Beginnings

Love at First Note

TAEYEON'S POV

"Okay, break a leg." I hugged my brother who insisted that he was calm but I knew that he was silently nervous.

"I'm not planning on doing that, but thanks little sis." He patted my head as if i was a little kid. "Is it me or is it that you're getting shorter these days?"

"Shut up. Now i'm really hoping that you'd break your leg." I giggled. He smiled nervously. I knew he was sick. I was only trying to make him laugh. It was his dream to perform in front of 3,000 people and this was his chance. I'm not going to let one tiny cold to stop him from performing.

I patted his shoulder and said "hwaiting" when the crew asked him to get ready.

"2 minutes!" They reminded him.

"Duty calls." I cooed.

"You better go now," My brother said, smiling. "I wouldn't want you to miss my grand entrance."

"Pffttt." I scoffed.

I rushed out of the backstage and went to the auditorium where my best friend, Tiffany was saving me a seat in front of the stage. "Thanks." I whispered.

The auditorium hall's lights dimmed and the MC introduced my brother, who stood dashingly in a tuxedo.

"Choi Si Won." the MC said, and the crowd clapped their hands. Tiffany and I laughed. The person behind us hissed, giving us a warning that we should be quiet.

Si Won went towards his grand piano and started playing. It was so soothing and melodious. I couldn't stop giggling though, because i could see how nervous my brother was.

"Excuse me, this is your fourth time, miss. Some of us are trying to concentrate." The man behind me whispered. I turned around but i couldn't see his face because the auditorium was too dark. I asked him to mind his own business.

The show went on and Si Won didn't stop playing. He was good at it. He was good at keeping on playing, his hands are like magic. Slowly I started to doze off.

I felt a nudge on my shoulder. It was the man behind me again. "Miss, wake up. You were snoring."

"I don't snore." I spat back at him.

"You did. Didn't she?" He asked Tiffany who was beside me. Tiffany gave him a look.

"You were wrong. Soo Jin doesn't snore." Tiffany said calmly. I looked at the man proudly and gave him a tiny smirk.

"See?" I said.

The show ended a few minutes after. Si won's hand swiftly pressed the last note on the keys and then smiled. He stood up handsomely and gave a small wave to his fans. I went crazy and screamed "YEAAH~"

It was awkward because everyone was so calm and they thought i was crazy when i screamed. Si Won who saw what happened, just laughed.

"Soo Jinnie, sit down. This isn't a rock concert. It's a piano recital. Be more lady-like!" Tiffany said, pulling my arm.

"That's what I've been trying to tell her this whole time!" The person behind me said.

I was about to make a mean comeback but Si Won grabbed the mic to say something. "Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for coming to see my recital today. I'm so touched. Everyone that made time to see me perform... I'd like to say thank you again. Honestly i wasn't feeling so well but my dear sister took care of me without fail and insisted that i should work hard and not to disappoint my fans. So I'd also like to thank Choi Soo Jin, my sister for encouraging me tonight and always being there for me."

I blushed as everyone turned their eyes on me. I smiled thankfully and mouthed 'you're welcome' to Si Won.

The lights were on again and everyone started to leave. Tiffany excused herself to go to the ladies' room.

I stood up and took my coat and handbag when a man approached me. "Hi. I'm Cho Kyuhyun... the man who sat behind you."

"Hmm." I snobbishly said. I examined his face. He was sort of handsome. Okay, scratch that he is definitely handsome. But i kept my face calm and uninterested.

"I-I'd like to apologize if i seem a bit rude. I didn't know you were Choi Si Won's sister." He said. He waited for me to reply, but because i didn't, he continued to stammer. "I-I'm his big fan. I'm an aspiring pianist. It's just... I'm really amazed by Choi Si Won-sshi. He's famous in Korea and also working on a project with the greatest pianist in the industry..."

"I'm quite aware of that, you don't have to remind me, thanks." I said, trying to leave.

