INTRO - Kwon Jiyong

The Melody
Please log in to read the full chapter

   2  

“INTRO”

Kwon Jiyong POV

 

My sleep has been disturbed by constantly ringing of my bedside alarm clock. I stopped my alarm and try to get some sleep. From the last few months I hardly get time to sleep due to my hectic schedule. The alarm clock had woke me up completely. I don’t understand why I set the alarm when I know that I don’t have any schedule for today. May be it is out of habit to set alarm every day. I went to my bathroom to take shower. After taking bath I put my pajama and t-shirt and went straight to my kitchen to make some breakfast. I have always been busy with my schedule and if not then I’m always at my studio making music especially during night, so my timing never goes like other people.

 I learned to play piano when I was six year old and often played when we have special occasion at our hotel to please our guest. My dad thought I will take over his hotel business being only son to my parent but he was great disappointed when I told him I wanted to become singer. Later my elder sister went to USA to learn hotel management and came back to work with my dad.

One day when I was playing piano in our hotel lobby just for time pass on my weekend I was asked to come to my dad office by my dad’s secretary. I was ten that time. I was surprised to see two people wearing business suit talking with my dad. They gave me warm smile when they saw me. Later I found that they came to talk about me to my dad. They wanted me train under them and make me singer. I was too happy to hear that and asked my dad for his permission. Although he was not that happy but he let me pursue my dream and sent me to train under YG entertainment. I never go to school as normal kid. I was home schooled and most of my time I spent at the company learning music.

 I still remember when I debuted as a singer for the first time on national television stage, the tears on my mom’s face and smile on my dad’s face; it was my happiest moment and my parents were so proud of me. My eight years of struggling paid me when I received award for artist of the year and best album of the year in the year of my debut. I always wanted to make different types of music so I work with number of music composer to learn from them and also go to work with overseas music producer so that I can make my music with great flow.

 After around half an hour I made my way toward my kitchen in pajama and casual t-shirt to make breakfast. I live alone with my dog. My butler and maid come to clean my house when I’m not around. My mansion is officially takes care by my butler. I make porridge mixed well with dry fruits. I take my porridge and grab coffee from coffee maker while making my way towards my living room. Usually I used to eat my meal in kitchen dining table but it is my off day so I wanted to spend my leisure time just like that.

I sat on my black leather couch and placed my coffee on the front table and start eating while watching television that is affixed at front wall. My living room is very wide and open. The white paint of the walls gives touch of classic while the huge crystal ball hanging from the ceiling gives touch of glamour to this room. The shelves on my left side wall is filled with my award and memento received from important people.

             From the last few months I have been too busy with my new album and concert. My schedule is too tired but I never complaint because I love what I’m doing. My passion for music is increasing day by day and it leads me to where I’m today. I achieve what I dreamed of but I always feel lonely so I spend most of my time in my studio and that’s where I feel complete happiness.

  I flipped through different channel to see what is going on around the world. I have to keep my knowledge up to date. I decided to watch MTV besides there is nothing important to watch and there my song is playing. Although it’s little bit odd to watch myself in TV but I love it. I can judge myself and try to improve it next time. After my song was over another song was played. I know the singer and also know the song. I acknowledged that song when it first released and from that onward I wanted to meet the song producer but no one knows who the song producer was. I sigh in disappointment and went to kitchen to wash my dish.

 I was sitting at one of the small couch with coffee in one hand and pencil in another hand at my balcony. Writing lyrics is one of my favorite time pass. The summer sun is unbearable but my balcony is located at the back side of my mansion and sun doesn’t reach there after noon. The back yard garden is filled with different types of flowers and hatches and it is so beautiful. I feel so peaceful while sitting here without any bugging from media. My phone rang and I saw the caller id, it was my manager. I don’t know why my manager is calling me on my off day and I silently prayed to god for not an emergency call.

 “Hello” I answered cheerfully “Jiyong… hmm… GQ magazine called me to ask if that is ok if they pre-pone your photo shoot to tonight?” he hesitate to begin his sentence and I knew my off day has ruined.

 “Isn’t that fixed on day after tomorrow?” I asked. “Yes but they said their photographer has some urgent work in New York and he has to leave by tomorrow morning.” He was still hesitating as he knows I hardly get off day.

 “It’s important right?” I asked as if I don’t know how important it is. “Yes. But if you already have plan then I can tell them to do it some other time.” he always consider me while making any emergency schedule.

 “I thought to go meet my parent but it is ok. I don’t want to pile up my work.” I told him. I live in same city as my parent but I hardly get time to see them. It has been almost two month since the last time I saw them. “Ok then.” He confirmed

 “At what time do I have to go?” I asked me. “At 7pm. I will come to pick you up.” He said.

 “It’s ok. I will drive. I will see you at the studio.” He always drives me wherever we go and that’s in company’s van and I hardly get time to drive my own car. It would be fun to drive my Lamborghini at night.

              I hung up my phone and continue with my writing. I cannot even complain because after all it’s for my own living. When I write lyrics I always caught up with it and I failed to notice what is happening around. I didn’t aware of my phone continuously ringing and when I picked up to see the call, it was my best friend Dong Youngbae aka Taeyang.

 “Hey bro, what’s up?” I answered with huge smile. “Hey... How are you?” he laughed at my excited voice “I’m fine. What about you?” I asked. “I’m good as always.” He said.

            “I heard you are abroad. When will you come back?” I have been so busy these past few months that I could not keep track of where my best friend are these days and I only got his news when I saw him in fashion TV this morning.“I’m in the city. I got back yesterday.”

 “Ohh… how was your fashion show?” I asked him. “It was grreat. I’m planning to do a fashion show here in Seoul for the fall collection.” He said and I got it from the tone that he wanted me to be there like always.

  “Wow… that would be great.” I answered happily. “Yeah I know you are busy with your album promotion but I wanted you to be there. Tell your manager about that.” He demand and it’s not new to me. He always demands what he wants from me and I do the same. We have been best friend since from kindergarten.

 “Did I ever missed your fashion show which held in the city?” I asked in a sarcastic tone. “Since you are so busy rite now that’s why I’m little unsure about it.” Yeah… he worries too much. “Don’t worry too much. I will be there. I want to see your new collection and who knows I might end up buying your whole collection” besides being my best friend, he is one of my favorite Fashion Designers.

“Let see then. W

Please log in to read the full chapter