Chapter 2

I want to tell you I love you

It takes a week for Jimin to actually call me.

"Hey man, sorry I didn't call you, I've been super busy", he says when I pick up.

"Yeah, it's okay, I've been busy too", I answer and it's basically true. It was the last week of school last week and now that it's summer I can finally relax. And who am I kidding, sit inside all day.

"So I was wondering if you'd wanna come play basketball with me and my boys tonight?" Jimin asks and I frown a bit. My boys? I glance at the clock and it's about three.

"Um, yeah sure. What time?" I ask a bit hesitantly.

"At five in the park", Jimin says and I can hear him smiling.

"Okay."

"And Jungkook, no need to worry, My friends are nice", he adds.

"Great", I say and hang up.

 

 

At about five I walk into the park nearby and there's a group of four guys doing baskets and laughing and shouting at each other. Suddenly I get super self-conscious. What if they don't like me? What if I can't come up with anything to say? What if I'm not even good at basketball and I'm just going to make a total fool of myself? I'm about to turn away but then Jimin notices me and and runs to me with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, um, nothing much", I say although I'm not really sure if it even was a question. We start walking towards the three other guys, Jimin's 'my boys'.

"Meet Taehyung", Jimin says and points at the tallest guy with a light brown hair and boxy smile, "Jongup", who's the shortest guy (even shorter than Jimin and I seriously didn't think that's possible), "And Mark", Mark has a friendly smile and blonde hair styled up.

"So this is my little posse", Jimin says and grins. Everybody's staring at me like they're waiting for me to do something. I just stand there awkwardly until I get it. Oh damn.

"Oh, I'm Jungkook", I say and give them a small bow. Could this get any more awkward?

"Is it okay if we just go to the mall or something?" Taehyung asks and glances at me but then looks at Jimin. Jimin looks at me and I nod. At least we don't have to find out if I'm bad at basketball or not today.

"Sure", Jimin says.

 

 

"So, Jungkook, do you play any sports?" Jongup asks when we're walking to the mall. Why do people keep asking me that? 

"No, not really", I say, a bit embarrassed. I don't know if the popular guys and the guys who have lots of friends always play sports but it sure seems like it.

"You do?" I ask, trying to be normal. It's not that I'm embarrassed of who I am but it's more like I don't even know who I am yet. Also it's been such a long time since I've hung out with anyone other than Sojin and her friends so I hardly know what to talk about.

"Yup, soccer just like Jimin. Mark hyung and Tae both play basketball. It kinda makes these basketball games a little unfair", Jongup explains and I nod.

"My friend used to play basketball too but i don't know if he still does", I say. Why did I just say that? It's not like they could care less about my ex-friend. Jimin and Jongup glance at each other.

"How so?" Mark asks. He's been quiet the whole time, I've been getting the vibe that he doesn't really talk. I'm not really in the mood to talk about what happened with Jaebum and to be honest I don't even want them to know about it. Not yet anyway.

"We don't really talk anymore", I shrug trying to make it sound like it's not a big deal.

"Why?" Taehyung asks. Well this is one curious group of 'my boys'.

"He turned into an ", I just decide to say. That's pretty much what happened anyways. They all nod and leave it to that. Then Jongup starts to talk about what they should do now that the summer break started.

"I think I need to study a bit", Jimin says and gets a choir of boos. I raise my eyebrows a bit. Since sports or friends don't take my time, I have lots of time to study and well, I'm pretty much the top of my class.

"It's summer, bro, you really can't study", Jongup whines. It's unbelievable how that small person can have such an attitude. He's like a diva or something. A cool guy diva but diva nevertheless.

"I have to or I'll fail math next year and I can't let that happen in my senior year", Jimin says.

"You good at school?" Jongup asks me.

"Yeah, I guess I'm okay", I say and shrug.

"Should we rather go to the beach than the mall?" Jimin asks even though I have a feeling that nobody would try to argue even if he just said that let's go to the beach, each, let's go get away. Okay, maybe not Nicki Minaj. But still. It's a little weird since he's not even the oldest. I guess Mark doesn't like arguing.

"Sure, Golden Boy, whatever you say", Jongup says and judging by Mark and Tae's sighs, this sentence is thrown around by him a lot.

"I think Jungkook is our new Golden Boy. Sojin noona told me you're good at everything you try", Jimin says and glances at me with a grin. I can feel a blush rise on my cheeks. Of course.

 

 

"It's so nice that school ended", Taehyung says and leans back, enjoying the sun on his skin. We all agree to that. Well, my last summer really and it was a bit too lonely for my liking but maybe this summer will be more fun.

"We'll all get girlfriends this summer", Taehyung continues with his boxy smile.

"Like you'll get anyone", Jimin laughs. I look down. I don't want a girlfriend. Only Sojin and of course Jaebum knows that I'm into guys. I don't want to lose this opportunity to have friends. Of course not everyone is that racist or uncomfortable around gay people but I don't want to risk anything yet. And so we spend the day at the beach, talking and laughing and that's the first day of me having new friends, not even knowing how much would change during this summer. 

 

// just if anyone was confused jongup is from B.A.P and mark and jaebum from got7. i tried to take as many bts members into this as i could but they don't really match the personalities of the original characters and it'd be quite tricky to change the plot for them to fit in... they'll appear later tho :) i was thinking of making this a bts/got7 crossover anyways? :D thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed! see you in the next update ^^