chapter 3

It's All Start From There (BTS, GFRIEND)

Part 3

 

*GFRIEND*

Eunha’s POV

 

“Eunha, ireona!”

“Urhmm…”

“You said you have an appointment with-”

 

I wake up even before she finishes her sentence.

 

I thanked Yuju who woke me up then quickly ran to the bathroom to get washed up.

 

After I finished with everything I quickly went downstairs.

 

“Unnie, I made a toast for you.” Umji said as she walked towards me with a plate of toast on her hands.

“Umji-yah, gumawo." I said as i took the toast from the plate then bid goodbyes to everyone else.

 

..

 

Once I arrived at the company building, I ran as fast as I could to the office.

 

“Sorry I’m late!” I said as I opened the door while catching my breath.

“Come in.”

 

I came in then sit down. Then I realized that opposite me was Jungkook sunbae so I quickly stood up then bowed to him.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

He slightly bowed his head in return.

 

“So the things that you guys have missed is that you guys will be partnered up and sing a duet along with Jimin and Yuju.”

 

He said as he hands out booklets to the two of us.

 

“If you guys look through the page, you will see the stuffs that tells you guys what to do for the collab. Remix songs for your break dances, song lyrics for your duets and the performance setting up are included in there too. The practice schedule will actually start from tonight… at 10pm-onwards. But, the recording will start now right after this. Fortunately, you both groups didn’t have any schedule in this two weeks so we will use that 2 weeks for practices. It’ll be nonstop till the D-Day, since we only have 2 and half weeks to go.” He explained. “By the way, the choreographer and vocal trainer will be different, for collab only.”

 

“So, guys… that’s basically it. Work hard okay… hwaiting!” He cheered us up then looked down on his wrist watch. “I have a meeting right now… see yous…” He said before left the room.

 

We bowed as he left.

 

I continued looking through the booklet.

 

“I’ve never heard of this song before.” I said as I tilted my head while reading the song lyrics for our duet.

“Me neither.” Jungkook sunbae said.

“It’ll be really hard.”

 

He suddenly reach out his hand to mine.

 

“Let’s get along and work hard, shall we?” He said.

 

I stare at his hands then accepted it and nods while smiling. “Ne…”

 

“Let’s go to the studio…”

 

..

 

Jungkook’s POV

 

Once we arrived at the studio there we meet with Suga hyung, he will be the one monitoring us in the recording today.

 

“Hyung!” I called Suga hyung.

“You here.”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Eunha greeted.

“Annyeong… Eunha right?”

“Ne…”

“Right, so now we only need to wait for Yuju and Jimin.”

“Why didn’t you come here together with Jimin hyung?”

“He was still in dreamland…”

 

I chuckled.

 

Not long after we arrived, finally Yuju and Jimin came.

 

“Yuju-yah…” Eunha called.

“Hey…”

“You guys finally came.” Suga hyung said. “Let’s go now.”

 

We then went inside to the studio and met with the vocal trainer. She’s a woman, her name is Lina and she said that she’s been working in this company for nearly 10 years as a vocal trainer and said that only trained the trainees.

 

We then introduced ourselves to her then began the recording.  

 

-skip-

 

We’ve been recording until dawn now, to be honest we keep on making mistakes because we don’t know how the song should sound, like at all. Lina said this song is totally different than the original one, but same melody, and the lyrics are actually changed.

 

The first one to record was me and Eunha then after that Jimin hyung and Yuju.

 

“Jimin-ah, don’t forget to take a deep breath properly before you do the high notes on the chorus.” Suga hyung told. "It cracked before."

“Ne, hyung!”

“We’ll start again.”

 

*doing it again*

 

“Yuju, get the tune right.” Lina said. “You’ll have to go a little higher at the first verse…” She explained while demonstrating how it should be.

 

*doing it again*

 

“Okay, niceu we’re done here for today.” Lina said.

 

Jimin and Yuju then went out of the recording room.

 

“You guys worked hard today…” Lina said as she high fived us. “We’ll continue tomorrow.”

 

We all then bowed to her before she left the studio.

 

After a few minutes she left, the door suddenly burst open. Revealing the GFRIEND and BTS members. We all are ready to start practising for our collaboration. The choreographers are here too.

 

They all told us to sit and have a little chat before we start practising. We talked about the break dances for the collab while having fun too. He also wants us to get to know each other better first so that things don’t get awkward so easily.

 

“Right after the break dance, the lights will all turned off then GFRIEND start their own performances. You know what I’m talking about right?”

“Ne!” We all said.

“So duets, break dance then your own performances.”

“Since you guys are going to collab, I will not defend anyone.” One of the choreographer said in a serious tone.

“You don’t suit being that serious you know that.” The other choreographer said.

“Yah!”

 

We all laughed.

 

After 2 hours of chit-chatting and having fun, we then finally get ready for practice. I went to the changing room to change into a comfortable clothes. Sweatpants and plain shirt. Everyone brought several clothes, since we all know that we will not leave the practise room until the D-Day.

 

..

 

Enjoy :)