The men in my life.

Love at First Note

Taeyeon's POV

It was another usual cloudy day and i was in class, everyone was practicing for our new musical that we usually perform every month. This month, we were doing "Snow White.", and I was playing the part of snow white. It's fun most of the time, but sometimes I overdo it and my throat hurts at the end of the day. But I enjoy being on stage performing so it was definitely fun.

"Five minute break everyone." the head, who was also prince charming in our new musical, Kim Junsu announced. He's definitely one of the gorgeous guys in our college and everyone's into him, but I'm not really interested. Yes, he has a heavenly voice and we're usually paired together in a play but that's that. He could never be interested in me, anyway.

Plus, I have a crush on someone else. Okay, don't judge me for this, but I'm in love with.... wait for it.... my lecturer. Okay, he doesn't really lecture me in anything. He's a professor in the medicine department. He sometimes teaches history and physics too. His name is Lee Dong Wook. Don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed over him and we don't really have much age difference. I'm about 23 and he's only 30. Okay I get it, that's quite a lot of difference but I don't really care. He's handsome and smart and really nice. There's not one person in our college that doesn't have a crush on him.

"Soo Jin ah! Snap out of your day dream! Were you even listening to me?!" Tiffany sighed.

"What? Umm, yeah... sure." I said. I wasn't really listening, but the best way is to just say yes.

"Great." Tiffany smiled.

----------------------------------------------

To : Si Won oppa ^^

Oppa, I might be home late today. Don't wait for me , okay.

I grabbed my bag as the class ended and went to my car at the parking lot. Then i heard a crashing noise. It came from the person who parked his car next to me. I glanced at the person and i almost got a heart attack when i saw Professor Lee Dong Wook.

"Professor Lee. Are you okay?" I helped him pick up the stuff that fell on the ground.

"Oh no... it's the lab equipments. I'm so screwed..."

"Umm... I have nothing against you or anything but i don't think the teachers are allowed to use those kind of words to a student." I laughed a little. He looked at me for a long while then he smiled.

"I'm sorry , you're right. I'm just really clumsy. You're Choi Soo Jin right? From theater department?" He asked, smiling.

I don't know if it was obvious, but i was smiling from ear to ear and in my head, i was screaming he knows me, he knows me! But instead i said to him in the calmest way i could possibly say "..yeah."

"I saw your play last month. It was amazing. I heard you're doing Snow White this month? That's great. I'm going to watch it."

"You like watching plays?" I asked. It was sort of new to me. He was always the intellectual kind. Not someone who watches plays and musicals.

He laughed his hearty laugh and said "Of course. I love it. I love plays and musicals and operas."

"You're kidding! Me too."

"I know we lecturers aren't supposed to do this, but i'm going to invite you out. There's an opera show this weekend and i had extra tickets. Wanna join me?" He smiled.

I almost screamed in joy. Since i was really speechless and i didn't trust myself to say anything because i might freak him out and spoil it, i just nodded my head instead.

"Great. Meet me tomorrow and I'll give you the tickets." He said. I nodded again and he took his stuff and left.

So did I.

I wasn't heading home. I was going towards the city hospital to visit my sick father who was suffering an incurable illness called the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (or simply CJD) which a degenarative neurological disorder, which basically means brain disorder.

I arrived in front of my father's room just to look at him from outside. I couldn't bear to see him up close because it was just too painful for me.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Choi Soo Jin sshi. You're here again?" I heard a deep man's voice behind me. It was Doctor Cho Ryeo Woo, the doctor who was in charge of my father.

"Hmm." was all i could say.

"Why is it always you? It's not that i don't want you here, but where is your mother? Your brother?"

"Sometimes i ask myself the same thing, doctor. After my parents divorced, my mother hates my father so much, she couldn't even face him. And my brother is very protective of my mother, so he takes her side."

Doctor Cho decided to say nothing.

"He still doesn't remember me? My father, i mean..." I asked sadly. The last time i visited my father, he didn't even know who I was.

Doctor Cho looked at me sympathetically and he shook his head. "I'm afraid not. But that is normal for CJD patients. They lose memory and their personality changes. It's not a very long process. His time to die will take a few weeks or if he's lucky, a few months."

