PARTY

The Melody
Please log in to read the full chapter

3

SEUNGRI

 

I’m busy helping our party planner to decorate the party hall. We booked one big hotel banquet hall to celebrate my parent wedding anniversary. I’m very excited about this coming party. I wanted it to be perfect in everything from decoration to catering so I insist to help them despite their objection. The guest lists were decided by my parent and the invitation card has already been sent. The party is in two days so I took leave from my college to help our party planner. We took almost five hour to decorate the hall and I feel exhausted and let them do the remaining work. I’m very afraid about the choice of food to serve to guest so I went to talk with the hotel manager but I have been given assured that the catering service would be perfect by him. After meeting with hotel manager I took a cab and went home while visiting the bakery shop to remind them about my cake order for tomorrow night. When I reached home I saw my parent were in living room talking about tomorrows program, while evening tea and snacks.

 “Hi mom, Hi dad” I greet them while walking towards them. “Hi dear” they both said in unison while my mother taking my hand to sit near her. Okay don’t judge. I’m always a mama boy.

 “I’m so tired.” I said. “I already told you that you don’t need to help them. They are great in their work.” my mother said. “I know but I want it perfect.” I told them. I want people to remember it in the future about the greatness of our party.

 “Don’t worry son it will go great.” my father assured me while my mother asked “Would you like some tea?” “I want coffee.” I said. I hope it will make my tiredness go away. My mother went to kitchen to tell our maid to make coffee for me.

 “So how’s your class going on?” my father asked me while sipping tea from his favorite cup that I gave him few years back. “It’s going good. The last month went like a wind.” I answered cheerfully.

 “Did you invite any of your friends to our party?” my father asked me. “No I didn’t.” I said. I didn’t invite any of my friends because I know how they will react when they see all those celebrity.

 “Honey, you should have at least invited few of your friends. You will get bored with all the unknown people.” My mother said while handing me coffee. “Mom, they will get hyper when they see all those famous celebrity so I didn’t invite them and beside I won’t get bored, Seunghyun will come.” I said.  Seunghyun is my first cousin and my best friend. We used to go to same school till he started his acting career.

 “Is he in town?” my mother asked. “Yes, he got back few days before but he is still busy with his current film.” I told them while sipping my coffee. We talk often in phone even though we don’t meet much as he is too busy with his film.

 “Did you meet him? He didn’t even come to meet us.” my mother said sounding bit disappointment. Seunghyun is her sister’s only son and she adores him like her own son. “No I didn’t meet me. He called me. He is really busy mom.” I told her.

 “I know he is very hardworking kid. It seems like he doesn’t miss his aunt anymore.” My mother said. Yes, he can be drama queen sometimes. “Mom, you can ask him when he comes to party. Okay?” I said

 “Did you decide what you are going to wear tomorrow?” my mother asked me. As being a celebrity herself; she pays lots of attention in cloths.“I thought to wear the tux you brought from Paris last time.” I told her.

 “Yeah that tux is beautiful. But if you want to go shopping then we can go tomorrow.” she suggest

 “It’s ok mom. I don’t want to go shopping.” I told her. I really liked that tux she bought for me and I think it’s perfect for the party. “Ok then.” my mother said

 “Dad, did you decide about your attire?” I asked my dad even though I know my mother has already decided about his suit. “Your mother has already decided what I’m going to wear tomorrow. She didn’t even ask my opinion.” My dad said while teasing my mother

 “I want to match your tuxedo with my dress and beside I asked your opinion. You are making me bad in front of our son.” My mom replied with a hint of teasing to my dad.

“Mom, tomorrow we have to go to venue before few hours’ right?” I asked. “Yes. We have to check all the things before all the guest come.” my mother said. “I’m so tired. I’m going to take some nap.” I said and went to my room.

“Go and take some rest. Tomorrow will going to be a long day.” My dad said behind my back.

 I really need to take hot shower so without wasting a single minute I grab my bathrobe from my closet and went to bathroom. It was indeed pleasant when the hot water touched my body. I feel much better after the shower. My exhaustion has also drained away yet I climbed on my bed and decided to take some nap.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Please log in to read the full chapter