New Project

The Melody
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Lee Seungri

It’s Monday and here I’m at college. We are having a free class right now as our teacher is on sick leave. To my great delight I put my head on my desk and pretending to be sleeping so that I can avoid my class mates to ask me any further question. Today seems like my freshmen day again. All the students are staring at me and I hear commotions everywhere I pass. Our party has been great success and the news is all over news paper and in news channel. My picture was shown in few newspapers along with my parents, my best friend Seunghyun and few other actors whom I talked with. One picture was with the singer G Dragon. Everyone is asking about him and some are asking about Seunghyun. My head hurts when they ask too many questions. My best friend is not helping either in that matter. He was the worse when the news broadcast. He called me and we talk for hours on Saturday morning telling stories about our party. He knows about my relation with Seunghyun so he totally ignored him. His main focus was the singer and he asked me how he looks in real and does he look hot charismatic as he seems in television? When he asked me about that I realized that he was really different from television. I hardly saw him in formal business suit. I always seen him in weird fashion attire with full of accessories. But when I saw him at our party I was totally amazed by his appearance. He looks so elegant in that black tux and the way he dressed I felt like he just came out from magazine photo shoot. He seems very polite when he talked to me and the way he smiles is totally captivating. I’m not his fan but when I was talking to him, I was drooling over him. I couldn’t keep my eye off him. I can’t believe that I embarrassed myself in front of him by tripping on his foot. He must have thought I’m clumsy. When the party was almost over I searched for him but he was already went back home and I feel little disappointed. This is my first time that I feel like I wanted to know more about that singer. I never paid much attention in the entertainment industries. If I wanted to know something than I directly asked to my mom and she would help me.

 When I met him I felt like I should know something about him. When we talked at our party we mostly talk about me and my college life. I didn’t even get chance to ask about him much as I was called by my mom. I’m very happy that our party has been great success.

            I spent my weekend at our studio making some new song. After meeting with lots of new people in the party I felt more inspire to make music and melody flows like river in my mind. I couldn’t stop myself to stay away from my safe heaven that is my studio. Although I couldn’t even finish one song but I write few song with beautiful lines. Now I think I should start making music for my 2nd album and this time I want some other singer to sing and for that I have to take off my mask which is not in my list for two more years. I may have to talk with my dad about that. I have to search for suitable voice to sing my song but I have few months to worry about.

             One hour free class had finished without any disturbance from my class mates and now we are having Financial Management class. Our professor is writing something on the board. I wonder how he could wear same type of cloths every day. Even though I m not into fashion but his outfit is totally boring. After sometimes he finished writing and he wrote about some upcoming test on those chapters which he taught last month. Every student were making noise and refused to give test on coming week. It’s not that those chapters are difficult but it’s been only one month and couple of days since we start our session. Our professor didn’t listen to us and said he already made the question paper. He is very strict regarding his subject but I have heard he is very funny outside college which I hardly doubt. Despite all the commotions our class went smoothly. He did some practical problem in class and let us do some similar question on our own. It feels like we are still in high school but it is fun and it takes my mind off from all the party stuff. I don’t believe that I’m still thinking about him and part of my mind is still disappointed that he didn’t meet me when he returned home.

             It’s already lunch break. I and Daesung bought our lunch and went to sit at our usual spot the corner seat. Lots of students are staring at me and I noticed most of them are freshmen and by looking at them I can tell that they were not aware of whose son I’m until they saw me in the newspaper. When I return their stare they look away. It’s really tiring. We talk on random stuff and he told me what he did on weekend. He still asks me about our party and I can’t even say no to him unlike my classmates when they asked me about our wild party I politely shut them off. We discuss about upcoming test and decided to study together on weekend for the upcoming test. It’s our normal routine to study together before exam at either of our house. I told him this time we will study at my home and he happily agreed. When I was about to finish my lunch my phone rang and I saw it’s my dad. He never calls me during my classes and I wonder what made him call me today although I m not having class right now.

“Hi dad” I answered my phone

“Are you having class?” he asked sounding little worried that he might have disturbed me in my class

“No dad. It’s lunch break” I told him and he laugh.

“How are you holding on?” he asked and I knew why he called me. He was worried about all the bizarre going on since our party night.

“Don’t worry dad. I’m big boy now.” I said

“I was worried about your college students’ reaction towards you.” He said

“I feel like I’m in freshmen year all over again.” I laugh

“I thought so.” He too laughs

“I’m ok dad. Don’t worry.” I assured him. I don’t want him to worry about me

 “What are you doing after class?” he asked

“Nothing, do you have any work with me?” I asked him

“I want you to come to my studio after your classes.” He said

“Ok.” I said and hung up. It must be important but I can’t ask him any detail in phone when I m surrounded by so many students.

“What was about that?” Daesung asked me

“My dad is just worried about me. You know with this entire news thing.” I said

“I understand

Please log in to read the full chapter