INTRO - Lee Seungri

The Melody
Please log in to read the full chapter

 1

 “INTRO”

Lee Seungri POV

It was already morning when I felt like I just closed my eyes. My bedside alarm woke me up to my great dismay. Morning sun rays hit my eyes through my window and reluctantly I had to open my eyes. I pulled my blanket over my head to avoid the sun rays. I shouldn’t have stayed late last night knowing I have to go to college today. My summer break is over and today is my first day of my new session. I cannot stay like this in bed forever; I need to get ready for my college. I got up and look around my room; the one of my favorite place. Most of the interiors were designed by my own. The walls of my room were painted with ivory white and little touched up with gray and black. The King sized bed has been placed in the middle of my room along with lots of soft cushion and few soft toys. Yeah I like soft toys a lot especially panda. The right side wall of my room is covered with huge glass window that is well decorated with pearl white curtain, and from there pedestrian walkways and bicycle path can be seen on the side of Han River; the beauty of our city. The couch was elegantly placed at the end of the room making more sophisticated and classy. My study table and computer were at the left side of my room. Overall it is perfect for someone like me.

            I made my way towards my bathroom to take shower and it took me around twenty minutes. After putting my soft bathrobe I went to my walk-in closet which is attached to my bedroom and is of half sized of my bedroom. It is filled with numerous of clothes for every occasion from across the world along with bags, shoes, and accessories. Yes, I’m indeed very fortunate being an only child of my parent.

 I’m Lee Seungri, son of Mr. Lee Taeyeon and Mrs. Lee somin. My dad is reputed music director and my mom is famous actor singer. They are very busy with their schedule but they never failed to give me their time when I needed them and for that I feel very lucky. Unlike other celebrity kid I never yearn for my parents love and time because they always give me.

I look around my closet and tried few set of clothes to wear today. After trying few set of cloths, at last I decided to wear my new faded jeans, which my mom got me from Italy and white T-shirt, which I recently bought from nearby shopping mall. I put Nike Air Max which are well matched with my jeans and put bracelet on my left hand along with my watch. I try to blend in to my best to avoid attention from our college student as they know whose son I’m and they try to ask me gossip about celebrity as if I know them personally.

When I first joined my college, the first few weeks were bizarre. Students stared at me all the time and I hears commotion whenever I passed by them. I was thankful that my friend from high school was with me. I looked at my mirror and gave a satisfied smile. I grab my books and pen from my study table and put it in my school bag and climb down the stairs towards kitchen.  

            When I enter our kitchen, our maid greets me with a warm smile. Our maid takes care of me ever since I was a kid and pamper me like her own son. She is like my second mom and she knows me from head to toe. She served me my favorite breakfast that is pancake dipped in honey and chocolate syrup and asked me whether I want milk or juice and I chose juice.

 “Mrs. Kim, if you keep on making this kind of breakfast then I will become very fat” I teased. “Seungri-ah, it’s your growing period. You have to eat a lot. Don’t worry about your body”.  Yeah I’m nineteen and the elder always says this is our growing period. But they don’t notice the growing fat on my belly which I try my best to cut down by going to gym often.

            “What if my friend starts calling me fatty?” I asked again with a pout. “They won’t. Now eat and get going. I’m sure you don’t like being late on your first day.” she said without even looking at me as she was busy making something on stove.

            “Ok. Did Mr. Kim arrive? Does he know my college is starting from today?” I asked. “I told him last night and right now he is waiting for you outside.” she said still looking at the stove.

“Could you tell my mom that I already went to college? I don’t want to wake her up. She came back pretty late last night.” I told her. I know my mom has been busy from last few months working on one of her new movie. I decided to leave without seeing my mom but I felt someone hug me from behind and I knew who that was.

 “Are you going to college without even seeing me?” my mom asked me. She is still in him night gown. “Good morning mom. I thought you were sleeping and I didn’t want to disturb your morning sleep” I said.

“I’m not like you sleepyhead and beside today is your first day after summer break, I had to see you before you leave.” She never missed my first day whether it is my college or high school or middle school. She always greets me unless she is overseas.

 “Mom, you sound like it’s my first time. By the way, when will be dad home?” I asked still clinging to her embrace. “Why? Do you have some work with him?” she asked

            “I just want to ask him to bring me some chocolate.” I love European chocolate which is too bitter but sweet to my tongue. How ironic? “He knows you love chocolate so he will definitely buy for you.” he said

 “Ok mom then I will be going. I’m getting late.” I kissed my mom cheek and left the kitchen.

 Mr. Kim, our driver was waiting for me near our front gate. He politely bows and greets me when he saw me walking toward him. He opened the car back door and I climbed in after greeting him. From my childhood I have been taught to respect elder and treat nicely to other people so that I can be treated in the same way. I always treat nice with our maid and servant. Our driver is our maid’s husband. The couple work for us since I was kid.

  I got my driving license this summer break but I’m not allowed to drive. Since it has only been one month, my parents are afraid to let me drive. They said it’s too dangerous. They said not till I reach 20. I can’t do anything besides waiting for my 20th birthday which seems too far for me. I put headphone in my ear and shuffle my I-pod to listen random music. I was in front of my college in a matter of time. I collect my things and told my driver that I will call him to inform at what time he will have to pick me up. I don’t know my new class time schedule yet. It is probably put in the noticed board. He bowed and left.

            I go to one of the best business school of our country. I get into through my excellent high school result. When I first told my parent that I wanted to go to this college, they were surprised. They know I’m good in studies but they never thought that I would like to go to business school. If I told

Please log in to read the full chapter