Chapter 6

I want to tell you I love you

It's been an hour since I left Jimin's house and he's called probably like a hundred times. That's how he is; if I don't pick up he calls again but now it's more desperate. I feel a little bit bad because he always worries when I don't pick up which is a lot, you see my phone is almost always on mute. So when he calls once more I decide to answer.

"Hey, Jungkook, thank God you answered! Look, I know that you're mad at me right now but it's really not what you think", Jimin says and I sigh.

"It's okay. Let's talk about it on our way to Bambam's. Whoever that is", I answer. I'm really not an expert in relationships but I figure it's better to talk about these things face-to-face. Besides now that I've had a moment to think, maybe I was overreacting a little. I mean it's just a picture after all. I hear Jimin let out a breath. I guess he thought I wouldn't be coming after getting mad like that. I'm starting to get a little embarrassed by my behavior.

"Yeah, okay. Be here in two and half hours."  

"Sure", I say.

"Bye", Jimin says and I hang up. Once again I go through it in my mind. He's kissed a girl? So? He's probably had a girlfriend? So? It necessarily doesn't mean that he can't like me like that. And if it doesn't mean that he's been leading me on then there's nothing to even be mad about but if it does then there was nothing real between us which means there's nothing I lost. I sigh, turn around and head home to change my clothes.

 

 

When I get home I don't say a word. I just go to my room and close the door. Again, not long goes before Sojin comes in and closes the door after her.

"What happened?" she asked. I look at her with a frown wondering how she always knows when something is bothering me. Then again not saying anything and just sulking doesn't really give an impression like everything's okay.

"I was at Jimin's and then Jongup came for a while and we just hung out and then he left. Then Jimin kissed me", I pause there for a while and Sojin's face lights up. I can see how happy she is for me and the thought that this really was her intention when she first took me on that dinner. Then her smile fades when she sees that I don't look as happy as a guy whose crush just kissed him should look.

"But?"

"But when he went to get something to drink I saw a picture of him and some girl kissing", I say and that makes Sojin raise her eyebrows and frown. She looks about as surprised as I was.

"Wow. I didn't know he's into girls", she says.

"Yeah, me neither. He told me he's gay. And now I don't know if he's been playing me this whole time or if he's into boys and girls."

"What did you do?" Sojin asks. Now, more than before, I'm embarrassed about how childish I acted. The desire to hit my head against the wall is just getting stronger.

"I left", I mumble looking at my hands.

"Jungkook, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's been leading you on. Maybe he's done something stupid and unlike him and there probably was a time when he didn't know boys and dated girls. You need to remember that his past doesn't define him. I truly believe Jimin's a good guy and cares about you a lot", Sojin says and smiles a bit. She touches my hand and then leaves.  

 

 

Exactly at half past seven I'm standing in front of Jimin's house waiting for him to come. And he does. Looking handsome as ever, wearing his long-sleeved white t-shirt (sleeves rolled up to elbows, of course), ripped jeans and a black snapback covering his orange hair. Wow, does he look good. Then I remember how he kissed me and I have to look away so he doesn't see me blushing.

"Hey", I say.

"Hey", Jimin says and god only knows how awkward it is. The walk to Bambam's isn't much better since we don't say a word.

"So, um, you know, I haven't been leading you on or anything", Jimin finally says when we're in some fancy apartment building. When we get to the elevator Jimin pushes the 12th button. The 12th floor, of course. Why am I not surprised?

"You could've told me you're into girls too", I note and he nods. I still feel a little childish clinging onto this so thightly but I just can't help myself.

"That's true. I just didn't want you to feel unsure about how I feel about you", Jimin says. I just shrug. Then the elevator stops. I'm surprised because we can't be in the 12th floor yet. The doors don't open either and some of the lights flicker before turning off. We're stuck. I curse.

"Dammit, of course this has to happen right now. Just my luck", Jimin snarls and looks up, fixing his snapback a little bit too aggressively.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask offended. I wouldn't be if it wasn't for the right now in his sentence.

"Well, I don't find it really fun being stuck in an elevator with a guy who makes his mind based on one picture. God, it was a year ago and I didn't even know I like boys back then!"

"I'm sorry if you took it that way but what the hell am I supposed to do when I see a picture of you kissing a girl?"

"You're supposed to not jump into conclusions of your own and just hear me out", Jimin snaps. "Okay, then talk because I have no idea how you really feel about me!" I'm shouting now.

"I love you, damnit!" he shouts back. I stare at him in shock.

"What?"

"You heard me. I love you. I love that you love chicken more than anything and I love the face you make everytime you win at video games like I ever had a chance against you and I love your stupid hate for pickles and your stupid awkward smile every time I wink at you. I love how you make fun of my favorite dramas even though you don't even watch any. I love your stupid over-sized t-shirts that you have in like every ing color. I'm just so ing in love with you, okay?" Jimin shouts and then stops to breathe. He said all that in one breath. I stare at him in awe, with my eyes wide and lips a little parted. I can't believe what I just heard. I mean, yes, we kissed and yes, he said he likes me but that... That's just way more meaningful and intimate than a simple I like you. I don't really notice it before I'm in front of him, pressing my lips against his. Jimin kisses me back fiercely and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"I love you", I say in between the kisses and he smiles. We just kiss there and the kiss just softens when the lights turn back on. I step away and look down even though he now of course knows but I guess it's just an instinct to try to hide my blush. Finally the elevator reaches the top floor, the doors open and we step out into a big room with flashing lights, loud music and a lot of people. Jimin links his pinky finger with mine and starts to lead me through all these people. The apartment is a little too crowded and the music a little too loud but this moment couldn't be any more perfect.

 

// lol i'm not even gonna promise to try to update soon since i know it'll probably be a while xD but anywaysss i'm sorry i'm being so lazy with this fic and i'll try to write more often after my exams (i should be studying right now...) but yeeess what did you think about this chapter?? the elevator scene? this chap is a little bit too short but i didn't have time to write more so the next one will be longer this time for real hahaha

thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed it anyways ^^