"Wait, Soo Jin sshi. I mean, Choi Soo Jin sshi. You don't understand... i said I'm an aspiring pianist."

"Oh, you are mistaken, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun sshi. I understand that part very well indeed. I'm just not interested enough to respond to that or to pretend that i care."

He was taken aback by my response and he stayed silent for a few minutes.

"I'm assuming we're done talking." I said.

"W-wait."

"What's going on?" Si Won suddenly came from behind. He placed his arm around my shoulder, looking confused.

"This guy is your stalker." I childishly said.

Si Won laughed.

"I-I'm Kyuhyun. I'm a big fan of yours. What she said is not true. I do not stalk you... I'm just your big fan."

"Don't worry, Kyuhyun sshi. Soo Jin had always been like this. She's very witty and very protective of me."

"Nu-uh. I'm not!"

"Sure you aren't, kitty cat." Si Won pinched my cheeks. "Anyway... Thank you Kyuhyun for coming today. Did you enjoy it?"

"Yes, especially the last piece. It was very emotional and very touching indeed. But i don't recognize it. Definitely not Mozart or Bach. Was it your own piece?"

"It was actually Soo Jin's. She's a college student. She does theater. She writes her own musical pieces and songs. That was one of it." Si Won explained.

 I nudged him and shook my head. "You don't have to tell him everything."

Kyuhyun looked at me with a new kind of respect. "I didn't expect that at all. You were sleeping when Si Won sshi played that piece."

"YOU WERE SLEEPING?" Si Won said loudly. He then laughed.

"I-I didn't mean to..." I nervously said. Then I gave Kyuhyun a glare. He smirked.

"Anyway. Why don't you come around to our house when you're free. We can discuss piano." Si Won smiled towards Kyuhyun.

"What, really? You really mean that?! Wow, that's amazing! Thank you, thank you so much. This is unbelievable. I'm just... wow. Speechless." Kyuhyun stammered.

Si Won gave one of his famous smile and then said ; "This is my card. Come whenever. Sometimes i might not be at home, and Taeyeon's in college most of the time, so inform us before you come... We don't want you to wait for us. It makes us feel bad."

"T-thank you."

"Hey, don't worry about it. You seem nice. And Soo Jin rarely talks to guys. I guess you're different."

"No, he's not. Just like any other guys, he's gay for you." I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say?" Si Won asked.

"Nothing... Nothing."

"Moving on, we shouldn't keep you here any longer. It's already late, and we should all go home." Si Won reminded.

He took my hand and said goodbye to Kyuhyun. Si Won pulled me towards the backstage to find Tiffany there, waiting for us.

"You need a ride, Fany?"

"If that's okay..."

"Of course it is! You're family." Si Won smiled.

"You can let go of my hand now." I said, pulling my hand away from his. "Why did you invite that dufus to our home?"

"Because that's what i do! I invite dufuses home. Like for example, you."

"HEY, that hurt! I had no where to go, oppa. You know that. When our parents divorced, i had no one else, but you."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." Si Won apologized immediately. He wasn't always like this. We don't usually fight. When we do, it was usually him that apologize. Even if i was wrong, not him. But that's Si Won... He's my brother.

Our family is complicated, but I'll get more to that later, in the later chapters. You'll find that my life ain't all rosy. There's a lot of thorns in my way. But that made my life more enjoyable and fun.

----------------------------

Author's note :

Hey guys, this is my new and shining fanfic. I know, i know i have too much to handle but i couldn't help it! I hope you guys will enjoy this fic as much as i will be writing it. Since my fic "After all this time" is ending, i wanted to make a new one that focuses on Taeyeon. So, yeah.

The reason why i put it as TAEYEON'S POV but her name is Soo Jin will be revealed soon.... So yeah for now, you should just know that Taeyeon and Soo Jin are the same person.

Thanks for reading and please review it <3

Much love.