The tale of how I got pissed off.

Love at First Note

Author's note - Hey beautiful people! <3

From now on, to avoid confusion, we'll call Taeyeon's REAL mother as "Mother" and adopted mother as "mom." as for Taeyeon's real father, we'll call him "father" and his adopted father as "Dad"

Also i'm so sorry for those people who want Min na to leave hehe, but to make the story more interesting i had to keep her for quite a long time. Don't worry, she'll get less annoying. (MAYBE?!) ihihihi we'll see

as for Kyuhyun and Changmin, in this chapter you'll see some inteseness between them, but no worries everything will work out in the end. I know in this chapter changmin looks like the hero, and not Kyu, but this is only the starting of the drama. I won't spoil anything for you right now, but yeah you'll have to stay tuned!

If there's any mistake, then i'm sorry! :(

 

please anjoy and comment.

Love ya!

--------------

I asked Si Won what he thought about Min Na (while she was out, I didn’t know what she was doing, probably flirting with every guy she sees) Anyway, here’s our whole conversation.

 

“Oppa, what do you think of her?”

 

“Who?” He smiled, stirring his black coffee.

 

“Min Na, of course.”

 

“She’s adorable.” He smiled, showing his dimples.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

I wasn’t surprised though. Si Won loved cooking. If there was anything he enjoyed other than playing the piano, it would be cooking. Since Min Na came to our house, she invaded the kitchen a lot and she was really undeniably great at cooking. Her cooking skills could match even moms, so Si Won enjoyed cooking with her. He wouldn’t ever invite me to the kitchen (due to several accidents, based on experience).

 

“How much do you like her?”

 

“Why are you suddenly asking me this?”

 

“Just curious.”

 

“Are you jealous?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then?”

 

“I told you, I’m curious.” I said, getting slightly annoyed.

 

“She’s nice. That’s all I can say.”

 

“You’re lying to me. You would never lie to me before.”

 

“Taeyeon, I’m not lying to you.”

 

“I don’t like it when you call me Taeyeon.”

 

“Well, it’s your name now.”

 

“Yeah, to everyone else, it is. But I want you to call me like how you used to call me… you know, Soo Jin, or Jinnie, or Soo Jinnie, or kitty cat. It doesn’t matter. But, not Taeyeon. It makes me feel… like you’re not my brother anymore.”

 

“Well, I’m not.”

 

“You’re beginning to sound like my father!” I said furiously.

 

“Well maybe he’s right.”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!” I began to yell. He was getting on my nerves. Why couldn’t he just tell me, what was wrong with him? Why is he acting so different?

 

“Why are you acting so different?!” He asked.

 

“I’m not. I have not changed. You have! The moment Min Na stepped into our house you’ve been acting as if she’s a freaking goddess. You would practically worship her if you weren’t so religious!” I retorted. “You love her more than you do to me!”

 

Si Won stayed speechless.

 

 

I spent the whole week crying while re-watching Winter Sonata drama again on our DVD. It reminded me of Kyuhyun’s piano playing every time “My Memory” comes up and it made me tear up harder. I didn’t know what was going on with me. I was insane. Why did I agree to torture myself?

 

It was already time to get ready for Orchestra concert and I rushed to my room to tidy myself up. I looked like a mess. Si Won complained when he saw tissues flying everywhere in our TV room. My face was bloated and my eyes were red, it was as if I turned back time when we had a cat and I was sneezing the whole day, because I looked exactly like back then.

 

I decided to wear something formal that day, after the experience with Hyo Rin unni, I didn’t want to be underdressed. So I wore a black mini dress with golden straps and details to match my golden blonde hair, and I wore gold pumps to match as well. I decided to keep it simple and not wear any accessories other than my clutch and I was ready to go. I also didn’t wear thick make up because I didn’t want to overdo myself and looked as if I tried to hard.

 

 It took quite a long time for me to decide what to wear, but it didn’t matter because Min Na had been gone the whole day that day and she didn’t even bother me or complained or made fun of me.

 

This time Si Won didn’t send me to Seoul Arts Centre (because of our fight) but Changmin picked me up instead. He told me that Professor Lee and Hyo Rin unni would be waiting there. “Why are you wearing that?” He asked, taking a quick glance at my dress then focused on the road again.