"That's too short. He can't leave me."

"I'm sorry, miss Choi. I can't do anything. There is no cure for your father. In the early stages of the disease, which your father is suffering now, he'll experience memory loss, and behavorial changes, visual disturbances and lack of coordination. But as the illness progress, mental deterioration becomes pronounced and involuntary movements, blindness, weakness of extremities, and coma may occur."

-----------------------------------------

I sat in the car at the parking lot, crying. I was always close to my dad. He was my best friend even before Si Won was. When i found out that Appa was cheating on my mother and they decided on a divorce, it broke my heart. 3 years later, which was 2 weeks ago, he developed the disease. Ever since then, i visited appa every day if possible.

*ding*

From : Si Won Oppa ^^

Jinnie, when are you coming home? Tiffany was so mad. She came to our house a few hours ago. She said you agreed that you would work on the assignment with her today but you didn't show up. Where are you? I'm getting worried. I had to help our Tipany without you and Kyuhyun is coming to our house tonight, so you better come home and behave!

---------------------------------

From : Pany Pany Tippany

Yah, you didn't show up. Again. This is your 7th time, Soo Jin. So, the next time you want to make promises with me, don't bother. I know you won't keep it.

P/s : During Si Won's recital, you did snore. I just lied to the man you know why? Cause I'm your friend. But am i, really?

Great. Now Tiffany's mad at me. I sighed and the car engine and began to drive home. It was already late and the sun was going down. I looked at my wristwatch to see what time it was.

7.30 p.m

--------------------------------------

"Come in." Si Won invited Kyuhyun to our home. Unlike every other visitors, Kyuhyun came in without his mouth gaped open. Usually visitors do that. Even Tiffany did that. Our house is huge.  We have a huge garden with a swimming pool and slides. Jacuzzis and we have the most absolutely gorgeous mansion with long curtains and a private movie theater and starlight ceilings and glass windows and doors and walls. We have a big kitchen and a library like the ones you find in Beauty and the Beast.

My favourite room was of course the music room. Which is Si Won's practice room. We have our favourite instruments there, such as the 2 grand pianos which was in orange (my favourite colour) and in white (which was Si won's of course) We have a saxophone, a trombone, a trumpet, drums, and a collection of guitars (electric and acoustic) on the wall. My favourite was the harp. I play the harp like a pro but i'm getting rusty nowadays because i seldom use it anymore.

We had a great house to live in thanks to our parents and Si Won's pay. He's really famous, so he gets paid a lot.

Back to what i was saying, Kyuhyun didn't seem to surprised or amazed by our house, so I'm guessing that he's pretty rich, too.

"Let's head to the music room. Soo Jin will prepare dinner, won't you, Soo Jin?"

"Sure." I said.

I cooked spaghetti because that was the only dish that I'm truly confident in. Si Won's really good in cooking, so it was easy for the both of us. But usually when he's out of town to make money having recitals, I had to make my own dinner. Or when he has someone over to teach piano to, or when we have guests. He takes it from our mother who was a great cook. She has her own restaurant which was getting really famous. She collaborated with a famous french chef and they named the restaurant "Secret Rendezvous", which means a secret 'meeting place', and it was themed a french spy thing. It's really fun because you get a really mysterious place and the food is really fancy and expensive.

"Dinner's ready, boys." I spoke through the intercom that led my voice towards the music toom. It's easier like that. I didn't have to go upstairs and call them.

I set up the plates on the table and Si Won and Kyuhyun came.

"I'm hungry."Si Won said.

"Stop complaining." i smiled. "Your wait ends here, your majesty!" I joked.

"Wow, Soo Jin sshi cooked this herself?" Kyuhyun smiled.

"You betcha i did!" I laughed.

I sat next to Si Won oppa and in front of Kyuhyun and we enjoyed the dinner I made.

"Wow, never thought Soo Jin sshi would be great at cooking."

"Actually, this is the only dish she's good at. Ha Ha!" Si Won said, patting my head as if I was a puppy.

"No! I can... I can cook rice very well." I said stubbornly.

