, I’m sorry.” He said, “So now, you guys will have to rehearse at the practice room with the BTS sunbae. And we will have the real rehearsal tomorrow morning before the festival start.”

“Gwenchanna, the festival is starting tomorrow night, so we will have time. Right oppa?” Sowon unnie said, encouraging us.

“Yes… we will. Now, pack up your stuff and get into the caravan.”

 

..

 

“NOOOO! HYung! Stop it! Stop cheating!” V sunbae shouted.

“Yesss, I won!”

“(pouts) not fair.”

 

It was midnight, us thirteen are done practising for the rehearsal tomorrow. The rest are playing a game; play station in the middle of the room, while me just sitting here in the corner, listening to music with my body leaning back on the wall. 

 

I was closing my eyes to focus on the music that I was listening to and while thinking about something.

 

“Would you be my girlfriend?”

“(chuckles) yeah…”

 

My eyes popped open. I looked over to my right and noticed that both Eunha and V sunbae were sitting on the sofa, eating a bag of chips together while talking and laughing happily.

 

That really stabs my heart. I quickly look away.

 

Sowon unnie went over to me and asked if I was okay.

 

“Gwenchanna?” She asked as she sits down in front of me.

I smiled a bit and nodded. “I’m okay.”

She stared at me and gave me ‘I know you’re lying’ look on her face.

 

I shook my head and tears were nearly spilled out of my eyes.

 

“Talk to me, what happened?”

“Unnie….”

“Wae? Hmm? Talk to me, it’s okay.”

“It hurts… it… hurts, it, it really hurts.” I said in between my sob and clutched onto my chest.

 

Sowon unnie pulled me into her embrace. I cried and cried on her shoulder, until I realize that the room has become really silence. Only my cry was heard over the room.

 

I suddenly feel so embarrassed. I slowly let go of Sowon unnie and stood up. I wiped my tears away and stared over at Eunha and V sunbae who was standing right next to each other.

 

“Unnie you alr-” I cut her off.

“I’ll be back.” I said, not making eye contact with anyone. And went out of the practice room, bumping shoulders with some of them. 

 

enjoy^^

heyy! i'm back! sorry for not updating for so long T.T