 

“I don’t know how to answer your question.” I answered honestly.

 

“Well, you look good. Is there anyone you want to impress? It’s Professor Lee, isn’t it?”

 

“Surprisingly, no… it’s not professor Lee.” I said.

 

We got to the place quite late because of a traffic jam, but we made it and we took our seats on the fourth row, and the lights were already off, the orchestra began playing their first song. It was soothing and really nice, but I noticed Changmin yawning quite a few times beside me, which made me laugh a bit.

 

The third song they performed ended rather quickly and the lights were dimmed again, and a few minutes later, there was a bright blinding light focused on the centre of the stage, where the piano stood, and a familiar man sat stoned, not moving an inch.

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes or my ears when I heard the man playing “My Memory”… and I later realized that it was Kyuhyun… Yes, Cho Kyuhyun. I think I got the shock of my life.

------------------------------------------------------

 

“Well, that was nice, wasn’t it?” Professor Lee asked, smiling. He looked very handsome in his suit, and his hair was neatly styled. Beside him stood Hyo Rin unni, wearing a y red mini dress with her hair tied neatly in a stylish bun. She smiled and nodded her head.

 

Oh and guess who I saw right at that moment? Kim Min Na and Cho Kyuhyun. His hands were wrapped in hers and she was giggling away like she always does. “Oh my goodness, Taeyeon! What are you doing here?”

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

 

“Kyuhyun asked me to come. How nice, isn’t it? I didn’t know he plays piano! I was pleasantly surprised, of course. Oh and Changmin, Mr. Lee and Miss Yoo, You’re here too?”

 

“Yeah, hello.” Professor Lee greeted in a friendly manner while Changmin only merely smirked.

 

“Wow, on a double date, is it?” She winked.

 

“Yes.” Changmin answered quickly. His eyes glaring towards Kyuhyun’s and he glared back intensely. I looked at him in shock. What the hell was he talking about? Half of me wanted to slap him in the face, but another half of me thanked him. I have no idea why. Changmin placed his arms around my shoulder and smiled.

 

Kyuhyun decided to say nothing, but he looked at me in the eyes, hoping I would do some explaining. I did the same to him, hoping he would explain. Min Na flirted towards Changmin and Professor Lee a little bit more (yuck) then dragged Kyuhyun somewhere else. I tried not to throw my six inch high heels at her, so I could say that she was quite lucky.

 

Changmin took me home again, and he told me something that caught me by surprise. “He doesn’t like her.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Kyuhyun doesn’t like your sister, so stop crying.” He said in a flat tone, as if he was uninterested.

“I’m not crying.”

 

“You’re not now, but I bet you will as you get home.”

 

“What are you yapping about, Changmin?”

 

“You like him, I can tell.”

 

“You think that you know me but really, you don’t.”

 

Damn, what’s with everyone getting on my nerves these days? First it was my father, then it was Min Na, then it was Si Won, and then Kyuhyun, now it’s Changmin?

 

“I’m sorry.” He said.

 

We stayed silent for a few minutes, he stopped the car as we reached a red light. It was raining that night and the only sound we could hear was the wiper swinging back and forth.

 

“Changmin…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“If it’s not a bother… can we stop at Seoul Medical Hospital instead?”

 

“It’s late. You should go and rest.”

 

“Please?”

----------------------------------------------

 

There I was, standing beside the bed of my dad, with Changmin next to me. My dad was asleep, snoring loudly. I just stood there, not moving an inch. I touched his hand softly to avoid him from waking up.

 

We left, and went back home.

 

“I don’t like her either.” Changmin suddenly said. “I don’t like Min Na. She’s too happy.”

 

I smiled, already unbuckling my seatbelts to leave. He continued saying; “I heard from Min Na it’s going to be your birthday and hers, and your brother’s Hyun Seung in the next two days…”

 

I stared at him for a minute. Of course… it had to be, since we’re triplets. I’ve never known my real birthday before. For this past 2 decades, I’ve been celebrating my birthday on the 22nd of December, which was exactly 1 week from then. It was also my late grandmother’s birthday. Grandmother was mom’s favourite person in the world.

 

I guess my real birthday is on 17th of December.