This made them laugh even more.

I know I shouldn't say this, but I actually enjoyed spending dinner with Kyuhyun. It was usually just the two of us, and it could get really lonely during dinner. But Kyuhyun lighten up the place a little. He made us laugh a lot, and he laughed at me a lot, which is bad, but i kind of liked the way he laughs, so i didn't mind.

Kyuhyun helped me wash the dishes as Si Won was wiping the table. Kyuhyun splashed water at me a little.

"YAH! Aim the water at the dishes, not me , you pbabo."

Kyuhyun laughed at my anger.

"You know to be honest with you, the spaghetti sauce was a little lumpy."

"YAH! Aish, this man. Have you not heard of 'supporting', or 'white lies'?" I asked, embarrased.

"I was just kidding." Kyuhun laughed. "It was really delicious."

I couldn't help but smile.

Si Won came to the kitchen with the rag and smiled. "You guys are bonding?"

"Yah, oppa you can't just come in and say something awkward like that."

Si Won chuckled. He washed his hand and pinched my cheek.

"Your hand is wet. And my cheek hurt!"

"Sorry, Jinnie yah"

"So, you guys are done practicing piano?"

"For today." Si Won smiled.

"Oh no. This dude is coming tomorrow again!?" I pointed towards Kyuhyun, who was looking at me in shock.

"What dude?! You're calling me a dude?"

"Fine... This lady is coming tomorrow again!?"

"LADY?! YAH!! I'm not a lady!"

"If you're not a dude and you're not a lady, what are you then? Monkey?!"

"Monkey!?"

"Stop it both of you!" Si Won laughed. "Soo Jin, respect our guest."

I pouted.

Kyuhyun stuck out his tongue at me playfully. "Merong!"

"Yah, that's really childish!" I said in anger.

Kyuhyun smiled and pinched my cheek. "What's with everyone pinching my cheek?!"

"I wish i could feed you to the wolves, Soo Jinnie. They'd munch on your cheeks. So cute." Si Won smiled.

"You're saying wolves eating my cheeks are cute!? What kind of brother are you?!" I said in shock.

Si Won and Kyuhyun laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------

When Kyuhyun left, Si Won and I watched TV but we weren't really concentrating. Even when the sports news came up, we didn't even bother like we used to. We just... talked.

"Where were you anyway?"

"I... didn't go anywhere. I was just... I had something to do..."

"Did you talk to Fany?"

I stayed silent, and the only noise we could hear was from the TV, announcing the winner of a tennis tournament.

".... Did you talk to Fany?" Si Won repeated.

"No."

"You should. She was really upset."

"I know..." I sighed.

"She's your friend. She's your best friend. Therefore, she's mine, too. It's always the three of us, remember? She would care for you. I would care for you, and you'd do the same to us. She's your only friend that i could stand. Everyone else was a little... you know..."

"Do you remember Jessica from 7th grade?" I laughed. "She would sleep on our couch five minutes after she arrives. She wouldn't wake up even an hour later. I would call her sleeping beauty. And Sunny? She'd catch the fishes in our pond with her bare hands. Oh... remember Seohyun? She wouldn't speak a word to you. Even if she had known you for 5 months."

"That's not the point, Soo Jin. Point is, Tiffany is your friend. You need to talk to her."

"Have you talked to Dad?"

"Soo Jin, he cheated on mom."

"That's not the point, Si Won. Point is, He's our dad. He's your dad. You need to talk to him."

Si Won was silent.

"He's sick, Si Won ah. Mom isn't. He's sick. He won't live long."

"Everyone dies, in the end, Soo Jin. What difference does it make?"

"The difference is, he's not just anyone. He's your dad." I said again. "He's your dad. Even if his disease won't let him remember you, he's still your dad. Even if he cheated on mom, he's still your dad. Even if he left mom, He's still your dad. Even if he won't take either of us to his care after he left mom, he's still your dad. And he's my dad. I care for him as much as i care for you, and i know you both care for me too, so please. Do it for me."

--------------------------------

Author's note : Hey, chapter 2 is up! Thanks for the people who posted comments and subscribed. Thank you <3